▬ Sleepwalker

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-------------------------------------------------

[3rd POV]

The third night of the full moon was haunting and cold. Everyone had gone to sleep, when suddenly “Mark,” She whispered his name in his dream “I want you to find me, and save me.” She said before disappearing into the clearing, a waterfall running into streams in front of him, the only source of light guiding him was the moonlight shining down on a girl who’s standing by the riverbank.

Mark jolted up from his sleep as he felt his wolf standing on all fours, his wolf suddenly awoke and on guard before he screamed “She’s calling!” He was surprised at the sudden appearance from his wolf, but frowned at what he had said when gradually understanding what the wolf meant “Our mate’s subconscious are calling us.” His wolf said once more. With wobbly legs, Mark left his bed, exiting the house as quiet as a mouse and sniff the air around him, trying to find where she was exactly.

When he caught the faint raspberry vanilla scent in the air, he followed where it led him, by a waterfall not far from the former Kawaguchi residence. And few adventurous people would know of this place.

It’s been a week since he last saw her, it was only because whenever he’s around at her house, she’d avoid him and lock herself up in her father’s office.

Her grandmother would tell him that Rei was preparing herself. Preparing for what, Mark wasn’t sure, but he would keep his guard up in case something happens.

There she was, standing by the riverbank looking straight ahead on the shimmering surface of the river, with arms folded in front of her, and letting her hair sway back and forth as the wind continued playing around her. She doesn’t seem affected by the coldness at all. What is this girl made of? Normal human would already shiver as the cold seeped through their skin and bones. But, this girl, stood still as if nothing’s bothering her.

She must’ve been too deep in thought to not realize someone else was there with her. This could easily get her kill. A mere image of her bloody and torn apart tightened his chest in discomfort.

As Mark stood beside her, a twig beneath his feet snapped. Triggering the girl’s quick reflex, swinging her right arm to where he was. If he hadn’t been faster and stopped her, he would have a dagger pierced through his throat.

When the image before her cleared out, the lines on her forehead lessened, the frown on her feature relaxed, the death grip she had on the dagger loosened, and most of all the hard gaze in her eyes softened.

She moved slightly away from him, looking distraught and confused, but the question that left her lips was certain “What are you doing here?” Her eyes continue to run from top to bottom, making sure that her vision wasn’t deceiving her, before focusing back onto the river in front of her.

“In my sleep… You told me to find you.” He said with gentleness in his voice.

Rei kept quiet as she thought that she must’ve let her mind drifted too far away for her liking.

“When you left, I thought that you’re gone, again…”

The serenity of the night took over again, until, “I was,” There was a long pause in between “For a long time.”

Mark understand what she meant. Metaphorically saying, she said in a sense even before what happened years back.

“How did you survive?”

She let the wind talk amongst each other first before she could “I didn’t… I was simply reincarnated with the little fight I have left in me and was brought back here.”

“Do you feel any different now?”

She shook her head “No – it feels much worse.”

“Why?”

She sighed “Because I lost someone I should’ve cherished the most.”

“You can always return and apologize till they come back.”

She shook her head once more, “That’s impossible.”

“Why not?” His voice soft, but wary.

“One would never return no matter how much one wishes. It’s a one-way trip, there’s no turning back this time.” There was a sudden edge to her voice. It wasn’t too cryptic for Mark to understand. He knew that she was talking about her grandfather.

“I’m sorry,”

She scoffed coldly “What good does a simple sorry do? It doesn’t lessen the pain nor the guilt, it doesn’t do anything. It means nothing. Sympathizing someone who’s lost something priceless is useless.” He could feel the venom, loath, and hate she feels towards herself. It was immensely draining the little light she once possessed.

He wants to save her from this darkness she’s consuming herself with, but how can he do that when she’s pushing away every positive thing coming at her.

“Do you know who’s behind it?” Suddenly, he could see the fire in her eyes.

“I might have a clue, but there’s no evidence strong enough to prove it.” She said almost tiredly.

“You need to sleep,” He said, concern obvious in his tone “You look tired.”

She scowled at the boulder on the opposite riverbank, “I’m fine.” was what she said.

But despite how dimly the moonlight shone upon them, Mark could see the paleness of her face, and the tiny droplets of cold sweat forming on her forehead and the side of her face. He could hear the shallowness of her breathing, and the uncomfortable heat seeping from the pores of her skin. She has a fever, high fever, he supposed.

It seemed that he had predicted that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter