▬ Mighty Long Fall

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---------------------------------------------------

[3rd POV]

It’s only been 2 weeks since her grandmother passed away. Being in Kyoto, Rei was put under so much pressure and the whirlwind emotions she was going through lately, which made something in her set off, and started heightening all her senses from hearing to seeing, and tasting, even smelling as well.

She thought that she was going insane. Somewhere in a book, Rei once read that depression and anxiety can do a lot to their mental health.

It was just another week, another day, trying to pull through after her grandmother’s passing. Most of all, trying to keep her head above water.

Rei was continuing her investigation on her parents’ death, including her grandfather, something pinpoint one another – however, she couldn’t put her finger on what exactly. She couldn’t focus all that well.

Putting the papers down, she propped her elbow on her late grandfather’s desk, tiredly running her hands over her face. Rei heaved a sigh. She wasn’t sure if the door to the office was opened or not, but she could hear voices coming from all over the place and it’s bugging the hell out of her.

When the traditional shoji door slide opened, Rei lost it, “Shut up!” Yet, she could still hear the voices in her head. Mark, Jackson, Yugyeom, and everyone who walked by looked concern.

“Do you want to go out and get some air?” Mark ask as carefully as he can.

Rei tried not to snapped and keep her anger at bay, breathing in and out “I’m fine. I just need to finish this.”

Another thing that’s been bugging her was the scratchy and discomfort feeling coming from her back. Shifting her shoulders uncomfortably, pain was evident on her face.

“Are you okay?” Jackson asked this time.

Rei clenched and unclenched her fist, breathing in and out again “I’m fine.” But that’s not when the pain truly kicked in from her spine.

A silent scream had Mark by her side “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know.” Was all that Rei could say.

Mark lifted Rei up in a bridal style and out of the front door, trying to get her to the infirmary. Everyone followed, but the second they left the office, Rei fell on the ground.

The bloodcurdling scream that escaped out of Rei’s mouth had everyone frozen in their place – gradually, her family gathered around to see all the fuss. Rei was on her knees, her body arching painfully before falling on all fours. She panted aggressively, then suddenly, the bones in her body contorted; shifting and arranging until she turned into a vulture size white raven.

The bird’s body lying lifeless on the ground before it got up on its feet and wobble around like a newborn. Rei must’ve been in shock for her to expand her wings as if looking at her human arms. And as if she wanted to scream, the bird let out a shrilly screech, making everyone fall on their knees whilst covering their ears.

When the bird saw what – it did to the people around her, she stopped. Soon, she started to panic. Not knowing what to do, she looks at Mark with confusion and frightened clear in her eyes.

“Calm down,” Mark said softly. And almo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter