▬ Time

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------------------------------------

[Rei]

Two weeks later…

“Grandma, I’m going out! Alone.” I announced from outside of my father’s former office, now owned by my grandmother.

Darius slid open the door, my grandmother sitting behind the desk looking elegant as always. Not a single look of tired was obvious on her face. Damn… I envy this woman.

“Where are, you going?” The woman asked.

“To town,” I already have the keys to my Jeep in hand.

The woman stare at me “Oh, this feels like a Déjà vu.” She exhales a slow heavy sigh through her nose “Why?”

“Meeting an old friend, at the Bolero Café. I’ll call if anything comes up.” I said.

“Call Tatsuki or Hiiro to accompany you.” She instructed. But I wasn’t hearing any of it.

I sighed silently, “Ba-chan, I’ll be fine. I promise you I can take care of myself. Haven’t I proved you that already?” A small smile made its way on my face “And please, don’t make them follow me. I will personally call you if my plan changes. Bye grandma, later Ari!”

Without listening to anything else, I exited the house, and hopped into my baby. A smile spread onto my face as I hear the engine roar to life. “I miss you too, buddy.” And without wasting anymore time, I step on the gas and headed into town.

Once I reached the Bolero café’s; I ordered one Iced Caramel Macchiato, and took a seat by the window and farther away from the entrance.

After waiting for 5 minutes, a familiar ash grey head entered the café, she was anxiously looking around the place. She almost looked frantic. Something’s wrong. When the said woman finally caught the sight of me, she marched towards me and pulled me to my feet “I need you to come with me, now! It’s urgent!”

My brows furrowed, “How urgent?”

“Life and death kind of urgent.” She replied.

For a second there, my heart stopped beating “Is it Mark?” Warily, I asked.

The girl suddenly turned quiet, but soon I followed her as she took me to her car and drove away from the town and into the familiar nature.

It was only within 25 minutes’ drive from the town to the Raven Ash’s pack, “We’re here!” Miyu said. Why does she sound excited? However, I nodded my head brusquely, suddenly feeling unsure about this anymore.

“You’ll be fine,” She said calmly.

I chuckled nervously “Yeah, but I don’t think they are, after what I said the last time I was here.”

She shook her head “No, they’re understanding bunch of guys, if you don’t know. They admitted that what Hana did to provoke you was wrong.” We talked while walking.

They don’t know that she’s dead, do they? “Is she here?” I asked out of curiosity, just wanting to know the truth as to what led him to throw her out.

It was quick, but I caught on a flash of discomfort in Miyu’s feature as I mentioned the deceased girl. “Miyu,” I stopped both of us from nearing the house “What happened?”

She heaved a sigh “Hana’s dead, well, more like banished from here. I’m not sure about her being dead, but she’s dead to us.” I was right! Miyu answered my lingering question “And to answer your next question… She betrayed Mark, used him for her advantage.”

“What do you mean betrayed him?” I asked.

Miyu pressed her lips together into a grim line “She was a witch-hybrid and a double agent. She was working for someone, who we’re still trying to find. She also used him to go against you.” Well, that much I know. But, double agent? Now, that’s new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter