▬ Requiem

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------------------------------------------------

[3rd POV]

A week and a half later, Asuki Kawaguchi returned from Kyoto. Yet, Rei remained to spend her time and research at Mark’s pack.

Rei was in the middle of going through her searches, when suddenly her mind faded away for a split second – but came back seconds after with only one thing in mind; kill Mark Tuan. It was as if she’s been possessed by an entirely different being.

Glancing around the room, she got up, and headed towards the exit. Turning left, into the hallway of the pack’s house, Rei stalked in the direction of the door at far end of the hall which lead to the house’s basement.

Someone must’ve forgotten to lock the door because all the weapons are stock in the basement for safety purpose, afraid that kids might go downstairs and play with them.

Rei opened the door and went down into the basement, going to the corner of the room, she found a dagger. Perfect.

Clasping her palm over the dagger, she dragged the sharp metal against her skin, drawing quite amount of blood whilst mumbling a spell casted on the dagger. Once done, she went on to find her target.

After searching for him, there he was in the middle of the training ground, alone. Or at least, that’s what she thought she saw.

Mark’s back was facing her. Rei eyed Mark like a predator, she pulls out the dagger from behind her, and aggressively marched towards him.

Standing just behind him, Rei had tightened her grip on the hilt, bringing the dagger in the air. The possessed Rei was opted on doing this, there was no turning back now.

Everything was already set in motion; the dagger was inches away from plunging into his neck. When suddenly, a shrill scream brought everyone out of their reverie. “Alpha!” A little girl shriek frighteningly before Mark.

Any seconds wasted, he would’ve been a goner. But because of the girl’s quick warning, Mark had the time to turn around and stopped Rei. Grabbing onto both of her arms, violent look flashed in her eyes, she didn’t look like herself – her eyes are void of colors except the color of pure darkness.

Mark could see how empty and cold her eyes were, that it startled him, sending chills down his spine. He knew then that this wasn’t Rei.

“Rei! Wake up!” Mark barked. With the way, Rei continue to still have the dagger in her hand, and the unhuman like strength she’s exerting, this is obviously not Rei.

By now, some of the pack members have hoarded around Mark and Rei. Half of them tried pulling Rei away, while the other half was helping their Alpha.

“Get her grandmother! Now!” He ordered. With an exasperate groan, he growled at his pack members to let the girl go “Move.” Taking a deep breath, he let her arms go, and moved around her.

Rei’s eyes followed where he was going, and charged towards him like a raging bull, with the dagger in hand.

“Rei Shin Kawaguchi!” Asuki belted out her granddaughter’s name. “Stop!” The finality in the woman’s voice was heard to make Rei’s entire-self immobile. The girl’s gaze sharply fleet over to the elder one, her eyes almost in the shade of red.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter