Chapter 9

I'll Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

DARA'S POV

 

 

I glanced at my clock, pouting. Why is that woman taking so long? I stared at the city lights here at Gangnam as I stand alone in the front door of Bom's botique waiting for her.

 

 

Were going to talk about life, which is what we usually do. We always comfort each other but, why do I feel like – hard? opening up this time is hard? I feel so scared.

 

 

"Dara!" I hear her calling me. GAAAAH, I missed her.

 

 

"Bom-ahhhh" I said gazing. I reached for her embrace and hugged her tight. I can smell her strawberry scented perfume that she had always loved.

 

 

"Come on, I made our reservation in our fave resto, let's get going.. you have a loooong story to tell t-toki!"

 

 

I smiled forcely at her as she drag me into the restaurant but I'm feeling so uneasy.

 

 

"So, what's up?" Bom asked the moment we entered.

 

 

I sighed. How can I tell her everything, now? I don't want to look back and remember everything that happened. It's going to hurt me b-but I know that this is the only way to make this hurting less painful.

 

 

"Jiyong.." I said as I start the conversation.

 

 

"He's back" Bom could only look at me with confusion.

 

 

"Great! He's back right? Isn't that a good thing? You wanted him to come back right? He's here now so, what's the problem?"

 

 

"Him. He is the problem. I don't know, he came back and I'm not informed by it. He came back like just a blink of an eye.. he came back without me knowing that he's our new CEO––"

 

 

"Wait, CEO?! MOONSHOT?!"

 

 

I nod and took a sip on my coffee.

 

 

"He's our new CEO. I don't know anymore Bom. When he saw me it feels like I'm a different person to him, like we just met.. and, I'm already working for him for 3 days b-but we never talk about.. about, us"

 

 

I look up as my tears are threatening to fall. That pain inside my chest that I avoided to feel crawled so fast back and it was making it hard to stop crying.

 

 

Bom looked at me with sadness written all over her face and I just hated the idea more because I hate seeing my friends look sad just because of me. 

 

 

"What are we?" I asked.

 

 

Bom was just looking at me and listening. Good thing is we're at a VIP room so we're the only people inside.

 

 

"I wanted to ask him.. how is he? what's up? how's US? how have you been? did you missed me? have I ever crossed to your mind?"

 

 

I wiped the tears that fell on my cheeks and Bom changed her position to sat beside me and enveloped me with her warm hug.

 

 

"Come on, say everything you wanted to say.. express your thoughts.. I'm here to listen"

 

 

That made me cry even more.

 

 

*sobs*

 

 

"I waited him for six damn years. I missed him but why is he so distant?! why do I feel like he changed? where's my jiyong?! *sobs* does Jiyong that I'm seeing even knows me?!"

 

 

Bom hug me tighter like she was reading my mind and that I need that kind of hug.

 

 

"Why does he always hurt me? All I wanted was to bring everything back, bring him back. How did we even got to this kind of situation?! He left m-me *sobs* and what kind of is that?!"

 

 

"Shhhhh.." Bom cooed me combing my hair with her fingers.

 

 

"And now, he came back and acting like he doesn't know me at all! How unfair he is! He never even cared about my feelings! HE IS SO UNFAIR!" I said and Bom continued on wiping my tears. 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

It was past 10 pm when Dara arrived to the building where her unit was located, she punched the button of the elevator and tilted her head so it can lean on the walls. A heavy sigh escaped as she review everything that happened today, its a tough one for her.

 

 

After she and her friend talked. She already made up her mind to talk to him because she really felt the urge to talk to him about them. But the problem is, she doesn't know how? when? or where? All she knows is that she needs to.

 

 

She forcely closed her eyes as her mind was filling again with questions. Questions that was making her feel more frustrated about everything.

 

 

*ting*

 

 

Dara walked silently along the hallway, looking at every door that she passes by but she furrowed her brows when she saw the door next her unit open and the inside look was full of boxes. It was an odd sight for her because she knows that no one lives there.

 

 

"Did someone.. moved there?" 

 

 

She laughed as she shorten her distance to her unit. Her eyes is screaming sadness. She already have so many things to think about on her mind but why does she keeps on adding more? She thought.

 

 

"81888" she smiled reciting the numbers "Arghh, your it's your Birthday of course.. My phone password, laptop, my unit and anything! MY PASSWORD IS HIS BIRTHDAY EVERYONEEE!" she said screaming not minding about anyone.

 

 

She pushed her door and halted her steps to her fridge to get some beer. She accepted it all and gulped every single drop of it.

 

 

"Lifeeeeeeeee." she said as she laughed at her craziness walking towards her favorite place inside the house.

 

 

The balcony..

 

 

She stared at the beautiful lights of Seoul and smiled.

 

 

"Aiyooo, so pretty" She exclaimed and she envy the beautiful lights that always soothes her. Dara hopes to be that beautiful too someday, she wants to be like the city lights of Seoul that touches others, soothes them by its beauty just like what she feels about it. She wants to be someone who touches them too, who will soothe them, comfort them when they need to. 

 

 

Dara was half asleep and half awake when she arrived in Moonshot. She was thanking God for arriving safe since she's not in the mood for work in the first place but she has to. Jiyong is there, she needs him.

 

 

She's looking at her laptop, understanding every emails that their clients have been sending them, arranging her Boss's schedule as she picks up some calls too.

 

 

She rolled her eyes and glared her laptop.

 

 

"Why do I feel like my work became triple hard? I miss Mr Tae! Huhuhu" she whined, frustation on her tone. "What?! INTERVIEW?! Urgh!" another complain escaped from when she read the last email.

 

 

Dara stood up to prepare the fresh milk for Jiyong since he's going to arrive in a bit and her blood is boiling because of the news.

 

 

It was a perfect timing since Jiyong arrived and his fresh milk is ready.

 

 

Jiyong walked confidently with his guards following him and Dara tailing him too with a cup of fresh milk in her hands.

 

 

He sat down and signalled his guards to go outside of his office.

 

 

Dara placed the fresh milk at the top of his table.

 

 

"At 1pm, you have a meeting at the conference room. That's the only meeting that you have as of now and Sir, early in the Morning a staff from KBS entertainment emailed me, they we're asking if you have a time to do an interview along with our new endorser, Kiko Mizuhara"

 

 

Dara bit her cheeks upon saying the girls name. She's still affected by what happened yesterday and knowing that someone wants to do an interview with Kiko and Jiyong irks her. She wanted to turn down the offer as soon as possible but she's not in the right place to do it. She's not even sure why Jiyong should be on an interview!

 

 

Jiyong nod as he takes a sip on his milk.

 

 

"I'll do the interview, please inform them that I would like to do it this evening" He said, starting to read all the files in his table.

 

 

Dara spun around and went to her table, sitting miserably. She wanted to punch somebody. Her hands are itching and as long as she wanted to scream, she can't do it. Anger is overtaking her, how can she watch Jiyong doing an interview with that Kiko?! She's so helpless. She replied to the KBS staff with her fingers almost crashing her laptop.

 

 

"URGHHHH!" She said out loud that makes the guards outside Jiyong's office alarmed and look at her.

 

 

Dara breath deeply "Relax Dara. It's just an interview but you're still prettier than her" she said motivating herself. The men-in-black suits could only smile secretly at her tantrums.

 

 

*bzzzzzzzzzt* bzzzzzzzzzzzt*

 

 

"Hello?" she asked.

 

 

"This is the KBS"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter