Chapter 18

Jungkook's Personal Stylist

I finally walk out of the mall lugging my six bags with me, I sigh as I figure out where the bus stop is, I look at my watch and see that it is 5 pm, “well I better find the bus stop.”

 

“Oh, there it is,” I say cheerfully and make my way down to the bus stop. As I see the bus I realize It is driving off. “What, wait!” I yell after it as I try to run the fastest I can.

 

The bus fully drives off and I get there puffing as I watch it drive away. “I gotta find the next bus now…”

 

A lady walks past and looks at me. “Dear that was the last bus…” She says to me.

 

I gawk at her and sigh. “What do I do now… thank you anyway.” I bow to her and go sit on the chair near me.

 

I think about what to do and the only thing I can think of is to call Jungkook…. “No, I can’t we aren’t supposed to be seen besides work… and Jamie could be lurking… I guess I will call Jimin.

 

I pull out my phone and type in Jimin’s number before calling.

 

The phone answers straight away, “Hey Jin-hee” Jungkook’s voice speaks.

 

“Um, where is Jimin?” I ask hoping he doesn’t ask why.

 

“He is in the shower, he just got in, do you need help?” Jungkook asks.

 

“The last bus left the mall and I missed it… and I know we aren’t supposed to be seen together but could you come get me? Please”

 

I hear Jungkook go quiet before responding. “Yeah, I will be there soon.” Jungkook hangs up.

 

I sigh and put my phone away. “This will be interesting…” I sit there waiting now for Jungkook to arrive.

 


 

About 10 minutes later I see a car driving along slowly as it stops in front of me, I look and see Jungkook inside, I know he won’t wind the windows down as he could be seen, I stand up having a hard time dragging the bags.

 

Jungkook hops out and runs over, “Let me help.” He grabs my bags and walks to the back seat.

 

“You didn’t have to get out, what if people see?” I ask worriedly.

 

“I wasn’t going to let you struggle, I am nice like that.” Jungkook winks and we both hop in.

 

The whole ride was so quiet we said nothing, I wasn’t sure what to say to him and I think he was thinking the same.

 

“Um so do you know why Jimin is being cold to me?” I ask.

 

Jungkook looks at me like he has no idea what is going on. “Jimin is being cold to you?”

 

I nod thinking he knew. “Yeah… yesterday I said hey to him and he just walked past me coldly…” I say.

 

“Jimin hasn’t appeared that way to me, talk to him when we get back to the dorm,” Jungkook says and continues driving.

 

I look back to the front and think about what to say to Jimin.

 

We arrive in the carpark under the apartments, we both hop out and Jungkook grabs my bags.

 

“I can take them you know,” I say going to grab them but he yanks them away.

 

“Nope, I am going to carry them so deal with it.” Jungkook pokes his tongue out at me and laughs.

 

“Stop your cheekiness mister.” I wiggle my nose at him as we make our way inside.

 

We take the elevator since the bags would be too much work walking, even though Jungkook insisted.

 

We arrive at my level first so I can drop my bags off, I walk down the hall and arrive at my door with Jungkook following me obviously sweating, I try not to laugh and press my code in.

 

I open the door and let Jungkook go in first so he can drop the bags, I watch as he collapses on the floor.

 

“I told you I could help.” I shake my head and chuckle.

 

“I’m…fine…” He says in between breaths.

 

I sigh and shake my head. “Sure, you are, now let’s go Usain bolt.” I tease and Jungkook walks out as we make our way to the stairs and walk up.

 

Once we arrive at bangtan's floor I follow Jungkook to their door, he types in their password also and opens it letting me walk in first.

 

“Jin-hee hey!” Jhope runs over hugging me.

 

“Hey, Jhope!” I grin and hug him back.

 

“What brings you here? Why did you come with Jungkook?” J-hope asks.

 

“I got stuck at the mall…. He came and picked me up and I have to talk to Jimin too.” I look and see Jimin is sitting on the couch.

 

“Me?” He says sitting up and now standing.

 

“Yeah, can we talk outside please?” I ask pointing to the door.

 

“Uh sure.” Jimin walks to the door as I open it as we both walks outside.

 

Once the door is closed I turn to him folding my arms. “Why were you so cold to me yesterday?”

Jimin looks at me and sighs. “I didn’t mean to… I am sorry if I did it was unintentional…” Jimin apologizes.

 

“Well don’t do it again… I can actually talk to you as you’re not in this scandal…” I sigh.

 

Jimin looks at me like he has something to say. “What is it Jimin?”

 

“What do you think of Jungkook?” Jimin asks.

 

“In what context?” I ask him.

 

Jimin looks at me before speaking. “Like as a boyfriend.” He says and it looks like he is uncomfortable.

 

“I have never thought about him that way, he is my friend and I am his stylist,” I say.

 

“Oh okay, well that is good because you shouldn’t ever like an idol,” Jimin says so convincingly.

 

“I would never… I love my job too much Jimin you know that.” I say.

 

“Yeah, I do Jin-hee… you should go home now.” Jimin says walking to the door.

 

“Yeah, goodnight Jimin,” I say and walk off down the stairs to my floor. Once I am gone Jimin walks into the dorm.

 

- Jimin’s Pov –

 

As I close the door I see Jungkook waiting for me on the couch.

 

“Hey dude what is up?” I say and walk over and sit next to him on the couch.

 

“I want to talk about Jin-hee.” Jungkook looks at me.

 

“OH what about Jin-hee?” I say not sure what he means.

 

“Were you being cold to her today?” Jungkook asks.

 

“NO… I mean I never meant to I was just… it was not intentional.” I defend myself.

 

“Oh, okay good well I am happy, I just hope this scandal will go away soon.” Jungkook sighs.

 

“You like her that much huh?” I say trying not to show my true feelings.

 

“I really do… she makes me happy and I hope she feels the same way some day.” Jungkook fiddles with his fingers.

 

“What if she does?” I look at him. I know I shouldn’t be doing this but maybe when she rejects him he will give up on her.

 

“She wouldn’t like me… I don’t see it.” He says looking at me now.

 

“I feel like she does, she even called you drunk saying she missed you… I think you should tell her how you feel.” I say.

 

Jungkook looks at me. “But, weren’t you the one who told me not to date my stylist?” He says.

 

“I did, but that was before I realized how much you liked her man…” I try to think of things to convince him.

 

“Yeah… maybe you’re right… dude I’m going to do it.” Jungkook stands up.

 

“You can do it, dude, ask her to meet you up on the rooftop, all alone.” I hype him up.

 

“Okay, good idea, thank you Jimin for helping me.” Jungkook smiles and runs off into his room.

 

I sigh and realize what I did, “No turning back now.” I sit back on the couch and turn on the TV.

 

- End of Pov –

 

I quickly made some ramen since I didn’t buy any groceries this week, I sit at my little table and turn the TV on and see music bank come on.

 

As I am watching TV I hear my phone go off, I put my chopsticks down and go to the kitchen bench where my phone is placed.

 

‘Hey, can you come up to the rooftop I need to ask you something.’ – Jungkook.

 

I tilt my head at my phone and wonder why he wants to meet.

 

‘Okay coming up now.’ I reply and leave my apartment straight away heading to the elevator.

 

I press the button as I wait for it to come down and open, once it does I step in and press on level 9.

 

I wait as the elevator ascends to the 9th floor. Once I am there I hop out and look to my right to see the stairs heading up the rooftop.

 

I make my way slowly towards them as I am not sure what he is going to ask me.

 

I am now on the rooftop, Jungkook is straight ahead of me, I make my way up to him.

 

“Hey, you wanted to ask me something?” I look at him.

 

“Uh… yeah, I did, well um about that, I just want to say that I like you… and I was hoping you felt the same?”

 

As he says that I freeze when I realize what he said. “You like me?” I say confused.

 

“Yeah I like you, I have since that trip… and I thought you did too?” He says.

 

“Jungkook I… I am sorry but I only see you as a friend… and a work colleague.” I say trying to calm my heart.

 

“Oh… but…. Wow, I such an idiot.” He says upset.

 

“Hey… you are not, we are still friends, I am flattered you like me but I can’t date someone… especially an idol… we would be in so much trouble and the scandal already.” I look at him.

 

“Well, you are right… I don’t know why Jimin thought you liked me too… Well, at least I told you and not kept it bottled.” Jungkook says sighing.

 

“Yeah… nothing will change between us, but I think we can at least hang out secretly friend.” I grin.

 

Jungkook smiles a bit and nods. “Come on we should go back now,” Jungkook says.

 

I nod and we both walk towards the stairs, when we are next to it I feel Jungkook turn me around and push me up against the wall.

 

“Jungkook what…” I stop speaking as he places his hand next to my head so his arm is blocking my way to the stairs.

 

“I have wanted to tell you my feelings for ages and now you know it shouldn’t be hard for me to win you now.” Jungkook’s face inches close to mine.

 

I feel him grab my other hand and lift it up so I see it, he then entwines out hands together and as I look back at him I feel my heart race.

 

“Uh… Jungkook I need to go to the uh toilet…” I say not breaking eye contact.

 

“There isn’t a toilet up here.” He half chuckles.

 

I gulp before speaking, “Oh… uh well, I should go back to mine then.” I take my hand from his and duck under his arm before racing down the stairs and to the elevator.

 

I hear him coming so I quickly get in and press my floor before Jungkook can get in, it closes and I feel my heart burst from freaking out.

 

“Why did he do that… why is he being so different…” I hold a hand over my heart and lean against the wall.

 

I hear the elevator ding and I see it is my floor, I quickly fast walk to my door pressing in my password and walking in closing my door as fast as possible.

 

“I need to sleep,” I say and go lay on my bed trying to forget what happened.