One Easy Job

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One easy job

I had one job

 

Each person has a goal. Each person has a way of achieving it. 

My goal is to go to Greece, buy a house, and live in serenity. And just how do I achieve my million dollar goal?

 

My phone vibrated. It’s my ‘black’ phone, which is strictly for business.

“I have a job for you. Kidnap the daughter of the president. Three million dollars.” They’ve always been straightforward, just the way I like it.

And that, is how I’m going to achieve my goal. 

 

I’ve been in business for two years already. I worked my way up rather quickly for a 21 year old. In just two years, I’ve been the most sought assassin in the industry. 

Although being at the top is money magnet, it’s also danger magnet. Several assassins have come to my doorstep and tried to kill me. Tried, but obviously failed. Although I don’t really mind killing stupid amateurs, I’ve decided to resign from this line of work right after I finish the job with the president. I already have one and a half million dollars in my bank account, and after this, I’m pretty much set for the next couple of years.

One last job. It’ll be a piece of cake.

 

Thumping music, sweaty people grinding on the dance floor, and drunkards hitting on anybody they laid eyes on. I definitely wasn’t expecting the president’s daughter, Kim Jisoo, to be hanging around a place like this. However, the good thing is, there aren’t CCTVs inside the club. I wouldn’t have to break a sweat taking her out.

The subject was sitting at the bar alone. Perhaps waiting for someone or she’s just here to get herself drunk. By the way she gulped one shot of mojito, she’ll get too drunk to struggle, which definitely is a plus to me. 

For someone as important as her, there weren’t body guards following her around. 

After a couple more shots, the subject stood up and went to the bathroom, staggering her way through the crowd. Finally. 

Once she got in the bathroom, I proceeded with my plan. Make sure the bathroom stall were empty, then cover her nose and mouth with a handkerchief sprayed with a drug. 

With one swift move, I pulled her to me and covered and nose. There was no struggle. Even drunkards would try to scream, but this one, she didn't even try wiggling her way out. Something's wrong with this kid. 

When I was sure that she's unconscious, I placed her left arm over my shoulder and placed mine around her waist for support. There wasn't really anything to worry about since most poeple were drunk and even if they're not, those stupid people would just think that I'm helping my drunk friend go home. 

 

In no time, we've arrived at the warehouse safe and sound. I tied the subject to a chair and searched for an aspirin for when she wakes up with a hang over.

Almost three hours had passed when I've decided to wake her up. 

"Hey." I kicked the chair a little, but it didn't do anything. "Hey subject, wake up." I shook her shoulders and finally, she stirred a little, groaning. 

I gave her the aspirin as she kept on grunting because of the headache.

Since I've woken her up, she had been watching every move I made. I had always been sensitive when it comes to that. I raised my eyebrow, demanding for an explanation. I don't like people staring at me. 

"You look really hot, especially with that gun." I guess the aspirin worked, or did it?

I stopped what I was doing and stared at her. “Are you seriously flirting with your kidnapper?”

She smiled, “Well if you don’t refer to yourself as kidnapper then it wouldn’t sound so wrong.”

"I am your kidnapper." 

Usually, they'd ask where they are or why are they tied up, who I am, and whatsoever, but this girl is weird. First thing she've spoken is about how hot I am. Not to be boasting, just acknowledging, but I'm aware that I'm above average when it comes to looks. I had my share of guys following me around asking for a date. Back to the topic, she's either smart for not asking since she figured out that I won't be giving her any information about the location or whatsoever, or she's still a drunk idiot. I think it's the latter.

"Surely my kidnapper has a name." She waited for me to say my name, but once she knew that I won't be replying, she looked at the ceiling, as if in deep thought. "I'll just call you chicken then." Before I can even send her a glare for the ugly name, she added, "Just so you know, I like chicken. A lot." Whatever. I don't really give a 'cause I won't be seeing her for more than a day.

I prefer to keep the anonymity while doing my business. I don't know the man who hired me, and he don't know me, works well. They send me all the informations that I will need and a specific instruction on the job that I was tasked to do. 

This time, just like any other kidnap-for-ransom jobs I took, the plan was:

Kidnap the subject and bring her to a warehouse

Wait for the go signal to call the President

Get the ransom money

Kill the subject before she reaches the president

Four easy steps, and all I had to do for now is wait for the go signal.

Although what I'm doing, especially the fourth step, can be considered cheating, as much as I want less casualty, I have to kill her since she've seen my face. It's kill or be killed, and too bad I value self preservation. I still want to go to Greece.

 

I was organizing my materials inside the bag when I heard a giggle. “Oh god. I suddenly remember that time at the swing—“ She went on and on while I give my best in muting her voice.

 

I normally don’t consider taping up my subject’s mouth as it would always occur to me that this is their last day, why not let them waste their breath? Threats, curses, usually people telling me that I’d go to hell or they’ll kill me if they get out. I’ve heard all of it and don’t really care, but what was wrong with this one?

“—and so I pushed the swing really hard and boom! She—“

 

“Shut up!” If only I brought a tape with me. 

 

The look on her face told me that she was startled. She pursed her lips, before pouting and giving me an apologetic look. I’m her kidnapper for goodness sake! Why is she looking at me like that?! “Sorry, do I talk too much?”

 

“Yes, you do.”

 

“I’ll keep quiet now.” I turned back around to continue organizing my bag in peace when not a minute later, she went on again.

 

“Okay, the silence was great. But did you know that—-“ it hadn’t even been a minute! 

 

I hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter