We broke up. Again.

Unicorns Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just to somehow compensate for the rosie angst last chapter

We Broke Up. Again.

I'm scared that I'll lose you

 

 

It’s hard for a relationship to work out when the two person involved are both hot headed, but somehow, _____ and Rosé was able to make their relationship running for a year and a half already, considering that they broke up three times during that one year and a half.

 

Lunch time was _____’s favourite time during the school day, actually, it’s everybody’s favourite time. ______ and Lisa waited for Chaeyoung to arrive at their table. The latter was still queuing for her lunch.

 

“I think I’m falling in love with…What’s the name again?… Oh! Nina ricci.” _____ placed down her fork and crossed her arms on the table, leaning forward to Lisa.

 

“The one I showed you last time?” The blonde girl raised an eyebrow.

 

“Uhuh.”

 

Lisa chuckled and shook her head. “I thought you said you didn’t like—-“

 

“Who the hell is Nina Ricci?!” 

 

The loud bang of the tray at their table startled the two, looking at the girl who had fire on her eyes.

 

Before the two can even answer her, Chaeyoung scoffed.“You know what? Don’t even talk to me. We're over.” She said, looking directly at her girlfriend, or now, ex-girlfriend.

 

“What just happened?” Lisa chuckled, a minute after Chaeyoung left.

 

“She just broke up with me because of Nina Ricci.” 

 

 

On the other hand, the raging chaeyoung sat at a bench and tried to calm down. She couldn’t accept the fact that her girlfriend was falling for somebody else. 

Curious as to what kind person her girlfriend replaced her with, Chaeyoung opened her phone and googled the name.

 

“I swear, she better be prettier than me.” Chaeyoung cursed under her breath as she waited for the site to load. 

 

The results left hanging, and her mind stopped working.

Not wasting anymore time, she went back to the cafeteria to say sorry. 

 

Chaeyoung felt embarrassed, and when she’s embarrassed, she would usually let her pride win and end up not apologising for her mistakes, but it’s different when it comes to _____. Chaeyoung wouldn’t waste any second to apologise if she knows she made a mistake.

 

Slowly, she approached _____, who was alone at the table.

 “_____.” She felt very ashamed that she mistook a fashion brand for someone _____ replaced her with.

 

“Yes?” _____ looked up from her phone, and smiled, as if she was waiting for Chaeyoung to come back.

 

“I was wrong. I’m sorry.” Biting her lip, Chaeyoung sat beside ______, who just chuckled at her girlfriend, and pulled her closer. She finds it cute whenever the other girl would realise her mistake and say sorry to her. She looked like a kid. 

 

“It’s fine. They should probably change their brand name right?” _____ joked, successfully making Chaeyoung laugh. 

 

They sat at the cafeteria in silence, with Chaeyoung leaning her head on _____’s shoulder. 

 

With a low voice, almost a whisper, Chaeyoung asked,“Why me?” 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Why did you choose me to be your girlfriend.” Knowing that _____ had a fair amount of admirers, Chaeyoung couldn’t help but wonder.

 

“My heart chose you, ask it.”

 

“Tch.” Chaeyoung snorted, pushing the other girl lightly. Her girlfriend’s cheesiness never failed to make her heart flutter.

 

 

 

It hadn’t been long after the couple broke up and made up, and now, they were in for another fight, again. 

 

“Who were you talking to earlier?” Chaeyoung had her arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed. She saw her girlfriend walking with some other girl that she doesn’t recognise.

 

“Jennie? She’s the treasurer of our club.” Shrugging, _____ continued to walk.

 

Chaeyoung stomped her feet, following her girlfriend. Strangers on the street looked at her like she was some kind of a spoiled brat, but it’s not like Chaeyoung cared.

“Ha! But why were you flirting with her?”

 

Stopping her tracks, ______ faced the girl beside her, looking as offended as ever. “Flir—- In what way was talking to her called flirting?”

 

“You kept on making jokes and smiling at her!” 

 

_____ scoffed and shook her head at the unbelievable excuse of the other girl. “You call that flirting?! This is what I don’t like about you! Everything that I do is either flirting or cheating for you!” She had been controlling her temper and had been trying hard to be understanding, but Chaeyoung was just too much to handle.

 

“So, what? Are you going to be break up with me?!” The raise of her voice, which was already high pitched to begin with, attracted attention to the people who were passing by.

 

“What? I didn’t even—“

 

“That’s what you want right?”

 

______ patience already reached its limit. “Goddamn it! fine! Suit yourself!” She strided away from Chaeyoung, who was left huffing with her arms still crossed. 

 

 

No matter how many times they argue and break up, the two are bound to feel wistful without the other. There’s this something inside their head and heart that kept bugging them to call and say sorry. 

 

And so, Chaeyoung, being the one who feels that she had a huge fault in the argument, picked up her phone and pressed _____’s number. 

 

Her phone call was answered in just one ring, making her lips form a smile, knowing that _____ was waiting for her to call.

 

“_____. I’m sorry. I was too caught up with my jealousy and misinterpreted your friendliness as flirting. I was just—-“

 

“I’m sorry too,” _____ cut her off. “I shouldn’t have been too friendly to her as others might misunderstand it.” 

 

“We’re back together right?” Chaeyoung asked, just to make sure. 

 

______ giggled at the question. After all the break ups they had, Chaeyoung just had to ask that now. “Of course.”

 

***

 

Jealousy is a feeling that keeps on following Chaeyoung around as if it was her shadow. She had easily been jealous of even the smallest simple actions concerning her girlfriend. But she wondered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter