▬ Human

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-----------------------------------------------

[Rei]

The lady opened the door just as she did with her arms, welcoming me back in her embrace. “Luna Rei, welcome home.”

“Please, just Rei. No Luna. But, thank you.” I returned her gesture, and smiled as best that I can.

She nodded her head, understanding. “Come, come in. I know you have a lot of questions, or so I heard.”

I narrowed my eyes at her “Are you trying to read me again? Or did Mark tell you that?”

“Both,” Bambam’s mother chuckled as she led me to her personal office. “You’re still hard to read, my dear. But, I can say this, your aura’s change to shades of lighter color.”

Huh? I wonder why? Could it be him? I frowned to myself. Impossible – or is it not? Shooing the thought away, I kept my focus on one thing. My purpose for coming here was to finish what we talked about 3 years ago

“Ask your questions away. I’ll answer them as best as I can.” Mrs. Nala a.k.a Bambam’s mother, said.

Taking a seat, I started “Remember when you told me that if A rejected B, the only broken bond link is A, so that makes it one side of the rejection severed. Easier to say, single-sided broken. I still don’t quite understand what you meant.”

The lady nodded her head as she processes this. “I think this is what I forgot to mention when Mark interrupted us.” She sighed before continuing “You see, to complete the process. Mark needs to accept your rejection.”

I must’ve look like a deer in a headlight for her to pat my arm in reassurance. “Don’t worry, we understand. I think Mark could’ve approached the situation in a better way, but then again, things happen for a reason.” She said in soft and sympathetic voice

“Okay, let’s just lay the cards on the table.” I let out a few shaky breaths before quickly composing myself, and ask “Say that Mark got badly injured, so does the broken bond affect him?”

Mrs. Nala nodded once more “Yes, it weakens him even more, and eventually he will die. It’s different when the bond was still intact, he can heal on his own. However, with broken bonds – they’re as good as dead. Though, the only plus side of being rejected and not accept it, is that they can heal when their mate is around. It helps them manually, the injuries heal, but it takes time.”

“He’s dying because he didn’t accept my rejection.” I summarized. The room was quiet for a moment, until “Can it be fix? The broken bond?”

Heaving a sigh “It can, but it’s a give and take transaction kind of procedure.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter