Some people changes, some things moves, but you and I are stay the same.

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was one fateful day in Autumn, two decades ago, when one found the other for the very first time.

It was another day in another Autumn, ten years ago, when one left the other for the last time.

Then, it is a day in this Autumn, when they finally coming home…to each other.

*****

 

“I always thought you are great in blue.”

Joohyun wakes up from her trance as her sister comes into the room with a huge smile is plastered in her beautiful face.

“Unnie! “ Red shades is creeping into the younger’s cheeks as Yuri stands behind her and places a beautiful jade necklace on her neck. She gasps when she realizes what it is. “But Unnie….

“Umma gave this to me when I was sick so the energy of love and happiness it represents would flow into me. “ The older shakes her head and her younger sister’s hair fondly. “And now you will be married to your soulmate, and I think you need it more than me.”

Joohyun looks down at the necklace and then darting her eyes to her sister who now plop herself into the couch  at the corner of the younger room.  “Thank you. I promise I will take good care of this so your daughter would be able to wear it later, Unnie.”

“Or your daughter.” Yuri smiles weakly.  Since the last doctor visit which told them that they would do anything to cure her sickness, she and Jongwoon had accepted that they wouldn’t take any granted from the situation, just focusing on their only son’s wellbeing now. To give him the attention that he needs while she still can.

The younger look over her shoulder and sees her sister’s solemn expression but she decides to let it go for now.  She glances for her reflection on the mirror for one last chance   before steeping out of the wedding dress and into her t-shirt and jeans.

“I can’t help but to hope we don’t have the accident as happened in Yoona and Changmin-Oppa’s wedding.” Joohyun chuckles as she hangs the wedding dress and places it in her dressing closet. She steps off her shoes and tucks them into the big box under the dress, then walking to her sister shoeless.

“Here, let me braid your hair.” Yuri tugs her into her lap as she used to do when they were children.  Joohyun shuts her eyes as the older hums softly while doing her hair, relishing the happiness that she always feel whenever she remembers the time when Yuri was on hospital. “I wonder if Kyuhyun did that crazy braided style you wore two days ago.” Suddenly the older chuckles and the younger cheeks reddened.  “Unnie!”

*****

 

“That’s a very beautiful portrait.”

Kyuhyun shakes his head and smiles. “Well, the model is more beautiful than that.  Have you met her?” He glances to the side as his best friend steps forward and chuckles.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter