Jennie Misunderstood

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie Misunderstood

It all started with a misunderstanding

 

 

The never ending chatter filled the cafeteria at noon. It was a lovely day despite the weather getting colder as winter comes in. 

Jennie, along with her 3 other friends, were gossiping about their biology teacher, when Jisoo noticed something, or rather, someone.

 

“Yah. I think ____ likes you.” A smirk appeared on Jisoo’s lips. Lisa and Rosé both glanced to the said girl, who was 3 tables away from them.

 

Jennie shook her head. “What do you mean?” 

 

“She’s been glancing at you like, every 30 seconds.” 

 

“Really?” Jennie glanced behind her and see if it really was true. _____, who had a brief eye contact with Jennie, quickly looked away, pretending as if nothing happened.

 

Jennie let out a snicker, before she faced Jisoo again, “Well, what can I say? Everybody likes me. Who can resist this charming and good looking young lady?” 

 

Rosé and Lisa shook their heads, while Jisoo could only roll her eyes. “Narcissistic .”

 

Jennie is one of the popular kids in school. She’s one of the few who was blessed with good looks, talent, brain, and family. She’s overflowing with confidence, maybe a little bit too much. Jennie had everything she wanted. 

 

 

“Hi!” Jennie waved lightly and winked at ______, who walked by their table. ______ looked at her weirdly before greeting back and walking out of the cafeteria. 

 

“Her heart must’ve melted already. I shouldn’t have winked at her.” Jennie pursed her lips and shook her head, while her friends could only pretend that they didn’t hear anything. 

 

 

***

 

______ is just an average student. She did well in class, doesn’t skip school, and abides with the rules. She has the looks but she never really cared about how she looked in front of the people, which is why she doesn’t bother to put on make up or anything like that. Although of course, there’s one exception. She always wants to look good in the eyes of the one she likes. 

 

“So have you found out if she’s going out with someone?” Nayeon, _____’s friend, asked, making _____ sigh.

 

“Nope. Don’t have the courage. Her friends are always with her. Plus, I can’t just go to her and ask if she has a boyfriend when we barely even speak to each other.” _____ buried her face on her hands, feeling frustrated that she didn’t have any progress, when it has been a couple of months already.

 

“Well then, you need to make a move fast. You know Rosé has tons of admirer waiting.” Rosé, being popular, along with her friends, has a lot of admirers, whether it be a boy or a girl. Everyone is just charmed and drawn to her. She has a distinct yet soothing voice, a visual, and a great personality, no wonder students fall for her.

 

“I know, but I don’t know how to start.” 

 

“Just make it casual. Or if you’re having a hard time asking her, then just ask one of her friends,” Nayeon suggested.

 

“Then they’d know that I like her, and then they’ll tell her.”

 

***

 

It had been almost 2 months since ______ realised that she might have a crush on Park Chaeyoung, or most commonly known as Rosé. _____ never cared about those popular girls and queenkas in her school, but it surprised her how Rosé was able to catch her attention through her voice. 

 

After the last class ended, _____ decided that she’s going to try and spark up a conversation with her crush today. 

 

“Did you see Rosé?” She asked one of her classmates when she noticed that Rosé and her group were already out of the classroom.

 

“I think she went to the primary music room.”

 

“Thanks.” _____ patted the shoulders of her classmate before heading to the said room.

 

_____ took a deep breath before slightly opening the door, checking if Rosé was there. 

 

 

“Come in,” A girl who had her back facing _____ said. Her voice was familiar, but _____ didn’t really bother to figure out who it was since she was busy looking around for Rosé, who doesn’t look like she’s there.

 

“How did you know I was here?” The girl turned around, it was Jennie, she stood up from the Piano and made her way in front of _____. The latter stood in confusion, but still answered, “I.. I didn’t know you were here.” _____ felt conscious under Jennie’s gaze, a gaze that seem to be saying something, but _____ couldn’t lay her finger on it.

 

Jennie crossed her arms, a small smirk forming on her lips. She would usually have that smug look in her face, which _____ hated, but thinks it kinda suits her.

 

“Then why are you here?” She asked, voicing her suspicions.

 

______ hesitated for a bit, worried that Jennie might find out about her crush on Rosé, but eventually decided to tell her. What’s the point of lying anyway? “I was actually… looking for Rosé”

 

Jennie somehow ignored what ______ said and took a step closer to her. “I saw you keep on glancing at me during lunch time, and even during classes. Do you like me?” The cockiness on the girl’s tone caused irritation on _____’s part but was more weirded out with what Jennie was saying.

“Huh? No.” _____ tried to recall a time when she glanced at Jennie, but nothing came up. As if a light bulb lit on top of her head, she thinks she understand where Jennie is coming from.

 

Jennie smiled, pretending to understand what ______ said, when she clearly didn’t. “Of course you’d say no. I mean, who would admit it in front of their crush, right? Why did I even ask?” She patted _____ head lightly, as if telling _____ that it was ‘okay’.

 

_____ didn’t know how to react. She contemplated whether she should say that Jennie is mistaken and tell her the truth since she wasn’t really looking for her but for Rosé.

 

“Really, it’s not what you think,” _____ tried explaining. The winks and waves Jennie’s been giving her since lunch time made sense to her now. 

 

“Then what is it?” The smirk on her face wouldn’t just disappear, irking _____. 

 

“Just!” ______ breathe in and out, calming herself and trying to be more patient, “It wasn’t you.” ______ had a hard time explaining when she can’t tell who she like, knowing that Jennie will tell Rosé if she finds out. _____ can’t let that happen. 

 

The latter went out of the room, not waiting for what Jennie’s going to say. _____ is not really interested. 

She thought that Jennie must’ve misunderstood since she happens to be always sitting next to Rosé. 

 

***

 

There was a suggestion from the internet that _____ saw last night. It says that if you can’t tell her your feelings personally, you can tell her through a letter. _____ concluded that girls, including herself, love handwritten letters, therefore she hoped that Rosé will like it. 

 

_____ inserted the paper in Rosé’s locker the next day, making sure no one sees her before she did. However, she didn’t write her name on it, thinking it’s better to see her reaction first before writing another letter with her name on it. 

 

“Nayeon-ah.” _____ went to sit beside her best friend, who was busy cramming with her homework.

 

“Hey.” Nayeon didn’t have the luxury of time to glance at her best friend as she started guessing the answers.

 

“I already placed it on her locker!” _____ told her excitedly, although she had to whisper, afraid that someone will hear their conversation. Gossips spread like wild fire in school. First one student hears it, and then the next day, everybody in school knows it.

 

Hearing what _____ said, nayeon placed down her pen and started shaking _____ shoulders, that she had to stop her best friend from completely shaking her brain.

 

“_____. Can we talk.” The voice behind them made Nayeon stop shaking _____, while the latter slowly stood up, not knowing why Jennie wanted to talk to her.

 

______ followed Jennie out of the classroom, suddenly feeling alert. Her mind was clouded with what ifs, making her think twice about complying to the other girl.

 

Jennie stopped at a empty hallway and read from a piece of paper that is all too familiar to _____.“I hope you have a good day:) Keep smiling! (you look very pretty when you smile)” A smirk made its way to Jennie’s lips while she showed _____ the paper. “Do you know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter