Bonnie and Clyde

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another one shot to add to my collection 

bless this holy picture

Bonnie and Clyde

My love is on fire

 

Everyone had been given a hard punch in the face by what we call life. Some are given a huge blow once and then the rest are just jabs, but there are also some who receives continuous hard punches until their body gives up, until one can’t fight back anymore.

 

Jennie thought of the ways she would die. If she took a lot of pills, there’s a high chance that her sister will see her and bring her to the hospital. If she slit her wrist, there’s also a possibility that she wouldn’t die right away. If she hanged herself, her sister will freak out big time, and she doesn’t want that. But if she jumps off the building, she’s sure that there’s no way she’ll make it after that. 

 

And so there she was, staring at the night sky, standing at the parapet of a 12 storey high building, taking in slow and deep breaths, blocking her mind with useless thought as to not to delay her jumping anymore. 

 

“I should probably go head first to make sure.”

 

She’s about to leave the world with regret, and that’s what Jennie hated the most. She wasn’t able to live like normal girls at her age have, she wasn’t able to give her sister a proper life, and most of all, she wasn’t able to experience being loved and to love unconditionally. It was her deepest regret, but she wasn’t going to let those stop her from saying goodbye to the ruthless pit of hell she’s living in, but a shriek did.

 

Momentarily, Jennie glanced at her back before looking straight ahead again. 

 

Check it out. You’re curious right? Someone seemed to whisper to her but Jennie covered her ears. However, the voice inside her is getting louder and irritating. I know you’re curious. Just get your feet down and check it, then you can jump after.

 

Jennie has a habit of being nosy, although most of the times she ignores that trait of her. Curiosity led her to get down the parapet and follow where she heard the voice. 

Not too far from where she stood, Jennie saw the back of a guy, who was standing with his wobbly legs. 

 

As quiet as a mouse, Jennie went closer and watched as the scene unfold before her.

 

 

“D—do-n’t come near me. I’m… going to call the police!” _____ stuttered as she walked backwards, her back eventually hitting the wall. There was no way out. Her mind was about to go blank once she saw the drunk man going near her as seconds pass. 

 

Technology just had to be useless at times like this. Her phone had died and she found herself hopeless and weak.

 

She regret staying at the library late at night. She regret insisting on walking when her friend offered her a ride. She regret going up the abandoned building, thinking the drunkard wouldn’t be able to follow her. 

 

The man stood in front of her, a smirk displayed on his lips as he touched _____’s hair, softly and creepily. “Looks like tonight will be fun.”

 

_____’s lips trembled in fear, she shut her eyes tightly and prepared herself for what was about to come. However, her eyes shot open when her hand made contact with a cold steel pipe at her right.

 

Not wasting anymore time and give the man the fun night he was talking about, _____ took the metal pipe, pushed the drunkard away from her, then swung it as hard as she can. _____ stumbled right after, seeing the man laying back face. 

Fear rushed through her nerves as she let go of the metal. ______ flipped the man around and saw the damaged she caused to the man’s head. The blood continued to flow out of his head, while fear continued to flow through her veins.

 

_____ sat and observed the man, wondered how hard did she possibly hit him that he died in a single swing. She stared at the dead body in front of her and slowly calmed her mind. 

 

Nobody would’ve been calm if s/he just killed a person, but strangely enough, instead of her hands trembling and her sweat falling, she felt a sense of relief and somehow, she likened herself to a bird successfully escaping its cage. She felt good. She felt free. As weird and creepy as it may seem.

 

Deciding she should leave and figure out a way to live with what she had done, ______ stood up and picked up her bag, walking off the crime scene. 

 

“You’re…Strange.” 

 

A voice of a girl stopped _____ from her tracks, suddenly frozen.

 

“No need to run, I won’t report you.” The voice grew louder as ____ felt the girl was standing behind her. 

 

She turned around slowly and met a dark brown eyes, staring right at her soul. 

 

“Why won’t you?” _____ asked, surprising herself from how stable her voice is. She was scared for a second that the girl might have witnessed what she did and send her to prison, but right at the moment when she connected eyes with the girl, her heart felt at ease, as weird as it felt for her.

 

“Just because.” 

 

“You won’t turn a criminal in, just because? You’re being unreasonable.” ______ crossed her arms.

 

“Why, do you want me to turn you in?” The girl asked with a smirk, pulling out her phone. “Then I’ll call the police.”

 

“No! Don’t.” In panic, _____ quickly snatched the girl’s phone.

 

“Okay, Okay, I won’t.” 

 

_____ gave back the phone and started to walk away, only to be grabbed on her arm.

 

“Hold on. Don’t tell me you’re going home looking like that?” The girl looked her from head to toe. Blood stains were evident on both of her hands and at her white school uniform.

 

“I won’t be going home. I’ll just wash my hands and find a way to get rid of the stain somehow.” _____ pulled her arm lightly, before turning around once again to go down the building.

 

“I’ll take you to my house then. Follow me.” The girl offered, more like demanded, walking ahead of _____, who contemplated whether she should follow the stranger. She doesn’t look like she’ll kill me or something…

 

“I’m Jennie by the way. Jen or Jennie, any name will do.” Jennie introduced herself as they went down the stairs from the 12th floor. It sure is tiring. 

 

Not hearing a word from the girl behind her, Jennie stopped walking and looked back at the other girl. “Your name?”

“Oh. _____.” 

 

“______.” Jennie nodded, letting the name linger on her lips. 

 

 

“Wear this.” A helmet was given to ______, which she accepts hesitantly. She haven’t tried riding in a motorcycle, especially a dangerous looking one.

 

But her mind drifted from the motorcycle, to the girl in front of her. Now that there was proper light coming from the street lamp, _____ could now see Jennie clearly. The latter had long brown hair that flawlessly cascaded down her back and her eyes were a deep pool of chocolate that one can be lost in. She was dressed in a complete black outfit, with her leather jacket that complemented her fierce yet gentle eyes. 

 

“What? Aren’t you going to wear it?” Jennie sighed, bringing back ____ from her train of thoughts that already reached the other country. 

 

Taking the helmet from the stiff figure, Jennie placed it herself and buckled the chin strap with her slightly shaking fingers. 

 

Jennie let out a breath that she didn’t notice she was holding in, before pulling _____ to sit at her motorcycle. 

 

“Wait.” She stepped out of the motorcycle and took off her jacket, giving it to _____. “Take off your blazer and use this instead. There’s too much blood.” 

 

_____ thanked her and did as she was told. She was also instructed to hold on tight on Jennie’s waist as to not to fall, although she would’ve done it even if she wasn’t told to. Who knows if the girl is a reckless driver?

 

 

The concept of love at first sight, and even the phrase itself is total bull to Jennie. She believed that it’s impossible to love someone if you don’t know him/her. It isn’t called love, she says, it’s merely an attraction to the person’s physical appearance.

 

But as the girl behind her encircle her arms around her waist, her perception of falling in love at first sight changed drastically. _____ not knowingly prevented her from jumping into an endless pit of regret and wistfulness. Maybe this girl can replace the feeling of regret she had when she was standing at the top of the building. Maybe, hopefully.

 

“I thought I wouldn’t be able to step down this motorcycle alive.” _____ stated in exaggeration as she unbuckle the chin strap, handling the helmet to the owner, who was chuckling.

 

They stood in front of what seems like an abandoned building. No paints, several windows shattered, and boxes with random things piled just in front. ______ wondered if this was really the ‘home’ Jennie was referring to.

 

She followed closely behind the other girl who opened the door, which doesn’t have any passcode or anything for security purposes, except the door knob, which wasn’t even locked.

 

The sight once _____ walked in the door is what she described as beauty inside. Just like how an ugly person can be beautiful inside. The interior wasn’t anything extravagant, but it’ll leave you at awe after having very low expectations because of the exterior of the building. Just like what they say, don’t judge the book by its cover.

 

“Unnie. You’re back.” A tall, energetic blonde girl came to greet Jennie. She then looked curiously, but still with a huge smile on her face, at the girl behind Jennie. 

 

“Lisa, this is _____, a…friend?” Jennie glanced back, as if confirming if they were friends. “_____, this is Lisa, she’s like, my little sister.” 

 

Lisa went closer to _____, enjoying having a guest, which happens once in a blue moon. 

 

“Hi! Unnie?” The uniform made Lisa think twice whether _____ is older than her, however since she’s a ‘friend’ of Jennie, it must mean that she’s older.

 

Lisa’s friendliness made is easier for _____ to feel comfortable and even throw a smile back. “I’m 19, turning 20 this year. You?”

 

“You’re my unnie, then. I just turned 18.” Although Lisa wanted to have a same aged friend, she didn’t mind having two older sisters. She ushered ______ to sit down at their couch and watch with her, only to be stopped by Jennie. 

 

“The bathroom is there.” Jennie pointed at a wooden door near the kitchen. “Clean up. I’ll prepare you some clothes.” She then went to her room to look for clothes that may fit the other girl.

 

That was only when Lisa noticed the blood on _____’s hands, which ______ herself had already forgotten about. 

 

“Oh my god! What happened, Unnie?!” Lisa gasped, worried that _____ has some kind of injury.

 

“I’ll tell you.” Jennie intervened before _____ can even open . “Here’s your clothes. The underwear was given to me and I haven’t used it yet, you can have it.” Jennie handed the folded garments to ______, who thankfully accepted them, and made her way to the bathroom. 

 

The three were gathered at the sofa. At first, ______ feared that Lisa would be scared of her and avoid her, however, the younger one wasn’t the slightest bit affected after hearing what had happened, after all, she was already used to those kind of events.

 

“I’ll bring you to your home tomorrow morning, or maybe afternoon, incase I wake up late.” Jennie shrugged, already feeling lonely just by the thought of her newly found ‘friend’ leaving. She wondered why she easily gets attached to people, selected people.

 

______ fidgeted with the hem of her shirt. “Can I just stay here?”

 

“I’m sure your parents are already worried.” As much as Jennie wanted her to stay, she doesn’t want to be selfish, yet.

 

“After what I have done, I won’t be able to go back there.”

 

“Well, if you wan—-“

 

Lisa cut her older sister off. “Yes! You can, unnie! Just stay here with us. Jennie Unnie is too boring.” She tugged _____’s shirt, beaming at the older girl, while she ignores the whines of Jennie.

 

 

“What should we eat?” Jennie asked once the two settled down. She had been too excited by the new company that she forgot that her stomach was already growling.

 

“Let’s just order some food.” Lisa suggested.

A groan escaped Jennie’s lips once she opened her wallet. “Ugh. I’m low on cash.” “I’ll just go get some.” She stood up and prepared her things.

 

“Where’s she going?” _____ followed Jennie with her eyes.

 

“Out to rob some shop for money.” The casualty on Lisa’s voice left _____ speechless for a second.

 

______ knew at once that Jennie wasn’t just an ordinary girl, she already had a hunch that Jennie was in some kind of business or something like that. 

 

“Jennie,” _____ called. “Can I come?”

 

The said girl turned around. “Huh?”

 

“Steal some money?” _____ shrugged.

 

“I don’t think you should come. You don’t look like someone who steals.”

 

“I’m a criminal remember? Please?” 

 

“Are you sure you want to?” Jennie asked. She didn’t want _____ to do something that she’ll regret later on, although she knew that _____ already made something that she will regret just earlier.

 

“I’m sure.” 

 

When one had lived a dull life, it’s bound that one day she’ll be out to look for something that can color her black and white world, and that’s what ______ was going to do, spice her life up a bit. Maybe not a bit, a lot. If anything else, she wasn’t scared of anything, unlike before. ______ wanted to make use of her time to live life to the fullest since she’s very well aware that sooner or later, the police will come look for her.

 

“Can I come too?” Lisa pouted, stepping up her ‘pity me’ game, but of course, Jennie already have an answer. 

 

“No. We’ve talked about this right?” The older one sternly said and looked the sulking Lisa straight into her eyes.

 

“Fine.”

 

Jennie pressed the button to open her car, which surprised ______, who was actually waiting for a helmet.

“Oh. I thought we were going to ride your motorcycle.” 

 

“You didn’t like it.” Jennie smiled as she opened the passenger’s door for _____.

 

“Yup, I didn’t.” A giggle came out of _____’s lips. She wasn’t really a fan of motorcycles, it scared her.

 

The two were driving around the neighbourhood, blasting some music, while looking for a potential shop to rob. It was already an hour past midnight and there were still stores open, fortunately for them.

 

“Look at that shop. I mean, it’s poorly decorated, will anyone even go there? The owner will just lose money.” _____ shook her head, disapproving of the exterior of the shop.

 

“Then should we help him lose more money?” Smirking, Jennie pressed on the brakes.

 

“Should we?” A grin slowly crept it’s way into _____’s lips as she felt her adrenaline pump up, getting ready for her first theft, which apparently didn’t sound that nice.

 

The two weren’t dumb to not wear any disguise as they entered the shop. They wore the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter