Chapter 16

Jungkook's Personal Stylist

~ a week later ~

 

I tried my best just to act normal and be professional at work and I could see Jungkook knew something was wrong. I had gotten another threatening message from Jamie and I knew this would make me look more suspicious to Jungkook if he knew why I was about to say this.

 

“Hey, Jin-hee can we talk?” Jungkook walks over to me.

 

“Sorry, Jungkook but I am busy and we are at work.” I look at him.

 

“Why the sudden change? It didn’t matter before when we hung out…” Jungkook looks at me worried.

 

“I just don’t want you to be in any more trouble because of me, and this scandal, I want to keep my job Jungkook, you are still my friend but I need to focus on my career.” I bow and leave the room.

 

I stop outside the door and lean against the door, I hated saying that but he needs to know I need this job and if this scandal doesn’t go away I am done for….  

 

I check the time to see it is only 2 pm, I start to walk down the hall to leave the building when Eun-bin runs up to me.

 

“Jin-hee, the manager had asked me to clean the dance practice rooms but I need to uh go pick up my son, can you please do them for me?” She looks at me with pleading eyes.

 

“Yeah, don’t worry go get your son I’ll do it.” I smile at her.

 

“Thank you so much!” Eun-bin bows and runs off. “Yes, I passed it off.” She says to herself.

 

I sigh as I realize now I must clean myself. I head off towards the rooms. Once I get there I open the first door to see the whole room is completely trashed.

 

“Why is it so messy?” I gawk and realize I am in for a long night.

 


 

4 hours later I had finished cleaning all 4 practice rooms. I felt so tired and exhausted and wanting to sleep was my one option right now.

 

I grab my bag and trudge out of the building saying a soft goodbye to the girl at the front desk, I sigh as I finally breathe the fresh air, “Why is this job so hard…” I whine.

 

As I walk towards my apartment I turn my head and see a bar across the street, I stand there for a moment and think. I don’t even bother and just head straight over, I am too tired to care and everything is so stressful and I just need to unwind.

 

I open the door and notice not many people are here, which is good for me I suppose.

 

“give me 4 vodka shots,” I call out to the bartender who nods at me. I sit down and quietly wait as the guy brings them over.

 

I sigh before gulping one down, I make a sound with my throat as I feel the effect of it, “Time to down another.” I gulp the other one down doing the same.

 


 

An hour later I had my 7th shot, I was now drunk and not sure what I was doing. “Jungkoooook” I sing to myself.

 

I grab out my phone and try to unlock it without dropping it, I somehow unlock it and type I Jungkook’s number barely as I press call.

 

- Jungkook’s Pov –

 

I sit down on my bed about to go to sleep when I hear my ringtone. I grab it from my bedside table as I look at the caller ID.

 

“Jin-hee? How did she get my number?” I gulp before answering. “Jin-hee why are you calling me.”

 

“My thing kookieeeee.” Jin-hee slurs her words.

 

“Are you drunk Jin-hee?” I say worried.

 

“I am but don’t worry young warrior…” she giggles.

 

“I will come and get you, where are you?” I say about to get up.

 

“Jungkook ah…” her voice sounds sincere now. “I miss you… I wish I could see you…. Like that time… uh when we hung out, I am lonely… I did this so I could focus on worrrrrrrk but….” She stops.

 

I feel my heart race as I hear her say those words, I realize she stopped talking.

 

“Jin-hee?” I say into the phone.

 

“Oops, I fell asleep, hehe this bar is nice.” She giggles.

 

“I will come to get you now.:” I end the call and rush out of my room to see Jimin.

 

“Hey, where are you rushing too?” Jimin looks up at me.

 

“Jin-hee is drunk and at a bar, I am going to go take her home.” I grab my jacket.

 

“Why do you bother so much about her Jungkook?” Jimin says.

 

“She is my friend as my stylist, I look out for her,” I rush out the door.

 

I make my way down the stairs as I don’t bother taking the elevator. I realize I don’t actually know which pub she is at

 

“There is one right across the street, she wouldn’t have gone anywhere else…” I sigh and make my way outside, I see the pub across the street, I walk closer to the end of the sidewalk when I realize.

 

I am not even supposed to be out here… people cannot see her and me together and she clearly said she needed her job.

 

“I cannot leave her alone, she has no one to call and no friends except us, oh well I’d rather risk being seen than her alone.” I rush across the street when there are no cars coming.

 

I reach the door to the pub and open it quickly, I close it behind me and look around seeing only a few people.

 

“Jin-hee?” I look around, I look straight to the bar and see a girl laying her head on the bench with shot glasses around her.

 

I sigh and walk over to see she Is asleep. “Are you her guardian?” The bartender walks over to me.

 

I see he can tell who I am, “She is my stylist I will take her.” I bow to him.

 

“Yes take her now, she has been like this for an hour after she drank so much.” He says not impressed.

 

I sigh and sit next to her. “Jin-hee it is time to go,” I say not sure what to say.


“mmmm, go away mum….” She murmurs and moves. I move the hair covering her face as I can now see her face.

 

“I am going to take you home.” I lift her up as she is smiling at me.

 

“Oh heyyyyyyyyyyyy, I missed you.” She giggles.

 

“Come on now,” I turn and lift her onto my back and walk outside.

 

“Thank you.” She says softly. I feel my heart race again and I try to keep cool.

 

“I got to look after my stylist,” I say and smile softly as we cross the road.

 

Once we get inside the apartments I sigh a relief as we made it inside.

 

“You know, I never really had friends… I came here to start again and all this, I don’t want to lose it, you as my friend, Jimin as my friend, and my job… I am sorry if me being distant because of this hurts you..” She says softly.

 

“No I understand Jin-hee, but I will make sure this goes away and that you keep your job, you are my friend too and I will protect you,” I say

 

“mmmm” she falls asleep on my back. I chuckle and continue walking up the stairs.

 

“I will continue to be there for you Jin-hee and I hope you will continue to let me, I care for you and I will protect you,” I say as I know she won’t hear me. “I hope to say this to you and you feel the same one day.”

 

I stop outside her door, “Well this I do not know her passcode…” I know I won’t be able to get her password, and I don’t want to wake her up.

 

“I guess you will just have to sleep in our dorm.” I turn around and make my way to the stairs, I climb up them to the floor above.

 

I take a breath as I slowly walk up. “Gosh, you are not heavy but I am so tired already…” I puff as I slowly make my way to the top.

 

I take another slow breath before walking to the door, “Jimin let me in.” I knock on the door and shout softly.

 

I wait until I hear the door click and Jimin opening the door. “Why do you have her?” Jimin asks.

 

“She was drunk, and fell asleep so I couldn’t get her to open the door so she will sleep here till morning.” I walk inside her still on my back.

 

“Where is she going to sleep?” Jimin asks.

 

“I will put her in my bed and I’ll sleep on the couch.” I take Jin-hee inside my bedroom and place her down.

 

She curls up into a ball as I place a blanket over her, I sigh as I kneel in front. I look to my door and see no one in sight. I lean over her and kiss her forehead before leaving.

 

“So, are you going to tell me what happened?” Jimin asks me.

 

“She was drunk at the pub across the street, all this stress from the work and that stupid scandal must have made her want to drink, but the thing is she rang me and said she missed seeing me… and hanging out… I hate that I am putting her through this.

 

“Well, I guess all we can do is hope this scandal dies down and no one else puts anything out there that can jeopardize her job.” Jimin walks into his room.

 

I sigh and sit on the couch, I grab the blanket and pillow at the end and place them so I am comfy. I turn off the lamp and lay there thinking for a moment.

 

“I hope one day I can tell her how I feel…” I smile softly and close my eyes before falling asleep.

 

- End of Pov –