I'll show you (Part II)

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You might want to read the part one again in case you forgot đŸ˜¶

 

I'll show you

From hate to love

 

Stomach shifting uneasily and heart pounding. It was the day trainees dread for: Monthly evaluation test. 

 

Y/N paced back and forth in the practice room. The test will begin in a couple of minutes and everybody is rehearsing their performance. They were given the chance to choose between creating a song or doing another version of any song, Y/N chose the former. It took her a lot of time and effort to create a song of her own but it paid off once she finished it. She genuinely enjoyed it and thought that she did a good job with her song. She was excited, but her nervousness was getting the best of her, it only proved right when her phone vibrated on her pocket, making her jump slightly. 

 

Y/N fished out her phone and saw that Rosé was calling. 

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey Y/N, is Jennie with you?”

 

“Umm
 No, I’m at the company for the evaluation. Why?” Y/N didn’t understand why RosĂ© had the idea that Jennie will be with her. She knew how much Y/N hated that girl so there should be no reason for Jennie to be with her.

 

Rosé’s sigh told Y/N that she’s really worried. “She’s missing. Earlier we had our monthly evaluation as well and we really didn’t know why but she didn’t perform well so YG scolded her and now we can’t find her. I just thought that maybe she told you something ‘cause she always look for you when she has problems. I mean—-before.”

 

“Have you tried calling he— never mind I’m sure you already did. Rosie, calm down. She’s probably just clearing off her mind somewhere. She’ll be back.” Y/N tried calming down the older girl. RosĂ© was the type to cry when she gets really worried and Y/N can hear it in the other girl’s voice that she’s about to cry.

 

“But Jennie unnie have never done this before.” It was true. Not once had Jennie performed poorly on a monthly evaluation test. Y/N, of all people, knew how important that day is for Jennie, which is why she thought that there must be something wrong. Something bad enough to affect Jennie’s performance.

 

“Don’t worry Rosie, we’ll find her. I’ll try to call her once our evaluation is done.” Y/N’s assurance somehow made Rosé’s nerves calm down. Y/N didn’t know why but even though she’s younger than RosĂ©, she always felt the need to protect her and act like the older one.

 

“Thank you Y/N. Good luck on your evaluation
”

 

“Thanks. I’ll call you back.”

 

Right after she hang up, they were all called to the auditorium as the evaluation was about start. They all went as instructed and took their seats, waiting for their turn to perform at the small stage, in front of JYP and the other instructors.

 

Y/N wasn’t nervous anymore. She couldn’t focus that she almost forgot that she was supposed to perform in a couple of minutes. Her thoughts were filled with the person she hates. 

 

She remembered how she told Jennie she hated her yesterday and she now felt guilty. What she said was true, but now that she’ve thought of it, she might’ve went too far with telling her to get lost. Plus, Jennie was once her friend, she can’t just sit there and pretend she didn’t care. There was still a little, very, very little part in her heart that Jennie occupied. And that very, very little part is telling her to find Jennie.

 

Sudden flashbacks occurred to her back when she was having a hard time training, back when Chaeyoung would make everything hard for her. One message to Jennie, the latter would be there in a flash. Heck she didn’t have to say it, Jennie read her like an open book, she could easily tell if there was something bothering Y/N. It was something that the latter was very thankful of since she was never vocal about her feelings. These flashbacks made Y/N torn, her whole body is itching for her to stand up and look for Jennie, but then she has to stay for the evaluation. 

 

There were still about seven trainees before her. If she waited for her turn, who knows what might happen to Jennie? 

 

Y/N bit her lip and stared at the stage.“Oh this.” She stood up, garnering attention from the other trainees, and hurriedly went out of the auditorium before the managers stops her. So much for working twice as hard in creating her song.

 

This was stupid. Y/N thought that this was stupid. She was supposed to hate Jennie, but there she was, walking on the streets, looking for her. 

 

“Where the hell is that girl?” Y/N muttered as she look around. Just as she was about to give up, she had and epiphany and remembered where Jennie is, or might be. Without wasting any time, Y/N ran towards the closed cafe and went up to the rooftop. Jennie had once brought her there, saying that was the place where she goes to when she’s sad, angry, happy, or when she just wants to be alone.

 

Without making any noise, Y/N pushed open the door to the rooftop, and lo and behold, Jennie was leaning against the rail, her back facing Y/N. The latter didn’t know what to say. She wasn’t sure if she should say hi or just tell her that Chaeyoung is looking for her. 

“Oh. I thought nobody was here.” Certainly not the best thing to say but it already came out of . She decided to pretend that Chaeyoung didn’t tell her anything. As much as she’s worried as well, she’ll definitely won’t tell Jennie that. 

 

Jennie flinched a little at the voice. She really wasn’t expecting to see nor hear Y/N. 

She wiped the tears that fell without her consent, turned around, and smiled at the other girl like she wasn’t crying earlier.

 

“What are you doing here?” Y/N wasn’t surprised on how good Jennie is when it comes to hiding her feelings. She knew Jennie. Even before, whenever she catches Jennie crying, she would quickly wipe of her tears and smile like nothing happened. 

 

If they were still as close as they were before, Y/N would have reprimanded her for pretending to be okay when she’s not, and go over and give her a hug. But now’s different, so Y/N merely shrugged. “Nothing. Just
 happened to pass by and thought of getting some air up here.”

 

Jennie nodded, and when she felt that Y/N wasn’t going to continue their conversation, she smiled sadly and said, “I’ll probably just go now. I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable since I’m around.”

 

Y/N didn’t say anything and just nodded. She was being a cold-hearted and she knew that, but she still hated Jennie for doing what she did. Just because she was crying doesn’t mean she’ll forgive her. However when Jennie turned to leave, Y/N’s conscience was calling her repeatedly, making her internally groan. She rolled her eyes, and just about when Jennie walked past her, Y/N gently held Jennie’s wrist and wrapped her arms around the older one. The latter stiffened at the unexpected contact, but the gesture only made her burst into tears even more. 

Y/N didn’t let go of her hold to Jennie even though she was feeling a bit uncomfortable. She told herself that she was just being kind enough to offer a shoulder to someone, and that she would do the same thing regardless of who it was. Therefore, nothing will change, she still hates Jennie and she won’t forgive her yet.

 

It took Jennie longer to calm down than Y/N expected, and by now the sun was slowly setting. She could only sigh and hope that their manager wouldn’t kill her. I should probably just jump off from the rooftop instead. Consider me dead. 

 

Y/N loosened her embrace and pulled out once she was sure that Jennie was done crying. She was done for today and all she wanted to do is crawl up to her bed and have a goodnight sleep before she face the managers tomorrow.

 

“Thanks
for, umm
” Jennie fidgeted with her fingers, searching for the right words. She still couldn’t believe what had happened.

 

“I told you before not to pretend to be okay if you’re not, you don’t know how to listen. Jisoo and the others are always there if you need a shoulder to cry on.” Y/N kept her poker face before turning around to leave. “Don’t wonder off anymore, they’re probably worried already.”

 

Jennie watched Y/N’s retreating back. There was still coldness in the younger one’s voice, and she despised it as much as she despise mark. Albeit Y/N didn’t tell her that she’s there if she needs a shoulder to cry on, Jennie was at least grateful that Y/N talked to her. 

 

Just like what Y/N said, Jennie went back to their dorm. She opened the door and met worried eyes from the living room. The three girls stood up from the couch and went over to Jennie. 

 

“Yah! Where did you go?!”

“Unnie, we were so worried.”

 

“Did you cry?!”

 

Jennie chuckled at the three who were frowning at her. “Don’t worry guys, I just needed some time alone. I’m fine now.” She pushed through the three and went to the kitchen to quench her thirst.

 

Jisoo and Lisa went back to the living room and the television to some cartoon movie, while RosĂ© followed Jennie quietly. “Unnie, did Y/N call you or something?”

 

“Umm
No. But I was with her earlier. We saw each other coincidently, she said she wanted to get some air and I just happened to be there.” She placed down the glass of water and furrowed her eyebrows. “Did something happen to her?”, she worriedly asked. Y/N wouldn’t just ‘need some air’ if she didn’t have any problems.

 

“Really? But their monthly evaluation doesn’t end until six
” There’s still 30 minutes left before Y/N’s evaluation ends. RosĂ© thought that it was impossible for Y/N to be with Jennie earlier, unless


 

RosĂ© gasped and her eyes instantly widened. “Don’t tell me she skipped it?!”

 

“What?”

 

“Why would she skip it? She said she was going to call—-“

 

Jennie placed her hands on the younger one’s shoulder. “Rosie. Stop rumbling. What do you mean? Tell me clearly.”

 

RosĂ© took a deep breath before explaining. “When you disappeared, I called Y/N and asked if she saw you or if you’re with her. She said no, and I told her that you were missing. She said she was going to call you after her evaluation ends, but it looks like she skipped it and looked for you instead. Didn’t she tell you something?”

 

“But she said she just happened to pass by
So you’re telling me she skipped her monthly evaluation to look for me?” Jennie’s heart started beating twice as fast. She thought her heart had stop beating since the day Y/N told her she hated her, but now it’s beating again, twice as fast.

 

RosĂ© nodded slowly, although she’s not too sure.

 

Jennie realized that Y/N still cared for her. Why else would she leave the evaluation to look for her if she didn’t? Monthly evaluations are a big deal to all the trainees regardless of what agency you come from. It’s pretty much like, the day when God decides whether you go to heaven or hell. This gave her hope that she still has a chance. A chance to bring back her relationship with Y/N, maybe even more. 

 

Y/N woke up not wanting to leave her bed. The dearth of willingness, and the nervousness rushing throughout her body made her want to curl up into a ball and never leave her nest. It was tempting, but nevertheless, she knew she needed to go or else her agony will only be prolonged. 

 

Slowly and ever so quietly, she pushed open the door slightly, wishing nobody was there at he moment. Turns out, she’s bereft of luck today. The trainees were all gathered at the floor, while their manager was saying something. The latter was quick enough to notice Y/N before she can even close the door and ditch practice. 

 

“Come in.” Their manager was austere to begin with, but the coldness of his voice gave chills to Y/N. She stepped in the room, and she could feel all eyes following every move she made. 

 

“Sit down. We will talk about your behaviour yesterday after this.” Y/N thought that there’s nothing worse than being scolded in front of the number of trainees, but her manager proved her wrong. Her heart was beating twice its usual pace and her stomach was grumbling inside as she sat down the floor with the others. 

 

Why does Jennie always have to cause me troubles?!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter