Chapter 13

I'll Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Days have passed and Jiyong never changed until that day. He's still cold to her and each days that passes by Dara's string of hope was getting tugged down everytime. She tried many times to reach him but no matter how hard she tries, he would always rejects her but Dara as she is, she has no plan to give up on her feelings. Aside from the fact that her feelings will remain no matter what, she feels like something's going to happen about their relationship.

 

 

Dara widened her eyes looking at the sweating Jiyong. She covered her blushing cheeks unable to deny how hot the guy is. She was at her balcony and busy looking at the sights when she accidentally saw him doing his jog along the streets. Dara arch her brows thinking why Jiyong was doing his jog at a time like this. It's already pass 8pm and she never really saw him exercise. She leaned her elbows to the cold steel and cupped her face dreamingly at how handsome he is. 

 

 

Dara flashbacked every scenario's that they had last few days. His cold stares at her, his cold demands and questions. It's really killing her but she couldn't let go even if it's stabbing her heart hard. She sighed when he stopped running and why does she feel some butterflies alive down her stomach. Jiyong running around the busy pavement is enough for her, Jiyong living next door is a luck for her and that got her to thinking. Why? Why is he living next door? and Why does she feel like his passcode is her Birthday? 

 

 

A little smirk formed her lips before she pull herself together out of her apartment. She had always been thinking about doing this since he moved and she just wonder if this is finally the right time to end her curiosity. It will just take her a few minutes then after that ka-boom! All done!

 

 

 

She stared at his door for a minute before tilting her head and staring intently at the door while praying so hard if her instincts are right.

 

 

 

"Let's do this!" She exclaimed to cheer herself up before her hands shake in nervous.

 

 

 

"111288" 

 

 

Pa-pam!

 

 

Dara gaped and her eyes was big. His door opened and, and, and--

 

 

"It's confirmed!" she whispered to herself. 

 

 

It had finally sinked down to her brain that it was really her birthday. His passcode is her Birthday! 

 

 

 

"Yes!!" She squealed with ecstatic while slowly sliding inside his unit.

 

 

She knew it! Her instincts was telling her all along that it was her Birthday and she was right. Dara's happy face turned glazed thinking about why? Why is it her Birthday? She thought that they were just nothing and it all came out from his mouth. Is it really possible that he still cares for her? that he's still keeping his promises?

 

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAH!" She screamed jumping around like a six years old girl kid who just won a teddy bear from a shooting game.

 

 

"GUESS WHO'S THE LOSER UH-HUH, UH-HUH. I'M NOT A LOSER!!" She sings loudly feeling her sweet victory. She thought that she's a loser all along and now this happened. The overwhelming and cheeky feeling is everything to her right now. She's just genuinely happy and that pulled her out from being a loser.

 

 

*TOOOT* *TOOOT* *TOOOT* *TOOOT* *TOOOT* *TOOT*

 

 

But honestly speaking? she is a loser. 

 

 

"D-d--Miss Park?" She stood up straight freezing at her spot when she heard Jiyong's voice as he enter into his unit while wiping his sweat. Jiyong stared at her with a deadpan expression but deep inside he feels pathetic of being caught. 

 

 

"Miss Park? What are you do--"

 

 

Dara raised her pointer finger to signal him stop. Her genius brain just worked on time, she figured out that she should play angry to him because of the things that he just told her. Dara placed both of her hands to her hips and glared at him.

 

 

"What did you told me? Nothing? Nothing? And Nothing?"

 

 

She asked moving two steps forward to him and crossing her arms over her chest while eyeing him from head-to-toe. 

 

 

"Oh, man.. You are so busted!" Jiyong took a step back and avoided her glares. 

 

 

Jiyong bowed his head down when he felt cornered and helpless. He waited for he wrath but instead of shouting on him, Dara's facial expression softened while she sneakly caress her stomach.

 

 

"Do you have any food here? I'm starving as hell!" she spun her heels around and ran to his sofa to hide. She is starving but aside from that, she just couldn't look at him at that state. He's too cute for her! If you could've seen his expression, Dara dived into his cuteness right away. He's her weekness and how can she stay mad at him? 

 

 

Dara roamed her eyes along at his ceiling, staring at the super elegant chandelier while secretly praising it. She blinked her eyes to see him running around his kitchen ro prepare something nice for her and why does he looks so hot on aprons? Dara swiftly turned her head when he glanced at her.

 

 

"Did he smiled?" She asked herself. 

 

 

She was studying his unit for a couple of minutes when a pleasing smell passed her. Dara shot her feet up and immediately ran towards his kitchen. She stood beside him shyly while she watch him fry at the hot fan. Dara smiled inwardly, Jiyong looks so effin' cute. He's cooking for her and she's dreaming about what if he feeds her everyday.

 

 

She smiled looking intently at him, this is not the first time for her to see him in aprons but it feels so different. He looks more manly now compare to the old nerdy Jiyong. He looks so composed.

 

 

"What are you cooking?" she asked curiosly because the smell is disturbing her so much it makes her stomach cry. 

 

 

"Buffalo wings" He answered while checking the chicken and glancing at her.

 

 

"Buffalo wings?" She repeated though she knows what buffalo wings is.

 

 

"It's my favorite dish when I was still at the US" He said before completely straining the chicken to put it at a plate. Dara's lips forming into an 'O' shape watching him make the sauce and do some finishing touches. He removed his apron, grabbed the plate and walked towards the dining table with Dara tailing behind him looking so amazed to the dish. She just can't wait to stuff that thing into . 

 

 

She sat at one of the stools and stared at Jiyong who pushed the plate in front of her before going back to the kitchen to get some rice. Dara grabbed the chopsticks and digged into it right away. 

 

 

"Omo" She tried talking while chewing the chicken inside with her eyes in glee. 

 

 

She took another bite and another until was fully loaded, it tastes so good. She gave him her thumbs up unable to speak but Jiyong's face didn't changed. His deadpan expression is still there. 

 

 

"About ear--" Dara panicked and she stuffed some buffalo wings inside his mouth so he won't talk.

 

 

"Stop" She said pulling back her chopsticks. 

 

 

"Don't say anything. I won't believe you anymore"

 

 

Just like a child, Jiyong obeyed her. He didn't talk and just stared at her while she was eating. She feels special all of a sudden, her heart is beating fast. It was always been like this when he's around and she loves it. It's uncomparable and only him can do that to her - only him.

 

 

Dara layed her chopsticks down and burped so hard before laughing but Jiyong was still staring at her with her serious face. She's trying to make the atmosphere funny but here is his dark aura blocking it again.

 

 

"Please don't avoid me again.." she whispered unsurely.

 

 

"Dara.."

 

 

"Hmm?"

 

 

"What if I can't go back to the old Jiyong that you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter