Rosé's Bucket List Sequel

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rosé's Bucket List Sequel

One crossed, the other one to follow

 

“Hello?” A raspy voice answered. Chayeoung didn’t know why, but her eyes started to get watery. Tears didn’t fall, but her heart fell. It fell deep. She was surprised on how _____’s voice can easily destroy the progress she thought she had in moving on from her first love.

 

“_____?” Chaeyoung finally let out the name she had been wanting to call. Her voice came out as a whisper, but the other line was able to pick it up clearly.

 

“Chaeyoungie?” The alertness on ______’s voice came through Chaeyoung’s ear, making her chuckle. It had been long since she last heard her voice, she surely can’t help herself from smiling.

 

“Yup, it’s me. What are you doing?” 

 

“I was sleeping… but that’s not important. How’d you get my number?” Chaeyoung could imagine _____ sitting on her bed, legs crossed, and she knew that the latter is smiling just like how she is.

 

“Jisoo gave me your number,” Chaeyoung said, before inhaling deeply, “Do you have plans for today?” She could only hope that _____ is free, or else she would never find the courage to face her again, and maybe, just maybe, say the words that she regretted she hadn’t say before.

 

“I’m actually supposed to meet mark, but I can cancel that if you want to meet up?” Hearing that ____ would cancel whatever she has with that someone made her feel important, but she didn’t want to ruin _____’s plans so she told her “maybe next time then”

 

“No, it’s really fine. Plus, I missed you. Like, so so so much, you don’t even know. Where are we going to meet? I have a lot to tell you.” 

 

It made chaeyoung’s heart flutter, she didn’t like that she’s back to square one. Back to when she was head over heels for her best friend. It’s all happening again, but this time, she swore to herself that she wouldn’t be the coward she was before.

 

 

______ walked in at the cafe chaeyoung had sent her. It had a very nice ambiance, not too crowded and the music coming out from the speakers gave a sense of relaxation to ______. 

_____ walked quietly as she spotted her used to be best friend. She covered the girl’s eyes, playfully asking, “guess who?” while holding in her laughter.

 

“Umm.. who’s this.” The girl tried taking off _____’s hands. 

 

“Yah. We were just talking over the phone earlier but why does your voice—“ _____ was cut off with a smack at the back of her head, which she rubbed to ease the pain. She looked behind her and saw her best friend, looking at her, offended. 

 

“Yah!” 

 

“. Then who’s…Oh my god! I’m so sorry. I thought you were my friend. I’m really sorry.” _____ bowed countless of times, making the girl giggle at her actions. 

 

“No, it’s fine, really,” The girl said, offering a smile. 

 

Chaeyoung dragged ______ into the corner part of the cafe, not too many people near their table.

 

“Did you just thought that I was that girl?” Chaeyoung had her arms crossed, raising an eyebrow to the girl in front of her, who smiled childishly, rubbing her nape in embarrassment. 

 

 

They ordered themselves a cup of coffee before starting their story telling. 

 

“How come you still look the same?” Chaeyoung asked, once she got a proper look on the girl in front of her.

 

_____ imitated the look chaeyoung is giving her, “How come you’re still taller than me?”

 

A snicker came out of chaeyoung. “What, you expect me to get smaller?”

 

“I hoped so.”

 

The two shared laughter, but quickly toned down once Chaeyoung changed the topic.

 

“So, why did you broke up?”

 

______  placed down her coffee before heaving out a long sigh. “I honestly don't know. At first we were very happy, I was very happy and contented, but then my feelings started to fade. Jen does still make me happy but it's already different. As much as I didn't want to admit it at first, I fell out of love. However, I didn't want to hurt Jen. I didn't have the heart to do so, but she felt it and she let go of me, saying she didn't want me to feel forced and locked in a cage. She was, and still is, selfless like that.” 

 

“How are you two now?” She couldn’t help but want to know more about what happened to _____ and Jennie, she just had to ask, to be sure that if ever she’ll make a move, it’s a right one.

 

“Well, Jen went back to new Zealand to ponder on things. We still call each other often though.” Although the two broke up, _____ wanted to still be friends with Jennie even though she knew that Jennie still had feelings for her. She was selfish, yes, but she didn’t want to lose Jennie.

 

“That's good…” Chaeyoung nodded slowly, staring at the table. 

 

“How about you chayoung-ah?”

 

“Nothing much. I'm already in college and, yeah that's it.” As much as she wanted to tell _____ about her life and what’s happening, there was nothing interesting that she could tell. Her life basically became plain ever since she entered college, but thankfully she already had the courage to put a spice to it.

 

“What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter