Strawberry Juice

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Strawberry Juice

A halloween special

 

Two minutes. There’s about two minutes left before the final bell ring or perhaps, two minutes before the death of her. Y/N ran as fast as she could, taking two treads at a time. She really wouldn’t have ran if she was already late, but there’s still one and a half minute left and she’s sure she can make it in class right on time. Unless, of course, if something inevitable happens. 

 

Being clumsy was Y/N’s second nature. Nobody even gets surprised whenever she trips or something, but of course, regardless of how much she knew that she was one hell of a clumsy person, she couldn’t help but shriek when she suddenly lost balance and her whole body started leaning backwards. She felt everything slow down and all she could hear was how fast her heart is beating. She closed her eyes and waited for her head to hit the cold hard floor but… nothing. Slowly, Y/N opened her eyes and the numbness was replaced with cold arms wrapped around her. Before she can even say anything the person, her savior, steadied her and walked past her as if nothing happened. 

 

“Jennie Kim?” Y/N tilted her head, staring at the retreating figure. “How did she—I was sure I saw her ahead of me earlier…” She blinked a couple of times, trying to process whatever happened. At this point, she took her time thinking how Jennie caught her from the back, when she was walking ahead of her earlier. Y/N didn’t really care if she took her time since she was already late anyway. But still, she couldn’t take off her mind of what had happen.

 

Then came lunch time, where all kinds of student fill up the largely spaced canteen that serves edible food unlike other schools, thankfully. It was getting rowdy, just like the usual. Especially when the school’s basketball team thinks that the canteen is a basketball court. Unfortunately for Y/N and Lisa, they have to endure the noise since their table was next to the oh so playful boys. 

 

“Geez, all they do is play basketball.” Lisa rolled her eyes as she watched the boys toss the ball around.

 

As if she couldn’t get any more unlucky, the moment Y/N glanced to her right, a ball was about to smash right into her face and ruin her pearl white teeth. She couldn’t even bring herself to close her eyes as she watched the ball going straight to her in slow motion. 

 

A hand catching it inches away from her face allowed her to release the breath she didn’t know she was holding. She breathe heavily, blinking fast. Y/N watched as Jennie threw the basketball back to the guys, with a force that almost made the guy fall off from the chair when he caught it. It’s the second time Jennie had saved her from the accidents waiting to happen. 

 

Y/N was going to thank her but Jennie was already walking away, hand in her pocket, like, again, nothing happened. 

 

“Dude, she’s ing strong. And where the hell did she come from? Is it just me or did she suddenly pop out of nowhere?” The guy who caught the basketball stared at Jennie’s back like she’s some kind of a witch. 

 

“Wow,” Lisa mumbled once she got over what had happened. “Did you see that?! Jennie Kim just saved you!” She clapped like she was watching her favourite movie. Actually, she finds whatever happened more interesting than her favourite movie.

“Yeah, she also caught me earlier. I almost fell on the stairs.”

 

The new information intrigued Lisa. “Really?! Oh my god. Maybe she likes you?”

 

“What?! That’s ridiculous. Have you ever seen her show any emotion? She’s so cold, literally or not, either way works. I’m just thankful that I haven’t died yet. This day is cursed.” Y/N shook her head and drank her coffee, trying to not think too much about it. 

 

However, things didn’t quite go well as she planned. She wasn’t supposed to think of Jennie or put a meaning to any of what happened that day, but it didn’t end that day. After that, every time she gets in trouble, Jennie was there to save her. She crossed the road, almost got hit by a motorcycle if Jennie wasn’t there to pull her. Jennie appears whenever she was in danger or something like that. She suddenly pops up out of nowhere.

 

It weirded her out, how Jennie would always ‘happen’ to save her from everything. It was a mystery. But then again, Jennie Kim had always been a mystery to everyone in the school. No one have seen her parents, said she lived alone, no friends, no boyfriend either. Y/N thought that with her looks and brains, Jennie could’ve easily been the school’s queenka, but the thing is, she doesn’t seem to be interested at all. She doesn’t even talk to anyone as far as Y/N knows.

 

Her curiosity made her walk towards Jennie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter