Because You're Blonde

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Because You're Blonde

Hair Color Matters

 

 

Going to school early is _____’s thing. Not because she loves school, but because she’s able to sleep peacefully without the voice of her mother reprimanding her early in the morning. Nobody was inside their classroom except her. _____ smiled with satisfaction, not until someone came in and disturbed her peaceful nap. 

 

“______! Good Morning!” The loud voice of the girl turned her smile upside down, and she felt the chair beside her move. This is going to be a long day.

 

As _____ opened her eyes, a smile so wide greeted her, but she wasn’t in the mood to do the same. “What do you want? And why are you so early?” 

 

“I just want to see you.” Lisa’s smile never left her face. It made _____ wonder why the girl is always optimistic. She couldn’t understand how someone can be happy and hyper all the time. 

 

_____ took note not to come this early at school or else she’ll be stuck with Lisa for an hour. She stared at her for a couple of seconds before resting her head on the table and closing her eyes. Her head was facing sidewards, in Lisa’s direction. 

The latter copied the action, facing _____.

 

The unusual silence coming from the girl beside her made her a little bit worried that something happened to Lisa. She opened her eyes, only to see Lisa looking at her, smiling. “What are you doing?” She asked, irritation evident on her voice. _____ hated it when Lisa looks at her like that, she feels like she almost let her guard down.

 

“I told you I came early to see you.” Lisa doesn’t know when she started liking _____. She just felt slowly being attracted to her, that she would always look at where _____ is. She would always look for _____ around their classroom, at the cafeteria and at the gym. ______ talking to her sends butterflies in her stomach, and she couldn’t stop smiling whenever she sees _____. 

 

“Why are you even doing these things? Don’t you get tired?” _____ was honestly the one feeling tired for Lisa. If it was her, she would’ve given up the first time of being rejected, but Lisa wasn’t like her.

 

“Even though I’ve said it about a million times already, I like you. You know, I’m always tired, but I’ll never get tired of you.” Times like this makes _____ think about letting Lisa in her heart. There were countless of times that _____ almost say she likes Lisa too, but her mind was stronger, she didn’t want to get hurt again. It was always a war between her heart and mind whenever Lisa is around.

 

“And I’ve said it a million times already, I don’t like you. When will you give up?” 

 

Lisa is lying if she says she isn’t hurt with what _____ said, but she just let it go, knowing that one day, hopefully one day, _____ might open her heart for her.

 

No matter how many times she reject Lisa, the girl just seems to be more persistent. She thought that if she reject her and say things that may hurt Lisa, the latter will eventually give up, but no, Lisa still keeps on bugging her and doesn’t show any signs that she’ll stop soon.

 

“Give up? I don’t know what give up means.” The determination still hasn’t left Lisa. She, herself, is surprised how she became too persistent, She was never like this on her past crushes. Lisa would usually get over her crush easily and have another one, but this time, she felt like something is different.

 

_____ just let the girl be, cause if she don’t, she’ll just get tired of rejecting her.

It was lunch time when Lisa showed up again. The latter couldn’t talk to her since their seats were far from each other, much to Lisa’s distaste. 

 

“Hi _____. Hi Jennie.” The wide grin on Lisa’s face made _____’s friend, Jennie, smile back. The two friends, having to finish getting their food, was on their way to find a table.

 

Lisa looked directly into _____, looking serious, which you don’t get to see that often. “I have something to tell you.” 

 

“What?” She wondered what the blonde girl has to say that she sounded so serious about it.

 

“Sometimes, the person that you’re looking for is standing right in front of you. That’s me, if you’re wondering.” 

 

 

No one spoke for a couple of second, but _____ was restraining herself from smiling because of the randomness of Lisa. She really doesn’t get what goes to Lisa’s mind. The girl is just too random.

 

“You smiled!” Lisa pointed out, extremely happy that she was able to make her crush smile. She’ll always be ready to do the weirdest things just to make _____ smile.

 

“Shut up.” _____ had her poker face on, and left to find a table, with Jennie trailing behind, not forgetting to whisper something to Lisa, “I like you. Don’t worry, just continue what you’re doing and you’ll get a yes from her.” Jennie tapped Lisa’s shoulder, her words giving Lisa hope.

 

“Her best friend even approves of me. I can do this! I can do this until she says Yes to me.” Lisa smiled proudly at herself, she felt that somehow she made a progress.

 

 

“You like her don’t you?” Jennie wiggled her eyebrows. She knew her best friend in and out, that’s why she’s certain that _____ do have feelings for Lisa.

 

_____ gave her a weird look. “No, I don’t. She’s irritating.” She just couldn’t bring herself to admit that sh actually do have feeling for Lisa.

 

“Oh come on, _____. Stop denying it. The wounds of your heart is already healed from what I’ve observed. I think you should try opening your heart once again.” Jennie had been there when _____ had he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter