Chapter 27

I'll Wait
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Where did Dara go?!" 
 

 

"Eodi??" 
 

 

"Are you sure that was Dara?" 
 

 

"Yes!"
 

 

Jongki chuckled bitterly about what the people are confused about and he slide his palms to his pocket when he heard some people running pass through their location. He faked a cough after feeling that someone might caught them. 
 

 

"Yah, that's enough. We better go" 
 

 

He grabbed the dark glasses inside Jiyong's pocket and grabbed Dara's hand away from him. Jiyong didn't reacted or protested that made Dara frown a bit.
 

 

"We will be needing this" Jongki gently placed Jiyong's glasses to her eyes and since everyone is hunting her, they need a new weapon for disquise. 
 

 

"Jacket?" he asked Jiyong calmly while hanging his palms through the air. The latter oblidge and took his jacket off. 
 

 

He will do everything...
 

 

After putting Jiyong's jacket to Dara, she was tired looking at the ground and same goes to Jiyong. Jongki scratched his nape, his smile never leaving as the usual but this is odd, he can't believe that he's seeing the famous Kwon Jiyong is being shy and all.

 

 

While walking in the middle of the crowd and blending in, he noticed Dara's silence though she seems like talking to herself while her eye brows smashed together at the middle. He opened his car door for her and she silently slid inside as if it's normal. They arrived in front of her building with an awkward silence. Dara stared at the familiar sight outside the window of a stranger's car but she noticed that everythings' uniquely odd so she demanded to ask him a question.


 

"H-How did you know Jiyong?" 
 

 

"He was my schoolmate at the US" 
 

 

He answered right away as an image of Jiyong in the first day of school flashed into his memory. Back to the days where Jiyong became the hottest asian guy in Harvard. Everyone's dream and inspiration. A guy who loves the color of black, white and gray. 
 

 

"So you are friends with him?" 
 

 

"He's.." A bitter smile drawled his lips by memories of his screams and punches.

 

 

"He's-- he saved me" slouching, he simply took a peek to Dara. 
 

 

"What?"
 

 

"W-why?" Jongki's smile vanished and he downcasted at her third question. 

 

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be insensitive" 
 

 

"My parents wanted me to be a doctor and forbid me to do anything aside from studying medicines so I always sneak out to paint outside but then they caught me. My Dad burned all my paintings and brushes, he tried to force me drink some paint too and Jiyong came out of no where and helped me. I don't know how he found out about that until now" 
 

 

"I'm sorry" she mumbled 
 

 

Jongki can't stop himself to remember how much he owe him, how Jiyong motivated him to continue painting, how Jiyong stopped him from killing himself and when he taught him how to be cool. Jiyong was like the brother that he never had and a teacher that he looks up to. Jiyong know's everything about him but he knows nothing about Jiyong until now.
 

 

"But - why did you tell that to me?" Dara stiffed a bit. 
 

 

"Because you asked me.." 
 

 

Dara frowned as she try to compose a better explanation or a question. 
 

 

"I mean, I'm a stranger.." 
 

 

"Well, someone told me that it's better to always tell the truth than lying so the other people around me can also be honest with me."

 

She nod unwillingly just to discmiss  the subject.
 

 

"So uh, are you like friends now?" 
 

 

"Maybe?  because I owe him so much.. I stick up with him. Does that makes us friends?"
 

 

She deadpanned. 
 

 

"Did he--uhmm uhh--you know, girlfriend? Back then?" 
 

 

He chuckled when he saw her red cheeks. 
 

 

"He has.. Uhm whenever some girls try to talk to him. He always tells them right away that he had a girl" 
 

 

She formed an 'O' shape in but she can't stop herself from asking more. 
 

 

"Do you know? Who she is?" 
 

 

"Her name is Sandara, Sandara Park? I'm pretty sure you know her too" 


 





 

--


 




 

Dara leaned at her door after entering in. 
 

 

What is this? 
 

 

She asked herself dumbfoundedly. Song Jongki is the great painter who painted the painting that caught her attention back at Top's exhibition. He also helped Top to make the exhibition a succes. Jongki also told her that Jiyong needs him in the meantime that's why he's just circling around the City. She tilted her head while battling things on her dead brain. Is he an enemy or a friend? She can't distuinguish him at all. He seems nice but he also seems to be mentally ill. She must agree to that because he never gave her any serious questions and that makes her worry, what if he's only making stories? She can't give him any of her trust.
 

 

Dara deadpaned to the clock. It's already 9 in the evening. After five months, someone talked about Jiyong to her again. Why does everything seems to be complicated. She can't even create any synopsis about everything that is happening. What is his purpose? What is his reasons? Why is he telling this kind of things to her? 
 

 

She flinched when she heard her door bell and frowned. 
 

 

"Must be Yeol?" 
 

 

She grabbed her door and halfed opened it. 
 

 

"Miss Dara?" A man with a black cap asked behind the door. 
 

 

"Yes?" 
 

 

"Please sign this"
 

 

She opened her door completely and the guy gave her a big package. It looks like a portrait and it is very big. She signed the paper and closed her door. 
 

 

Who on earth will send her a gift like this? It's already 9 in the evening. Would someone be even at work at this time to deliver? She fished out some scisors and unwrapped the gift. 
 

 

She gaped and amusement played in her eyes. It was Song Jongki's masterpiece. The painting that snapped her attention back at the exhibition. She turned the canvas around and saw something written in the back. 
 

 

"A gift to the love of his life" 
 

 

Is he pertaining to Jiyong? And Jiyong's love of his life was her?
 

 

Seriously?! This unexpected events is making her crazy. 
 

 

"Her name is Sandara, Sandara Park? I'm pretty sure you know her too" 
 

 

"I don't get you" She chuckled bitterly. 


 

"Then ask.. All you have to do is ask" 
 

 

A loud sigh escaped from and shooked her head. 
 

 

"I uhh, I need to rest" She opened his car's door and half run towards her unit. 
 

 

"All I have to do is ask?" she found herself repeating what he said. 
 

 

"Who exactly are you? Song Jongki?" 







 

--





 

 

Jongki whistled while walking towards Jiyong's car. He knocked at his window and winked. 
 

 

"Get in" 
 

 

"Aye aye, captain!" 
 

 

Jongki hopped into his car and stared at the man whom he considered his hero. 
 

 

"Thank you" Jiyong muttered. 
 

 

"For what?" 
 

 

"Earlier" 
 

 

Jiyong closed his eyesand his heart started beating fast at the thought of Dara. They were so close to each other earlier. They we're so close but it is wrong. 
 

 

"Thank you, too" 
 

 

The man shot his eyes to the guy beside him, his smile never stayed out of sight. This guy beside is a different guy compared to the guy that he helped. 
 

 

 

Jongki closed his book. It's already 1 am and he just finished reading the text books that his Dad took an effort to give him. He adjusted his glasses and walked towards his king sized bed. Lifting up his bed sheet, he stumbled getting his finished paintings and stared at it. His eyes sparkled happily as he hug his finished works. 
 

 

At this hour, he is pretty sure that his Dad is sleeping soundly. Since his Mom went to his Aunt, it was just him and his Dad who was left at the house. Before 10 pm his Dad knocked to his door to check if he was studying and soon left so he can take the rest but Jongki grabbed the oppurtunity to increase his work of art.

 

 

He carefully jerked his paint brushes and poster pai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter