▬ Take Me Home

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-------------------------------------------------

[3rd POV]

Waking up the next day with a clear head and actually nothing to worry about, totally made Rei’s day, but to say that she regretted the spontaneous trip, no-ing-way.

After taking a shower, a floral knee-length pastel lime color dress laid beautifully on her bed. As she picked it up and brought it to her body, she could smell her mother’s sweet spring scent. Her heart swelled, this was her mother’s dress.

She could just imagine how beautiful her mother would look in it. A flashback of her mother wearing a royal blue long skirt with pale pink blouse from her childhood brought a smile to her face, her mother was a beautiful woman. No wonder why her father was smitten over the said woman.

Rei remembered how, even when she looked away for a second, her father would sneak a kiss on the woman’s cheek, sometimes on the lips. And her mother’s eyes would glimmer in happiness. If that’s what happiness looks like, Rei wants it, badly.

As Rei contemplated on whether to wear the dress or not, she ended putting it on. Because A; she didn’t have any other clothes with her. And, B; she feels like if she wears what her mother had worn in the past, it would perhaps bring her closer to her mother.

Once she was done drying her hair, she slipped her converse in, and made her way downstairs. The smell of waffles, eggs, toast, and hot chocolate engulfed her like a warm hug. Rei quickened her pace and found herself grinning at the entrance of the kitchen as she saw her grandmother stacking waffles on her plate.

“I love you so much!” As soon as Rei said that, the kitchen fell into an astonishing silence - still, it was the comfortable type.

The lady then followed the line of sight before frowning, rather playfully “Oh, so, you love me when I stack your plates with food.”

Laughing her way to her seat, Rei pecked a kiss on the woman’s cheek and one on her grandfather’s. “Good morning,”

They returned the girl’s gesture with a soft smile playing on their face. Her grandfather spoke first, “You look just like your mother, beautiful.” He placed a gentle kiss on her temple as he went to refill his cup of coffee.

Before Rei’s grandmother took the seat beside her husband, she went to put the frying pan back on the stove. “You and I are going shopping today.” Her grandmother announced excitedly.

Rei was going to argue and protest, but the lady shot her down faster than any bullets in the world. “Need I remind you that you didn’t bring any clothes over, and I don’t want you making scandal by running around town .”

Looking disgusted, Rei stare at her grandmother, gaping “Why in the hell would I run around town, , precisely. Doing what actually?” Adding a scowl on her face to make her point that she was annoyed and felt somewhat victimized by her own grandmother.

“Okay, I exaggerated a little, but I want some bonding time with my granddaughter. Can’t an old woman like me have that?” Now, she’s being dramatic.

Rei squinted her eyes at the woman “A little? Really, grandma? That exaggeration wasn’t a little.” With a sigh, she shoved the forkful of cut waffles into “I guess, we could. But we’re not shopping for an entire year worth of clothing.”

“Yes!” She clapped her hands gleefully like a high school girl.

Rei turned her gaze to her grandfather “Want to come, grandpa?”

Suddenly, he winced as his wife narrowed her eyes at him. Chuckling nervously, he replied “Uh, thank you for the invitation, but I’ve got work to do – like, brewing a new batch of healing tea for the former Luna, who’s recovering from being poisoned with wolfsbane.

Rei’s ears and interest perked up, glancing between her grandparents “Former Luna? Poisoned? Wolfsbane? Why?”

Ever since she knows a few necessary things to know about supernatural creatures, such as werewolves, conversations like this wouldn’t go unspoken or unexplained. She must know, she needs to know.

Rei’s grandparents went on and explained that a sister to the former Luna, poisoned the woman with Wolfsbane, because of a feud that they never resolve. And the sister got her punishment, which was death.

“Since we’re talking about the former Luna and what not. Whose territory does this town belong to?”

“Silver Creek pack.” Her grandparents said in unison.

“And the Alpha?”

“A young Alpha –” The lady paused as she stared straight at Rei “Lee Soohyuk.”

Why does that name sound familiar? Rei’s brows furrowed in uncertainty, and it seems as if her grandparents caught the change of her demeanor.

“You’ve met him.” Her grandmother said, continuing “3 years ago, after the bonfire gathering?”

Rei raked her brains out for this memory she doesn’t seem to recall, until, she remembered the highlight of that day when she felt her inside churned and raged with pain. “Oh,” was all she said. Whatever happened was all under the influenced of alcohol. She doesn’t even remember how he looks like. But depending on the occasion, sometimes she’d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter