Chapter 4

I'll Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chanyeol's POV 

 

 

 

 

 


"H-Hyung?"

 

 

He didn't bothered looking at me and just walked straight to Dad. W-what? Why is he here?

 

 


"Welcome home" Dad said, greeting him. He sat at the vacant seat in front of me and I was just looking at that empty chair earlier.  I sat again and stole a glance to Mom which is obviously not in the mood.

 

 


"Let's eat" 

 

 


I gathered all my strength and reach for the spoon. I unintentionally fidget ay my seat, I can't believe this is happening, since when? how? why? There's so many questions inside my head. I blinked my eyes before giving him a look. 

 

 


It is him.

 

 


"How's your time in the States?" Dad asked breaking the awkward silence.

 

 


"It was great Dad. I didn't regret it. It was very different from here" He said while smiling. Dad chuckled "I'm happy to hear that" 

 

 


Mom faked a cough and stared at him with a scowl written all over her face "So when did you came?" 

 

 


My eyes widened while I got curious to Mom's question. I look at Hyung, waiting for his answer.

 

 


"Ahh, last week" he said, looking at me.

 

 


"Where did you stayed?" I managed myself to ask while he gave me a meaningful look. What does that even mean?!

 

 


"In Seoul" He said confidently.

 

 


Seoul? He stayed in Seoul? A week ago? No way! could it be possible that Dara really saw him?

 

 


"Of all places why there" I muttered. 

 

 


"Wae? What's wrong with it? I took a tour in Seoul and enjoyed for awhile since I'm going to be busy in the upcoming days, Dad also wanted me to explore Seoul more since I have to get used to it, again. I'll work there."

 

 


My jaw dropped. What did he just--is that--why did it---how could---URGHH. I looked at Dad with an annoyed expression. How could he just let Hyung work here? This is so sudden, he didn't even informed me about this.

 

 


HE WILL LET THAT BROTHER OF MINE WORK IN SEOUL. OF ALL PLACES?! COME.ON.FOR.PETE'S.SAKE.DARA'S THERE!!

 

 


"Oh, Chanyeol, you've been asking me for God knows how many times if I could change the CEO in Moonshot right?

 

 


I CAN'T IMAGINE IT, I'M IN SEOUL, DARA'S IN SEOUL, HYUNG IS IN SEOUL. WE COULD TOTALLY CROSS OUR PATHS THERE. I nod, this is drivin' me crazy.

 

 


"Well, I will now" 

 

 


I nod again not minding what Dad was talking about. I'm busy thinking how can't we bump each other, the.three.of.us.

 

 


"I'll let Jiyong run that company"

 

 


Oh sure, of course he can run the company. He's fine thoㅡwait. What company? Is he talking about Moonshot?!

 

 


"Wait, Dad. Are you sure about that?" I asked.

 

 


"Yes. and, what's wrong with you? I thought you wanted me to do that?" He said while taking a sip to his water.

 

 


Oh God. What have I done. 

 

 


"Can I take it back?" I whispered but I'm sure that they all heard it.

 

 


"PARK CHANYEOL!" 

 

 


I closed my eyes and Mom laughed. Really? What's so funny about this? Why is this even happening to me? I'm again defeated by Hyung. He always get what he wants and I'm the only one who always adjust to every situation.

 

 

 

Everything went on silence. 

 

 


We ate in peace, I mean they, like how could I have peace in my mind knowing that Hyung will be Dara's Boss?! Dara will go crazy about him again. Why now? I'll be forgotten, again.

 

 


Dad grabbed his favorite wine.

 

 


"Welcome home, son! Cheers!" He happily said. I lazily stood up and tossed my glass to them, forcing a smile. I drank all the wine in just one shot. I really needed that. 

 

 


A knock on the door caught our attention. 

 

 


"Madame, Sir. Someone is looking for you" one of our maid said, notifying them.

 

 


They excused theirselves and went out of the dining room leaving me with Hyung, Oh great. This is so awkward. But then, questions started to fill my mind. I'm going crazy.

 

 


"Is something bothering you?" He asked with a playful smile. 'You're presence bothers me' I answer back in my mind.

 

 


I wanted to ask him if he was really the guy that Dara saw at Gangnam a week ago, I want to confirm it.

 

 


"Did you happen to have a tour aat Gangnam too?" I asked, not looking at him.

 

 


"Oh, that? Yes." So, if ever.. Did you, by chance.. saw her? I wanted to ask him but I can't talk. Even if I don't ask him I can tell that he really did saw her too. His face tells it all.

 

 


"Another, yes. for what you are thinking" He said like a pshyco. When did he became a mind reader?

 

 


I faked a cough. 

 

 


"Like what I told you before, I'll get her back--"

 

 


"Don't even bother, Hyung. We're already happy. W-were in peace, s-she's mine now" I said firmly.

 

 


"I don't think so" He said and smiled.

 

 


I can't believe this.

 

 


"Oh, I better get going. I have an appointment to someone special early tomorrow. Goodnight brother" He stood up and walks towards the door, I on the other hand was glued in my chair. 

 

 


He stopped walking when the door opened "I missed you, by the way" and with that he left me alone in the room. My mouth parted apart withㅡ

 

 


Memories playing on my mind.

 

 


I opened the door and went near to him, It's cold and its raining. I narrowed my eyes to stare down at him.

 

 


"What?" he asked smiling. I didn't utter a word.

 

 


"Are you going to beg again? Are you going to ask me not to talk to her? Do you want me to stay away from her? What? Are you gonna push me too? To live my life in the States?" He is smiling but I can tell that he's sad. His eyes were abondoning him.

 

 


He wiggled my arms "What? Tell me? Do you want me to reject her? Again?" He asked, laughing.

 

 


I didn't reply.

 

 


"Fine." He said.

 

 


I closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter