Chapter 22

I'll Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

 

"Get back to Busan as soon as possible" I rolled my eyes and heaved a deep sigh. As I expected news can really spread like a virus. Surprisingly, Mom called me after hearing the news and she opened up how sad she is for me. She even told me that she had thought that Jiyong's different and she keeps on feeding me with her nonsense adages.

 

 

"Mom, I can't" I said in recap. I can't talk right now and I hope she knows it.

 

 

"You understand that we're just worried right? Cheondung is so upset, he's locking himself to his room"

 

 

"Mom, can I talk to you tomorrow? Thank you for worrying but I'm fine, really."

 

 

I immediately pressed the end button.

 

 

Am I really fine?

 

Staring blankly at the ceiling is not new for me but I must admit that it feels new. Maybe because I didn't paid any attention to the things around me since my world's rotating only to him. Is that my mistake and the reason why he's leaving me? I don't know what to think anymore. Is it my fault or his? I think he's just playing with me but we knew each other for so long now, can he do that? but the way he talks, his eyes and his actions. It all points that he loves me.

 

 

I hugged the nearest pillow beside me while I can hear Bom's singing so loud in my living room. She's probably worrying too much, they all are worrying too much. Taeyang have been sending me messages, Top had been constantly buying us food, Seungri throws nonesense jokes and CL never skipped to call me.

 

 

I know that I should treat people nicely but to be honest, they are not the person who I want to get worried for me. All I want is explicit, all I need is Jiyong. I don't want to think that he's leaving me for the second time around. If he's doing this because he thinks that I'll get out of his life then he's wrong. I've been here once and I'm here in the stage where he is avoiding me again so if I give up loving him it will be just a waste. I am too far enough and I have no plans on quitting. If he can't fight for me then I will.

 

 

Now, that's the positive side of me but on the other hand, if I will recall everything that happened then I would say that this is hell. Kiko's face flashing through my mind is always a bad idea and I always wanted to avoid this kind of moment. It is obvious that I'm more prettier than her but why is Jiyong sticking up with her? The mere fact that Jiyong didn't look at me was a big question to me.

 

 

We were just okay the other night but what is it this time? I am sure that I called him too and I can attract everyone at that very moment but why didn't he gave me a glance or just hear me out? Am I a ghost? Can't he see me because I'm a ghost? But Bom talked to me, TOP and Taeyang too so I am living. Shame. What I hate about Jiyong the most is this, he doesn't talk. What is his plans? Did we broke up? Or what?

 

 

"Damn it" I hissed.

 

 

Now I am lying in my bed helplessly. Jiyong was just here the other night but tonight I'm so lonely. Should I do something? What should I do?

 

 

*tok *tok

 

 

"Dara? Chanyeol wants to speak with you"

 

 

Oh great. So outside my door is the brother of the man that I love, who's crazy in love with me and he's with my unlucky girlfriend who has a big mouth outside.

 

 

I gathered all my strength and opened my door because I can't runaway forever to this guy after all. Bom insisted to go outside for a minute to buy something to eat and so it;s just me and this guy. Our last meeting didn't worked that well so I hope nothing inappropriate will happen now.

 

 

"You're not drunk? Right?"

 

 

"Huh? Uhh, no.. silly" he said and chuckled.

 

 

"I just w-want to ask you about the n-news?"

 

 

I'm not surprised that he's actually asking these.

 

 

"Oh, yeah. Don't ask me, I don't know anything"

 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

 

"Please tell your Hyung to contact me, right away.. P-please" I said almost sobbing.

 

 

What now Dara?

 

 

I looked up to prevent my tears from falling. I don't want to cry anymore but things turns really different when it's already happening, you can't just hold it in. It's hard.

 

 

"I will" Chanyeol gave me an assuring smile.

 

 

"But please don't think I will leave you just like what Hyung did. I am better than him just so you know!"

 

 

I can tell by the tone of his voice that he is joking, but what can I do? I can't laugh. Gosh someone help me please.

 

 

"Oh and please don't talk like that Dara. You are so mean to me! How can you say that stuff if you know that I like you? Aishh, you're so mean!"

 

 

"Yah! Where's your manner? You should call me Noona! I'm still older than you!"

 

 

The next morning, I had a hard time preparing for work. Besides from the fact that I hadn't sleep yet, I'm also damn nervous for today and some questions are starting to pop out of my mind.

 

 

I'm still his secretary right? That means I still have some rights to go there and I'm still related to him. Why do I feel like we broke up?! We are not breaking up!

 

 

I put on some make up very carefully and Bom's snoring sound doesn't help me. Why is she sleeping in my bed anyways? She should wake up because it's time for work! Aiyooo this girl is really something.

 

 

After reaching the parking lot, I just realized that Jiyong's car is not here and I wonder if he went to the office so early today. I used to love my car but why do I feel like I hate riding in it? probably because I'm used to ride in his car and he drives for me. I wonder if he's thinking about me just like what I'm doing right now. He is so unfair.

 

 

I never felt so lonely riding in the elevator, I miss Jiyong. He was always with me but where is he now?

 

 

I reached the office and stopped for awhile. The men-in-black suits never acted like they can see me as usuall.

 

 

I want to go home..

 

 

I'm scared, I'm scared that Jiyong might have someone in his office and I'm afraid to see him not care to me. I'm so in scared but I have to be brave because I have work and I can keep that as an excuse to see him.

 

 

I pushed the glass door and walked in his office. I scanned the whole area and felt relieved knowing that it was just him.

 

 

I can see his back while his hands remained rest inside his pocket. This is so odd, is he not busy? We still have a lot do to. I still managed to care about work and bypass my uneasy feeling. 

 

 

But you know what weird is? It's me. Why do I want to avoid what is happening now? I thought I want to clear things up? I shouldn't be acting this way.

 

 

I saw him standing up to walk where I am standing and Jiyong gently offered me a piece of paper so I immediately grabbed it. A deep furrow formed in my brow.

 

 

"Sign your resignation letter"

 

 

"What is this?" I asked puzzled to his retreating back while walk back to his table.

 

 

"Choose. Resign or Fired?"

 

 

"Just what the are you talking about?!" I asked impatiently and walked closer to him whilewaving this piece of in front of his face.

 

 

"I am a human Jiyong! You're not even explaining things to me!"

 

 

I raked my hands through my hair, my frustration is eating me up as my tears keeps on falling. I don't care, I don't care anymore. This is super unfair. 

 

 

"Please answer me because I don't understand anymore" I weakly combed my hair, crying out loud but he's not even reacting. I can't see any care from his face.

 

 

"Why are you just standing there?! You should say something to me! This is driving me crazy!"

 

 

"Resign, so it won't drive you crazy"

 

 

"What is wrong with you?!"

 

 

"Just sign that damn paper" he commanded in final.

 

 

"I CAN'T JUST IGNORE EVERYTHING THAT IS HAPPENING! WHAT'S WITH YOU AND KIKO?! I THOUGHT WE'RE OKAY? YOU EVEN VISITED MOM! WHAT'S THE PROBLEM NOW?! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS DO THIS TO ME!"

 

 

Jiyong stared at me as if I deserve neither of his time and attention. Who is this guy standing in front of me? This is not Jiyong. This guy has no emotions in his eyes but mt Jiyong's eyes always looked so gentle to me.

 

 

"Jiyong.. Please give me an answer.. "

 

 

His phone rang from the table and I am clear that the both of my eyes saw who is calling..

 

 

Kiko..

 

 

"Hello babe"

 

 

Babe? I faked a choke.

 

 

" you!" I took a step in front and slapped his face. My palms felt numb but I can s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter