Chapter 25

I'll Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Mom are you alright?" Jiyong asked worriedly. Unfortunately, his mother was not feeling well the whole week. Jiyong keeps on suggesting her to go visit the hospital but she just won't listen to him. He sighed while listening to her brick coughs. 

 

 

"I'm fine.. Don't worry" she flashed a weak smile.

 

 

Jiyong kissed her forehead. He knows that she's lying, how could she pretend that she's alright? Her lips are cracked and her eyes looks tired. You can obviously tell that she's sick.

 

 

"I always have this dream Jiyong.."

 

 

"What mother?"

 

 

"A dream about, you"

 

 

He squinted his eyes.

 

 

"You and your future family, son"

 

 

Jiyong chuckled nervously while having a guess about his mothers' sudden story about her dream of him.

 

 

"Mo--"

 

 

"I'm scared"

 

 

Jiyong grabbed her hands and caressed it carefully. Why is his Mom like this all of a sudden?

 

 

"I feel like I'm not getting younger.. I feel like I'm not going to make it until you have your family"

 

 

Jiyong gently massaged her fingers. His lips are pressing together to form into a thin line.

 

 

"Jiyong, you're already at the right age. Aren't you planning to get married?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

Dara laughed at Minzy. They just finished doing a photo shoot for Vogue and decided to have a coffee near the studio where they had the shoot. They had to be very careful because the people are starting to notice Dara little by little, they even had to choose for a coffee shop who has least people. Dara's popularity is a no joke.

 

 

"Yah Minzy-ah. Boys loves me and you know that"

 

 

Dara said trying to defend herself from Minzy's tease. She's teasing her about Dara being single. She really loves teasing her Unnie.

 

 

"Then why don't you go and date someone Unnie?" she sips on her tea thinking about what to reply.

 

 

"I have no time for boys"

 

 

"Oh really?" she asked in a mocking tone

 

 

"They will just give me a headache"

 

 

"How about Chanyeol?"

 

 

Dara chuckled.

 

 

"He's a brother to me"

 

 

"He likes you!" she rolled her eyes.

 

 

"Why are you doing this Minzy-yah!"

 

 

 

Dara whined and stomped her feet.

 

 

Minzy stared at Dara with a grin. She knows it. She knows everything about Dara. Her Unnie is so easy to read and that makes Minzy wants to protect her. She witnessed how strong Dara is for the passed few months and she admires her for that. Knowing about Dara's situation, Minzy thought that if that will happen to her then she would probably have killed someone by now. She admires Dara for handling every situation professionally. She hopes that Dara is really speaking with full honesty, she hopes that Dara have fully moved on about everything. She wishes everything that's best for her since Dara's always been a good sister to her.

 

 

"Why is your boyfriend not picking you up?" Dara asked trying to change the subject.

 

 

"He'll be here in a minute, do you want to ride with us?"

 

 

"Nah, I brought my car remember? I'll be fine"

 

 

Minzy nod. "Will you be fine?" she asked her in wary.

 

 

"Of course"

 

 

"The people Unnie"

 

 

"Trust my powers! I know how to handle it"

 

 

Dara stared at her coffee, blankly. Everything is blur and even her coffee is blur. She wonders why? The fact that she feels incomplete hurts her. Just like what others say, truth hurts and opening her eyes to up that he played with her, hurts her. She scowled and rolled her eyes because remembering that Jiyong is not with her anymore travails her. She tried, she tried her best to get rid of him, she tried her best not to reckon but it just won't happen. It's impossible. For that five months of denying she knew that one day she have to face it. She have to face the reality and just by now, she knew that she is slowly opening it up again. Her heartbreak. Her downfall.

 

 

Dara waved goodbye to Minzy.

 

 

There she walked alone, inside the mall where everyone seems to know her but none of them are familiar. She walked while keeping her chin up, her palms were hiding inside her pocket and some camera are capturing her. She can see them but she chose to just ignore and that goes same to her feelings, she can feel it.. the pain.. but she chose to pretend numb and continue living. Why? Why is she keeping up something without any assurance? She knows it. Deep inside, that one day she'll feel tired and will eventually cry. Just like the old times, she'll cry for him while she wait answers to her long lived questions.

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

The old playground was always nice. Memories had always been attached into a place like it, at some point. A playground will always have this special spot to someone. A playground have always witnessed many different situations like a child falling from the swing, a family having a happy picnic day or even the flying kites but that doesn't mean that a playground will always be a happy place. Sometimes, a playground can also be the reason why someone is crying, or if someone is extremely downcasted. It can also be a place for someone who has a plan on breaking something, or a good place to have a fight. This just proofs that not everything is good or bad. This just proofs that everything has a good side and flaws and it matters on how you handle things.

 

 

Top sat at the swing and forced his feet to push his body backwards so the swing could move. Jiyong stared at him with an impassive expression.

 

 

"Talk. I thought you wanted to talk"

 

 

Jiyong glowered down kicking the dried leaves in front of him, wondering how and when to start.

 

 

"I just wanted you to know something"

 

 

The strong wind dashed around them.

 

 

"I'm getting married" Jiyong looked up to take a look at his friend.. his best friend that never looked down on him.

 

 

A lopsided smile was tugged in Top's lips before faking a choke.

 

 

"I pity you for having such life" he chuckled.

 

 

"Please treat her nice" Jiyong paused for a minute before falling his eyes into the ground "she's going to be my wife so please respect that"

 

 

Feeling disapointed, Top tried his best not to make a scene and shoved his hands into his pocket and stood up.

 

 

"I told you Ji, I don't want to hear some lies today"

 

 

Jiyong shook his head.

 

 

"For the last time, do you really love her?"

 

 

Top twisted his body to have a full view of his friend.

 

 

"Y-yes"

 

 

"Do you want to see her face first thing in the morning?"

 

 

Jiyong pushed down the lump inside his throat.

 

 

"Yes"

 

 

"Can you see your kids with her?"

 

 

He stiffed and clenched his fist while his eyes tried to find the right answer in Top's eyes.

 

 

"Y-yes"

 

 

Top smiled. "Alright then.. Congratulations!" he gave Jiyong a pat at his shoulders "but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter