We're always good as a team, remember?

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Joohyun-sshi?”

A familiar voice startled her and Kyuhyun instantly knew who the person who called was.

“Ah, Donghae-sunbae…”

 

“You should be proud of her, she become an oasis in a desert for these children.”

Kyuhyun threw a glance to the young doctor who lent to the railing beside him while watching Joohyun played with the sick children downstairs on that international hospital.

“I do, always.” He nodded to Donghae. “She is a gem.”

“Indeed.” The doctor agreed with him and then laughed when the children recognized him and some shouted, “Lee-Seonsangnim! Unnie brought chocolates!”

Kyuhyun watched the scene with some sad feeling. So this was what he missed all this time. No wonder they seemed so close to each other, they both worked so close with the children.

“You should not jump into conclusion, Kyuhyun-sshi.” Donghae’s statement brought him back from his trance.

“Uh, what?” He blinked his eyes.

“I would be lying if I said I didn’t find her attractive in the beginning.” The doctor continued with a small smile. “And I did ask her on some get together several times, but she always refused them unless we went with the children to the park.”

Kyuhyun looked at the older man intently and came to conclusion that he was telling the truth. His smile is slowly creeping back in. “Did she say why?”

“Not really, but I am not a blind man.” Donghae smiled. “I can see that someone else has taken her heart.”

Kyuhyun suddenly felt relieved and warm toward this guy. I can see why Joohyun like him. “I hope so, too, Hyung.”

Donghae laughed now and shook his head in disbelief. “You know her since when school, right?”

“Nope. Since she was 3.”

“Oh My, Thank God I am not a university student, the old man in me helps me to be rationale and realistic.” Then he chuckled. “But I am not sure about the boys at her university, though.”

Kyuhyun shrugged. “That can be handled easily….. Hyung.”

Donghae nodded, understanding drowned in him when the younger man called him with such honorary. Kyuhyun was thanking him for what he’d done for Joohyun. Now I know why Joohyun stayed with him.

“Great. Now that you here, you can persuade Joohyun to call me Oppa.” He winked and both guys were laughing.

“Whoaaaa…. Are you guys laughing at me?” Joohyun soft voice suddenly filled the air that just seconds before was filled with a new friendship.

 “And why if we are?” Kyuhyun retorted playfully and got reply on a form of Joohyun’s tongue out to him.

“Unnie, who is this?”

The three of them shifted their eyes to the toddler who tugged on Joohyun’s pants.

Kyuhyun dropped himself to his knees in front of the little girl and offered his hand. “I am Kyuhyun, and you are?”

The girl looked at him in full interest, as well as a few older children that suddenly crowding around Kyuhyun and the girl. But she kept her hand on Joohyun’s pants.

Donghae laughed softly. “Jinri, this is Kyuhyun-Oppa. He’s a good friend of your Unnie. Right, Unnie?” He regarded Joohyun.

“Yeah, he is the most wonderful Oppa in the world. So, you are lucky to meet him, Jinri.” Joohyun’s eyes met with Kyuhyun and his breath was stop when he regarded the love and proud that were clearly shown in her eyes.

Jinri, the 3 years old girl with pneumonia since birth, finally let Joohyun’s hand off and stumbled with her chubby legs to Kyuhyun. Then in an arm length she suddenly threw her small body to Kyuhyun’s arms.

Kyuhyun was startled with the sudden act but recovered soon. He pulled the toddler into his hug and stood up with Jinri in his arms. The little one sighed contentedly and brough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter