Satan Finds It Unfair

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Satan Find It Unfair

 

 

 

You were exhausted. Your 5 pm session just ended and it drained all the energy out of you. The kid was simply hopeless. You tried everything you could but he didn’t have the will to improve his mental well-being. On the other hand, they pay quite well, and that’s enough to help you get through four excruciating sessions a week.

 

A knock on your door made you lift your head from the desk. Wendy, your assistant, peeked, holding the telephone on her chest. “Someone’s asking for an appointment tonight, should I accept?”

 

You were about to decline, but remembering how much you needed money as you just spent hundreds of dollars for the Gucci blazer you’re wearing, you sighed. “Connect it to me.”

 

Not a second after, your landline rang and you answer it. “This is Dr. Y/N.”

 

“Good evening Dr. Y/N. I’m Jennie Kim. I was wondering if it’s possible to schedule an appointment tonight.” The patient/client’s voice sounded sweet, and you could tell there was urgency in her voice.

 

“It’ll depend on the session you need. What are your concerns that needs to be addressed?”

 

“I’m just a little bit stressed. You know, being a demon and ruling the underworld can be stressful and lonely at times. I just need to talk about my stress.” The client sighed.

 

“Demon? Underworld?” You laughed, not even trying to hold it in. The last time you’ve been pranked was probably last month, when one of your patients faked a cardiac arrest. You swore you were the one who almost had one. 

 

“Yeah. So, tonight?”

 

“Sure, satan.” A snort came out of you. Although you were quite thankful for the prank as it at least made you laugh.

 

“Okay, great. I’ll be there.” The other line went off. You shook your head, a smile still lingering on your face as you placed down the phone.

 

You decided to finish the paperworks you left behind last night, when all of a sudden, a woman in a black suit popped out of nowhere right in front of your desk.

 

“Holy !” You jerked back from your seat, causing you to tip over your tumbler.

 

“Even s are holy now? Wow.” The woman rolled her eyes then went to sit on the sofa. You watched her every move, convinced that your mind was playing tricks on you.

 

You stared at her, taking in her appearance. She was a brunette with an average height. Her cherry red lips was too attention grabbing.

 

“Shall we get our session started? I’m Jennie Kim.” She crossed her right leg over the left, leaning comfortably on the couch.

 

You blinked rapidly, still can’t believe what was happening. You weren’t a firm believer of Jesus Christ or any of those religious concepts, but you certainly didn’t expect that hell and demons exist. “Wait. This isn’t a prank?”

 

Your client, Jennie, raised an eyebrow, seemingly offended. “Is your client’s well-being a prank to you?”

 

“No. Of course not, but you said on the phone, you’re a demon. And then you just popped out of nowhere. I’m most certainly not high right now.”

 

“I am a demon.”

 

“A demon who needs a psychiatrist?” It sounded absurd. At least in your ears.

 

“Yes.”

 

Your eyebrows furrowed. ”But aren’t demons supposed to be this—-tall, red, ugly, and scary guy?”

 

Jennie sighed. “Look, I’m here for counseling, not to answer your questions. So can we just start the session?”

 

You shook your head, breathing in slowly. You decide to just go along with it. “Right, sorry.” You stood up, taking a seat in front of her. You didn’t bother taking your clipboard and pen as those didn’t really have a purpose. “You mentioned about stress over the phone. What’s causing your stress?”

 

“Everything. God, saints, earth people. All of them.”

 

You still think this, whatever this is, is funny. However, you had to act like a pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter