▬ Hold Me Down

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------------------------------------------

[3rd POV]

Mark seemed to be more at ease today, though he’s still taking a few cautionary steps, however, he’s better than yesterday.

The second he woke up from sleep, he couldn’t help but admire his queen, his mate – how proud he is of her, and that he promises to stand by her side forever.

Mark wore his mark confidently and proud. Jackson, Yugyeom, and Nala congratulate the couple for completing the bond.

The entire house soon followed up with the news of Rei and Mark finally being one. But one person didn’t find the news very pleasing.

By lunch, the last clan Rei postponed yesterday are on their way over to make or break the alliance that’s been built for the past centuries.

“It’s our last day here, so, who are we meeting?” Jackson spoke, curious.

“A very long time ally of my grandfather.”

Yugyeom look around for possible eavesdropper “Can we trust him? I mean, can you?”

Taking a sharp inhale, Rei tilted her head from side to side, as a sign of uncertainty. “We’ll see how this meeting goes, and we’ll judge from that.”

Not long after that, she sees a group of men following behind Dazai into the spacious dining room. Discreetly, Rei took a deep breath, her eyes never leaving the young man walking behind the old man who was walking straight towards her.

She shouldn’t crumble out of fear because that’s not what her grandfather taught her. This is her territory, her house, and they’re the one who should crumble down to their knees, begging for her mercy.

Dazai stood between them looking like an interpreter, smiling, and glancing around nervously over the obvious hostility in the air.

“You have a cold exterior for a beautiful girl such as yourself.” The leader of the Mamushi clan said.

Rei remained impassive, she almost wanted to throw a snide comment towards this old man. Is he flirting with me? She thought.

The young male behind the old one continues to stare at Mark and the rest of the boys down but tries to analyze Rei.

He flinched when Rei glanced at him momentarily. How tough? Rei scoffed to herself.

“Are we here to talk business or are you in search for a bride?” Rei glanced at the young man again “Perhaps for you grandson?”

“Oh, so, you’ve been informed.” The old man smirked.

Rei returned the smug look “I don’t have a right-hand man for nothing, Mamushi-san.”

“You speak so well, dear child –” The old man faked a look as if he hadn’t meant to offend Rei, “I mean, Rei Oyabun.”

Bowing his head slightly “I apologize for that. But can I just say, your grandfather raised you well.” He praised after he blatantly insulted me.

Rei smiled sweetly, but venomous “Something he did right that you can’t seem to pass down.” She shot back.

His face suddenly hardened, which satisfied Rei to the fullest.

Dazai who stood in the middle of all these laughed nervously. “All right, let’s have a seat and drink some tea. Yeah?”

“Is that how you show respect to an elder?” The young male spoke for the first time. Adding more tension into the air.

Mark growled out of disapproval of the male disrespecting his queen.

Rei smirked “Respect is to be earned and gain solely by how one treats another human being. If one is an – does one deserve that respect? Or just one tuck tail between the legs and bow one’s head out of fear?”

Amid the utter silence. “Where have that old lunatic hide you?” The Oyabun of Mamushi clan spoke with amusement clear in his voice and eyes.

“He didn’t hide me – I was the one who kept myself away from things such as this,” Rei replied nicely.

The old man nodded his head in understanding “I know what you mean, I was once like you as well. These things are a nuisance, but it’s my responsibility now. And as the Oyabun of Mamushi clan, I will continue to join force and be in an alliance with the Kawaguchi clan.” He stretched out his arm for a handshake to seal the deal.

“Isn’t that too western, Mamushi-san?” Rei eyes his hand, still hanging between them.

He smiled “You are one sharp raven.” With one click of his fingers, his men stepped forward with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter