▬ Everything in Its Right Place

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----------------------------------------------------------

[Rei]

“I’m sure you’re already aware of the Kawaguchi’s dark history, and how we’ve come to evolve over the years as new generation grows. And that we’re a were-creature as well.” She stared me right in the eyes, cautiously waiting for my respond.

I could only nod my head.

She sighed lightly “And I’m probably sure that your grandfather had told you something of what we really do to survive?”

“Enough to not go on killing spree,” I gave her a tight smile.

My grandmother laughed “You still got your wits, I miss that.” She caresses my cheek. “But, that’s good. At least, you know something. You should always remember that we’re not the bad guys here. We hide track and traces of supernatural beings from hunters. We covered every loophole and blind side we see fit because we’re born protector.”

“Were-ravens are protector to the supernatural beings. We build a bridge of relationship between creatures like them, us, and humans. To live in peace. Everyone deserves their freedom – no one should live in fear.” Suddenly, her face soured. “There are those we can trust, and those we need to cut ties, even those who share the same blood. Betrayal can happen anywhere at any time, especially right in front of you, but you have to know the game to know the player.”

She smiled tightly at me “I don’t know if your grandfather has told you this. But if he did, I’m just going to remind you. Remember when you came back from visiting your Southern grandparents? You said that they only told you that you’re a protector?”

I nodded my head in respond.

“Well, you are one. You’re protecting those boys and the Raven Ash Pack from being harm by humans that are much monstrous than them. You should also know that Ravens and wolves are meant to walk side by side, we don’t fight useless battles – we fight together.”

My eyes widened, my mouth was ajar, wanting to say something but it feels impossible.

The lady chuckled at my expression “Oh, yes. I know who those boys are.” She smiled at me “The first time they stepped foot in your grandfather’s house, I knew exactly who they were. And I also know that they mean no harm, especially that Mark boy. I’ve met his grandparents, father, and even him, when he was just a small boy, along with his mother and sisters.”

“What surprised us was when we found out that he’s your soulmate.” She wiggled her eyebrow teasingly.

I harrumphed, “Grandma,” I grunted “Did you also know that we broke up until recently?”

She gave me a sad smile “I do. Your grandfather and I felt – no, feel so guilty about it. Because we know that we’re mainly the reason. And we’re so sorry.”

I shook my head with a soft smile on my lips “It’s all right, ba-chan. Things happen for a reason.”

She nodded her head sadly “He’s also foolish for a boy his age, yes, but everyone makes mistake Rei.” She sighed once more.

Taking a sip of her tea, the lady asked “You remember when you fell unconscious after the first tattooing ritual you had?”

I tilted my head side to side, “So-so. Why? What’s it got to do with what we’re talking now?” I inquire.

She gave me another tight smile “It has everything to do with the first mark your grandfather placed on you. Honey, we may not be a witch or part of witches’ blood, but every ritual we do are of magic and spells. Your first raven mark was another bind besides the fact that you have our blood running in you. Not only the mark protects you but it also makes you stronger, faster, agile, sharp, lethal. It makes you the perfect protector.” The woman explained.

“Didn’t you noticed how you could sense, feel, hear, smell, see things differently? Precisely at night.”

Huh… Must be another reason why the rest of my family hates me.

While I was busy deep in m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter