The old woman and the Ring

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's this drama called Queen of ring, and although I've only watched the first episode, it inspired me to write this

I was going to write this yesterday for Lisa's birthday but wasn't able to so... yup

This is in your P.O.V.  :)

The Old Woman and the Ring

15,000 won for a ring

 

 

The blonde hair with black streaks perfectly complementing her complexion, her slim figure and even her back view is dazzling. The way she turns around and give you an intense, penetrating stare that could melt you faster than the burning sun, and then she’d show you her radiant smile that illuminated even our well lit classroom. Wait. Is she smiling at me? . 

 

I quickly diverted my gaze back to the blackboard where the teacher is writing those english words that she herself probably didn’t understood. But that’s out of my concern. She caught me staring at her. Lisa, caught me staring at her! As if my whole existence isn’t an embarrassment already, I just had to embarrass myself even more, and worse, in front of Lisa. I probably creeped her out.

 

Lisa is one of the ‘popular’ students in the school campus. She’s bright, cool, and friendly, but doesn’t go overboard with it just like our student council president, who’s obviously fake. She doesn’t deserve that position at all. going back, Lisa was the only one who caught my attention. Out of all the students here in school, I find myself being pulled by her aura.

 

“Hey _____.” Rosé, one of Lisa’s friends, came to sit beside me during the next subject. She’s a very sweet and adorable girl although I sometimes find her intimidating, but that’s just me cause she’s very far from that. 

 

“Um… Hi.” I answered shortly, not sure why she’s talking to me. I was one of the students who you wouldn’t even notice her existence. Heck some doesn’t even know that I’m their classmate, which is why I find it weird that Rosé, another popular girl in school, is sitting beside me and sparking up a conversation with me.

 

Rosé rested her head on her arm as she looked at me. “Do you like anyone or like, are you interested in someone?” 

 

I don’t really get where this is going or why she’s asking me about it, but her face was full of anticipation, I just had to answer it. “Nope. I’m not interested in anyone nor in having a love life.” I’m a big fat liar, but does she really expect me to tell her that I have a crush on her best friend? Hopefully not.

 

“Oh.” I could sense a disappointment in her voice, but chose to ignore it. Rosé stood up from her seat and went back to sit beside her best friend. She’s weird.

 

I was on my way home when I felt like someone was following me. Stopping my tracks, I look back but didn’t see anyone. Although it felt creepy, I’m quite sure it isn’t a ert since I’m branded in school as ‘unattractive’ or ‘no charm’. to be me but there are some perks like this, no ert follows me around. 

 

“Ugh. Why am I not pretty enough?! This is why nobody likes me!” I ruffled my hair in frustration.

 

As I was already hearing steps behind me, I quickly looked back and saw an old woman standing at my right, just behind me. 

 

“Oh my god!” The gray strands were tied in a bun, making her look older than she already is. She was holding a tray with accessories neatly placed on top. 

 

“I can sense that you’re troubled,” The old woman started, creeping me off a bit. Is she a shaman or a vendor? I’m not really sure.

 

I looked around, not feeling comfortable with her presence, but still stayed, not wanting to be rude.

“Do you want to be beautiful in front of the one you love? Or maybe you want to have a boyfriend?” She asked, making me raise my eyebrow. Is she implying that I look ugly just now? Great. Just great. And no, I don’t want a boyfriend.

 

“I’ll sell this ring to you. You see, this ring isn’t just an ordinary ring. Believe it or not, if the one you like puts this ring on you, he’ll see you as his ideal type and will fall for you.” The old woman picked up the ring and showed it to me. The seriousness in her voice is making it hard for me to hold my laughter in, but still I held it in.

 

“Umm.. No thank you, I don’t need it.” I refused as politely as I can, I mean, who would believe what she’s saying? Not me.

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

Looking her from head to toe, this old woman must have need money to eat her dinner and for her grandchildren. She doesn’t look like she earned any money for food. With the cold weather today, her light clothes and an old windbreaker is the only thing that’ll keep her warm. 

I can’t be cold hearted in this cold city with a cold weather, can I?

 

“How much is it?” I took out my wallet and fortunately my wallet is quite stuffed.

 

“I’ll give it to you for 15,000 won.” The old lady handed me the ring before I can even get it. But, hell 15,000 won for a stupid ring? I could buy this exact ring at a flea market and get it for 3,000 won. 

 

However, my kind heart is telling me to just buy it since I don’t really need money.

 

I handed her the money and went off to my house. The ring looked nothing special, but it did f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter