What The Hell?

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm trying 2nd person p.o.v. 🙊

What The Hell?

 

 

Fear exists nowhere but in our minds. It is instilled on us by our mistakes, traumatic events, or even the people around us. But fear is something that one can overcome with the right amount of courage and determination. However, you didn’t seem to have any of those. Unlike most of the people, you didn’t do anything with your fear. You didn’t drive them away nor did you even try. You saw something in fear that others simply can’t: excitement and adventure.

 

But that certainly doesn’t change the fact that you’re now screaming at the top of your lungs, eyes shut tight, gripping your girlfriend’s arm ever so firmly, scared that the evil sprits, zombies, or maybe even the devil, might pull and lock you into the darkness.

 

“Are we there yet?!” You asked, still clinging on Jennie, who, unlike you, is laughing so hard. Regardless of how scared you were and the very loud spooky sounds emitted through the speakers, you knew without a doubt when Jennie is making fun of you. 

 

“Stop laughing at someone’s frailty!” But that only made Jennie laugh even more. “I swear I’m going to kill you and make sure you’ll be sent to hell along with your co-devil friends.” You swore right then that this is by far the scariest haunted house both of you have been to and you definitely wasn’t going to come back. At least that’s what you says every time you went to a haunted house.

 

Jennie chuckled, walking a little bit faster than before while making sure to shield you from the scary creatures. “But they’re your friends though.” 

 

“I don’t care! Let’s just get out of here already!”

 

Once the amusement park adventure came to an end, the both of you went home to your apartment, with Jennie planning to stay overnight. 

 

Summer had always been your least favourite season when subtropical heat waves and unbelievable humid afternoons makes its presence known. Heck, even nights were too hot to even let you sleep. You detached yourself from Jennie’s embrace when you couldn’t handle the warmth your bodies were emitting. “I’ve always envied how you never get hot. Like, it’s basically 40 degrees Celsius and I’m about to die right now yet here you are, acting like we’re not in the oven.”

 

“Stop being so dramatic.” Jennie laughed. “My body is already pre-conditioned since it was basically scorching in my homeland.”

 

You grinned, wiggling your eyebrows up and down. “So that’s why my girlfriend is really hot.”

 

“Glad you’ve figured it out.” Jennie smiled, pulling you for a fiery and passionate kiss, just like your love for each other. You both pull apart, catching your breaths, smiles all over your faces. “Let’s watch a movie!”

 

As if you weren’t just screaming out your lungs at the haunted house, you confidently played a horror movie in netflix, while Jennie could only shake her head at your love for horror and thrillers.

 

You two cuddled at the sofa, with you peeking through the gaps between your fingers. While you watched the movie intently, Jennie was too focused on you to even bother to glance at the television. At times like this, she would always think how lucky she was to have found you and how thankful she was to have someone who can make her feel all sorts of things at once. She wanted to tell you so badly, itching to spill the words, but she held back, thinking it was too early to tell you how she really felt.

 

 

 

Several shrieks and countless of hiding behind your girlfriend, the movie came to an end, but you weren’t all satisfied when you realized the girl beside you didn’t scream once or even got startled. It was never fun to watch a horror movie with someone who’s not scared of anything.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter