Walking To You

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Walking To You

Finding true love with my eyes closed

 

 

True love is attained through honesty and willingness to go through hard times together. True love understands and accepts. True love doesn’t leave you hanging after you revealed one of your biggest secret, one of your biggest fears. So when he left me, I knew that wasn’t true love. I just had to accept that.

 

 

“Y/N?” I looked beside me and saw a lady, brown hair with a very noticeable chic sense of fashion, standing with a coffee on hand paired with a surprised expression.

 

Glancing behind me, I had to make sure she was talking to me, ‘cause how in hell does she know me? “Umm... yes?”

 

“I wasn’t expecting to see you!” She smiled widely, her gums showing, it was cute but I was definitely weirded out when she went closer for a hug. “You said you’d call, I was waiting all day.” She pulled from the hug and gave me a pout, or so I think.

 

What was I supposed to say? I never met this woman before. 

 

“Jen! The cab is leaving!”

 

She then rolled her eyes and sighed. “I better go now. Call me.” With a wink and one last wave, she went out of the café.

 

 

“I didn’t know ordering coffee would take ten minutes.” Lisa crossed her arms once I placed the tray down the table. 

 

I settled on my seat and leaned on the chair. Thank god the it’s comfty enough. “The cashier was so slow and someone talked to me as if we knew each other.”

 

“Maybe you do.”

 

“Haven’t seen her before. Might’ve mistaken me for someone else.”

 

“Figures. You’re plain ordinary, I’m sure you have a lot of look alikes.”

 

Groaning, I pushed the her drink lightly. “Just drink your ing coffee.”

 

Lisa and I shared a flat together. We met during third year of college. Initially, I wanted the apartment alone but then one night, she came knocking on the door, all drenched because of the rain, said she needed a place to stay. At first, it was only temporarily, but then I grew too fond of her to share my place with her. And that was one of the best decisions I ever did. Although she can be annoying sometimes. Most of the times actually.

 

The day went by fast. I finished some work and did the laundry. Overall, it was a pretty productive day. Nothing out of ordinary. Come to think of it, nothing new has ever happened since that day two years ago. After that happened, I’ve been following a daily routine.

 

That is, until I woke up next morning.

 

Grey sheets, white and grey wall, plus a brown closet. When did I ever bought a fifty shades of grey book? This certainly isn’t my room. 

 

Wait. 

 

I glanced under the sheets and oh god. I’m . Why the hell am I ?! 

 

Panicking, I looked behind me and saw her sleeping peacefully. It’s that girl at the coffee shop yesterday. 

 

How the hell did this—— oh god. No. No. No. No.

 

I clutched my head, breathing in and out to calm myself down.

My clothes. I need to get out of here.

 

All I needed was to wear my shoes and I’m out, but then the ruffling of the sheets and a bitter scoff made me turn around. She was already sitting, the sheets covering her self, with an expression that I can’t really tell. I shivered at the thought of what possibly happened last night. “So I’m just a one night stand for you then?”

 

“What?”

 

“You’re just going to slip off before I wake up and pretend like last night never happened. And here I thought you were finally going to acknowledge me as more than your “night friend”, that is if you even considered me as a friend in the first place.” She chuckled, but I knew that she’s nowhere near pleased.

 

Now I know, it’s either anger or pain that I’m seeing in her eyes. Maybe both. But I don’t know her and my mind is too messy to even care about her feelings. “You don’t understand,” I sighed. I’ve been through this before, but this is going on longer than last time. “This,” “whatever this is, I don’t remember any of it and I’ll never will. So don’t talk to me when you see me.”

 

Her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes glistened. “F-fine!” “Don’t come talk to me again.” “Get out!” A pillow hit my right in the face. 

 

“I was on my way! Geez.” I picked up my phone and wallet at the dresser and went out. This stopped happening two years ago, why now?

 

 

I prayed continuously on my way to the apartment that Lisa was still asleep, but apparently, it didn’t reach the heavens as once I entered the dorm, my flat mate greeted me with her arms crossed and eyebrow raised. “Don’t tell me you went to the club and got wasted, ‘cause if you did, I’ll——“ She squinted her eyes and I honestly felt like she’s my mom.“You did.” Lisa pointed at me accusingly. “Why didn’t you let me come with you?! I told you last night that I was bored and—-“

 

“LA,” I called. “It’s happening again.” 

 

She had open for a second before blinking rapidly. “Oh .” Yup. That’s what I thought too.

 

It explains why the girl acted like she knew me when I first saw her at the café, it’s because she actually did knew me. Just how many times have we met that I don’t recall? I hope not too many.

 

Knowing that Lisa wanted an explanation, I started, “I woke up this morning at someone else’s house and apparently we had last night.”

 

“Wha—-oh my god. Who?”

 

“I don’t—-“ “Jennie, I think.” I remember seeing her messages asking me to have dinner but not knowing who ‘Jennie’ actually was, I didn’t bother replying. She probably asked me to dinner more than five times already. 

 

Instead of helping me, Lisa decided to be that annoying friend. Like always. “Oooh~ someone’s got a girlfriend.” She pushed me lightly, wiggling her eyebrows. “You know? I think this is a good thing. You can finally move on from you-know-who.”

 

I sighed. How many times do I have to tell her?? “I’ve already moved on Lalisa. It’s been five months already.”

 

“Five months and you’re still going to the bar or wherever to get wasted and forget about him.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter