▬ Thing We Lost In The Fire

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------------------------------------------

April 17th - [3rd POV - Raven Ash Pack]

Two months have passed in a blur, especially after that black envelope, the pack members were informed to keep their guards up. There was now a curfew, and security was on top notch. Mark didn’t want to risk anything or anyone – better safe than sorry.

“Do you think she would return after all these years?” Mark asked Miyu, who was cautiously watching him.

The girl sighed doubtfully, “Knowing her, you can’t put a bet on it. She’s unpredictable. But despite all that, we need to have some faith.” She said with a soft smile on her face.

“Anything?” Mark inquired tiredly at Jaebum who just entered the office room. He held onto the desk for dear life. Day by day, the rejection was taking a toll on him, real hard, especially on his wolf.

It’s been three years since Mark last felt Rei’s heartbeat beating faintly through the sole bond-link he has with her. Mark will die if no one could find her, literally, he’s hanging on a single thread of life right now.

The only reason he could live till this day is because of determination and the medicine Bambam’s mother had made for him to restore his strength, but he’d have to take it every morning, afternoon and night.

Jaebum shook his head, looking defeated and worried at the same time.

Mark couldn’t give up on her. They can’t give up. He knows that he broke her once, and he doesn't tend on doing it again. Mark figured that his friends and family think that she’s a goner, but he has hope because he knows that his Rei will fight through everything. She can’t be dead.

What he felt three years ago was the closest feelings he gets to death, he literally felt her heart stopped. Mark couldn’t confirm anything, but somehow few months after the close to death experience, he had felt a faint emotion coming from her. He wasn’t sure if that was her because he’s been on meds since then to ease his aching pain, his wolf was slowly yet agonizingly dying.

If the wolf in him dies before he could make sure that Rei is still alive, all the hard work he put into finding their mate will go down the drain. But because his wolf was also hanging on that sliver of a thread, Mark’s senses were limited and all become faint from feeling, smelling, etc.

“Keep searching, keep asking, and keep making sure,” Mark instructed.

Jaebum sighed sympathetically. Mark didn’t need that right now, he just needs them to find her – alive and well.

But not a moment later, “Mark!” He heard Jackson screaming his name from outside of the house. What now?

The said person came trudg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter