Jennie's Math Test

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie's Math Test

Does the school beauty also got brains?

 

 

“Where’s my homework?” Jennie was sitting at one of her classmate’s table, waiting for her nerd classmate to give her the homework. 

 

This had been a usual thing in school. Every morning, Jennie would pester the smart pants in class to give her the homework for the day. 

 

Jennie is well known for her beauty and overflowing confidence that intimidated anyone who makes eye contact with her. In spite of being the school beauty, she didn’t have the brains. She was the third to the last student who has the lowest grades, which is why instead of studying, she resorted to making the smart ones do it for her.

 

However, something didn’t made sense to _____. Not once had Jennie made her do her homework, considering that she ranks number 2 in the whole class, it was a surprise and of course, a relief that Jennie didn’t.

 

Right when the thought crossed her mind, their history teacher called her name, along with Jennie’s. She was being partnered with Jennie for the poster-timeline project. At that moment, _____ cursed herself for thinking about Jennie, regretting it deeply.

 

______ gulped as she saw Jennie approaching her from her peripheral view. Jennie stood in front of her desk and asked, “Where are we going to do the project?”

 

“After school at the Library?” _____ answered although she knew that Jennie was just asking and wouldn’t really be there at the library. She was quite sure that she’ll be working on the project alone.

 

 

_____ brought her history book with her to the library. The library wasn’t as packed as usual, which made _____ feel more comfortable, until she saw Jennie waving her hands, telling her to come to the table she saved.

 

Jennie showing up at the library was the last thing _____ expected to happen. 

 

“Why are you here?” _____ asked, Jennie, who looked like a kid with her goofy smile. It’s as if a different Jennie was in front of her.

 

“We’re doing the project remember? Yah. Don’t tell me you were planning to exclude me. I’m offended.” Crossing her arms, Jennie huffed.

 

“No… I wasn’t…Well since you’re here, let’s start already.” ______ flipped through the pages of her history book. She grew more and more conscious once she noticed that Jennie was staring at her. ______ couldn’t take it anymore so she looked up from the book. “Is there something wrong?”

 

“Huh? Nope. Why?” Jennie asked, propping her head up on an elbow and gazing at _____.

 

“You keep on staring at me.”

 

A smile crept on Jennie’s face. “It’s because you’re very pretty.”

 

“What?” _____ raised an eyebrow, not knowing where the conversation was going. 

 

“You’re very pretty.” Jennie repeated, eyes locking with _____, who was the first to turn away.

“Okay… This is getting weird. Let’s just focus on our project, shall we?” She went back on reading some passages before she assigned Jennie to read another history book, just to keep her distracted and prevent her from staring at her.

 

While Jennie was reading diligently, which surprised ______, the latter started sketching her ideas out on a paper. Once she finished the rough sketch she assigned Jennie to outline the drawing and to colour it as well.

 

“Woah! I didn’t know you’re good at drawing.” Jennie stared at the drawing in awe, causing _____ to feel a tingling sensation in her stomach.

 

“Well.” She shrugged, smiling shyly, before saying, “Now you outline and colour it.”

 

“Sure. You know, I’m really good at colouring.” Jennie smirked, carefully outlining the drawing, making sure that she doesn’t make any mistakes. 

 

Jennie was surprised on how much effort she’s putting on the project. She had never even bothered helping her group mates before. Somehow, she wanted to show _____ that she’s capable of doing academic related stuffs. And whatever jennie was trying to prove, it worked since ____ is starting to think that Jennie isn’t as bad as she seems.

 

 

From time to time, _____’s eyes would wander at the girl in front of her. She appreciated how Jennie is taking the project seriously, her eyebrows meeting. 

 

Shaking away the thought, ______ said, “Yah. Why are you so slow?”

 

______ helped colouring the poster, choosing the colours carefully.

 

The two worked in silence, their hands would occasionally brush against each other, sending electricity throughout their body, making both of their heart beat twice as fast, but none of them showed hints of what they were feeling, afraid that the other didn’t feel the same way.

 

“I didn’t know that it’s possible to finish a project less than a day.” Jennie couldn’t h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter