Cherry Red Lips

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Cherry Red Lips

 

Five of us were sent for this mission. Now I stand alone, in front of a girl with dangerous cherry red lips.

 

After two years of working as an agent, this is the first time I was assigned as the lead agent for a case. The mission was fairly simple. Go to Daniel West’s safe house, find the vault, then retrieve the general ledger. And if Daniel was present, shoot to kill. A piece of cake.

 

And so we intruded the house as planned. We split into two: three agents will secure the area while Mark and I will look for the vault. Our task was rather easy as Daniel West was very predictable, placing his vault in his study. Amateur.

 

“Keep watch while I open it.” I walked towards the vault, wearing the stethoscope and listening to the clicks of the lock. It didn’t take long for me to open it, and just when it swung open, revealing nothing but a piece of paper, a thud behind me alerted me of someone else’s presence.

 

And that brings us to where I am right now, in front of her. She had her signature deceitful eyes paired with an innocent smile, but I wasn’t one to be easily deceived.

 

“Didn’t think I’d see you here.” Lisa raised an eyebrow, still smiling. 

 

“Likewise.” I took out the knife attached to my right leg, lunging right to her. Swiftly, she dodged it, her hands gripping my knife as I pushed her to the wall. 

 

“Ooh~ I knew you like to play rough.” Lisa chuckled, her breathing heavy. 

 

Using all my strength, I pushed the knife to her neck and she struggled to push it away. 

 

“You know, I missed you.” 

 

“Stop with the talking Lalisa.”

 

Lisa managed to laugh, causing me to roll my eyes. I hated it when she laughed. It’s almost distracti—-

 

The striking pain on my right foot made me stumble a little. Taking this to her advantage, Lisa snatched the knife from me and threw it out the window. 

Before I can pick up the glass beside me, Lisa threw a punch on my left cheekbone and god did it hurt. But don’t she worry, I have higher pain tolerance than any other agents.

 

Not wasting any second, I kicked her on the stomach, throwing a hard punch right after. Seeing as she can still smile, I grabbed her head and smashed it on the table, only for me to get punched twice on my left cheek. This is going to make me look uglier than I already was. Damn you Lalisa.

 

I went back at her with a punch then I kicked the back of her legs hard, making her fall into her knees. Before she can stand up, I encircled both of my arm on her neck from the back, causing her to cough like crazy. I should really strangle her more to keep her from talking.

 

“I love it when you hold me like this.” What a psycho. She coughed once again, trying to take my arm off her neck. As she struggled, I was pushed to the wall and she suddenly flipped me. She had me pinned on the floor before punching me once. “You know, there’s a bedroom right across this room. We can continue this if you want.” Lisa smirked. 

 

I smiled as my hand grabbed a candle holder, I think. “Sure thing.” And so I smashed it right at her head. 

 

 

“Good job Agent.” Chief Edmond gave me a nod when I handed him the report. “Make sure to give Agent greendale Lalisa’s file for the interrogation.” This is ridiculous. I was the one who brought Lisa here, I was the one who took all the punches. I deserve more than a “Good job agent.”

 

“Pardon me sir, but shouldn’t I be the one to interrogated her?”

 

“What?”

 

I sighed, putting on smile. “Nothing sir.” What a ty job I have. 

 

 

“After bringing in lisa all by yourself, shouldn’t you be celebrating?” Jennie sat at the edge of my desk.

 

“Same question I ask myself.” This happened to me several times already. I catch the bad guy and when the case is almost done, somebody sweeps it off from me and takes all the credit for the hard work I had to put. Agent Greendale had always been the apple of Chief’s eye.

 

“I’d take you out for a drink, but you look like you badly need to rest. How about I’ll drive you home?” I never truly understood why Jennie was so nice to me. She would always stare people down, humiliate our co workers every chance she has, and never showed interest in getting to know them. Although, of course, I’m very thankful that I didn’t experience any of those.

 

“Sure. I’ll just hand this file to greendale.” I headed towards the interrogation room and knocked. Greendale opened the door, looking so frustrated. I handed him the file and then went out, but not before catching a glimpse of Lisa, who was smiling at me. It wasn’t that creepy smile that erts or crazy people have, it’s a smile that says she knows everything, and as much as I want to wipe that out of her face, I’m rather intrigued.

 

Deciding to eavesdrop for a couple of minutes, I entered the room right next to the interrogation room, and observed through the two-way mirror.

 

Agent Greendale stood up and rolled his sleeves up. He has the reputation of making the interrogation room a hell for criminals. He’s the “devil inside the interrogation room” as what my co workers says.

 

“You see, you’re in a tight position right now and I’m only going to give you two options: it’s either you tell me what you were doing at Daniel west’s house, or you can pick any of these tools right here.” Greendale ran his fingers across the tools. 85% of the time, the truth comes out of the criminal’s mouth at the sight of the hammers, screw driver, and pliers, but Lisa was no where near fazed, in fact, she had the nerve to laugh.

 

“That’s your plan? Bore me to death with those toys? Y/N can do better than that.”

 

“She can never do better than me.” That’s the thing about greendale, his ego and pride can reach higher than heaven. Every agent and employee here knows not to compare him to me, or else they’ll be given one hell of a hard time. 

 

I don’t even know why he’s so triggered when I’m mentioned. It’s not like I’m the favourite of the chief. Well now that I think about it, it all started when he asked Jennie out on a date and got flat out rejected by her. Jennie joked, saying, “If you’re Y/N, then I’d love to. But since you’re not her, eew no.” That ignited his hatred towards me. 

 

The door opened, making me divert my gaze from the mirror. “I thought you left already.” Jennie walked inside.

 

“Sorry. Didn’t notice I was watching them for too long.” 

 

Jennie looked through the mirror, right when greendale slapped Lisa hard. “Huh. And she’s still smiling? That girl is really something else.” 

 

Indeed, she is something else.

 

LaLisa is a Soviet assassin trained in the Red Room Academy as an operative of a Soviet espionage agency, Leviathan. She was trained to be an elite assassin through indoctrination and desensitizing. At the age of five, she started training to be a ruthless killer and a spy without doubt or any regard for human life. Which is why catching her is a big deal. However, she wasn’t the focus of the mission assigned to me. To hell did I even expect her to be there. 

 

I continued working on the mission. After days of following Daniel west, we concluded that he brings it wherever he goes. Apparently he’s been alerted before that someone is trying to get their hands on the ledger so he’s keeping an eye on it. Dumb. 

 

The plan remained the same, except now we’re supposed to terminate the target, as per agent greendale’s suggestion. In all honesty, I think I’m not exactly on board with the plan. Catching west alive and interrogating him is a better plan. This way, we could extract more information from him to expose all his ties to the black market and catch an even bigger fish.

 

With this belief, I continued on the mission with two other agents. Daniel West didn’t have that much security with him, except for two body guards and a dog, which I felt guilty for shooting the dog with a tranquilizer. 

 

We executed the plan perfectly. My plan, not greendale’s. So we retrieved the ledger and brought with us Daniel west for interrogation. 

 

“I thought I made it clear to terminate the target.” Chief Edmond had his face all scrunched up.

 

“Yes, sir. But wouldn’t it be smart if we can get information about the infamous dealers in the black market? We can still use him.”

 

Before he can say anything, the door opened, revealing a frustrated greendale. He glared at me before returning his attention to the chief. “Chief, Daniel west is gone. CCTV showed a guy helping him escape. We’re currently looking through as to who it was and I sent men to find Daniel west.” 

 

Goddamn it.

 

“Agent Y/N, you’re out of the mission plus one week suspension for not following direct orders. Effective immediately.” He slammed his fist on the table. I take it that’s my sign to leave.

 

 

As I was tidying up my desk before I leave, greendale walked in front of me. “See? You should’ve listened to me in the first place. All you do is cause trouble, leaving me to clean up your mess.” The nerve he has.

 

Jennie scoffed, crossing her arms. “Oh don’t give yourself too much credit.” 

 

Greendale shrugged off Jennie’s comment. “Mess up once more and hopefully, you’ll be out of the Black Op finally. Enjoy your suspension.” went back to the interrogation room before I can even kick his . One day, I surely will.

 

 

If they thought they could keep me out of this mission that easily, they thought wrong. I wasn’t going to let this chanc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter