Ghost in apartment 419

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ghost in Apartment 419

A halloween Special

 

There are a couple of perks when you live alone. First, you can do anything you want. Second, You don’t have to cook for your roommate. Third, you can come home late and no one’s going to nag you. And fourth, there’s less dishes, laundry, and the apartment is just less messy in general. However, living alone can be lonely, especially when your ex-girlfriend moved out. You would sit down on the couch, feeling cold and alone, resisting the urge to call her. It’s hard. Especially now that I just went grocery shopping and I have to carry all of the bags myself. No roommate, no extra hands. It . 

 

I carried five plastic bags up the stairs since the elevator has been out of order ever since the fat guy living two floors below decided to invite his other fat friends. I placed down the bags on the floor and looked for my key. I swear I’m going to kill myself if I left the——

 

Giggles on my left made me glance and I saw four people standing by the door. One was probably looking for her key, while the other three had their eyes on me. Awkward.

 

Right before I was about to go back minding my own business, the orange-haired girl spoke. “Hi!” She had the biggest smile on her face and it’s kinda weird. She’s tall unlike the other two. 

 

Although a little bit unsure, I smiled back. “Umm…Hi?”

 

“My friend here wants—-“ Before she could finish what she was going to say, her friend covered . I think that one’s my neighbor. I’ve seen her a couple of times and she would talk to me every time we happen to ride the elevator at the same time. 

 

“Don’t mind her! I’m sorry!” My neighbour’s high pitched voice almost made me chuckle but I had to keep it in as her face was turning red probably too embarrassed.

 

“Sure.” I smiled and finally saw my key.

 

I opened the door and carried the grocery inside. 

 

“She’s cute,” Someone said, probably one of the shorter two.

 

I closed the door but I couldn’t help but still hear them talking. Their voices were quite loud. “Shut up! She might hear you.” They’re weird, but cute.

 

 

Loud thuds woke me up from my sleep. Did someone break in? I listened more closely to the sound and—oh. someone’s knocking on the door. 

 

I my phone and saw the time: 2:30. “Goddamn it. Who comes by at 2:30 in the morning!?”

 

I was going to play deaf but the knocks kept on getting louder and it’s starting to get even more annoying. 

 

That leaves me to no other choice but to stand up and open the door. If this person is drunk, I’m going to call the police.

 

I purposely opened the door harshly to let whoever it is know that they’re bothering me. 

 

“Umm…” It’s 419—-I mean, my neighbour. She looked at her sides before giving me an unsure smile. “Hi?” Her eyes were a bit red, she must’ve been crying. Is she drunk?

 

“What do you need?” I wouldn’t have been this grumpy if it wasn’t 2:30 in the freaking morning.

 

She fiddled with her pyjamas. “I’m Chaeyoung and I live next door and there’s this—it’s—-can I come in?” She gave me her puppy eyes and—that’s unfair! I’m not supposed to just let anyone in. Who knows? She might be a psychopath for all I know.

 

But because I have a big heart, I opened the door wider for the potential psychopath and let her sit on the couch while I got her a glass of water. 

 

I handed her the water a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter