▬ Rise

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-------------------------------------------

[3rd POV]

“Jackson, do you know where Mark is?” Rei questioned before they shift.

Bleakly shaking his head, he said, “But, hopefully, one of the pack members will tell me where he and the rest of them are when we get there.”

That eases the tangled knots in her gut a little. Hopefully one of them will do so because she will wreak havoc and madness on them if they fail to find Mark.

“Is the potion enough for you to change back?” She asked to make sure.

He nodded his head with a small smile.

“Let’s go!” She said with finality in her voice and shift into her second skin.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arriving there, they found Jaebum and the rest. And the first thing Rei said was “Where’s Mark?”

Everyone turned dead silent.

Her face hardened at the sudden quietness from them. “You’re all here, but none of you know where he is.” Her voice low “What happened to being able to mind link?”

“We tried to communicate with him, but he wouldn’t respond.” 

Rei frowned, suspicious. She looks around “Can you guys mind link one another?”

It looked as if they were trying to communicate with each other through their mind, and they looked frustrated by it.

“No,” Jinyoung said.

Huffing in annoyance “There’s magic here, blocking off all the pack’s mind link to one another.” Rei eyed something behind Bambam “Is that my Katana?”

The boy nodded his head with a small smile. “My mother said that you’d be here, so…” He handed Rei her weapon.

“Thank you, Bam. Remind me to thank your mother as well.” She slung the Katana behind her before telling the boys to stay strong and not give up “I’m going to look for Mark.”

The boys looked tired, almost about to give everything up. And it pained Rei to watch them like this. A little encouragement would maybe help these boys.

“I know things didn’t look well between Mark and me, but putting all of that aside,” She paused for a moment “Have faith in me, I need you guys to trust me. I’ll bring the head of the one who’s caused this madness to you on a silver platter.” The determination was clear in her eyes. 

Gaining speed on her feet, Rei jumped in the air and shifted into a raven. Flapping her white wings in the air, she soars up high in the sky, looking at everything happening below her with her bird eye – it was chaos.

If she doesn’t do something, they’re all going to die. Tilting her beak in the air, she screeches loudly, calling all the other ravens for help. Unlike werewolves and the general species of wolves, they don’t get along. But with the raven, the normal raven looks up to the were-raven as their Alpha.

Rei flew across the sky, trying to find Mark. This place was bigger from that in her dreams. Flying a bit more, she finally saw him, but he was fighting against the wanted man she’s been looking for.

Across the distance, she saw flocks of ravens flying towards her. Rei screech again, commanding them to attack the rogues. A flock is better than alone.

Amidst ordering them what to do, she was caught off guard when an arrow shot through the tip of her right wing. Tumbling down from the air, she quickly shifted back to human as she was seconds away from falling on the ground.

Her right arm bleed, getting up on her feet, she draws out her Katana from her back and attacks the man who shot the arrow.

Rei swung the Katana with resentment following her and cut the rogue in two. She can’t waste any more time.

Pushing herself to her limit, she runs as fast as she could, she can’t risk having his blood on her hand as well. It’ll be too much to bear and she might lose her sanity. Rei wouldn’t know what she’d do if he dies. She feels that it’s going to be her fault again. Finally, she realizes how much she needs him in her life. Rei runs with all her might, passing those who continue to battle for their lives. There was only one thing in her mind that has been haunting her for the passing hours, and it was losing him would mean losing herself all over again.

A numbing pain engulfed through her chest, halting in her steps. Rei couldn’t help it but screamed his name “Mark!”

There, before her, in all these chaos, she sees him fighting for his life. He was badly injured to the point where he can’t stand properly anymore.

Rei picks up her pace once more, and bulldozer into his opponent. She may be a half human, but she can fight just as good as these werewolves.

There were so many people blocking her path, Rei jumped in the air and shifted. She needs to get to him now.

In the midst of flying 300 feet up in the air, Rei unexpectedly shifted back to human, leaving her for a free fall as another wave of agonizing pain in her chest rattles her mind from thinking clearly. Mark! She thought.

Rei screamed “Mark!” gaining fear over the pain that has disallowed her to shift back from falling to her death was terrifying. Her earsplitting, spine-chilling cry for her mate echoed throughout the entire town – immobilizing everyone on their spot.

Closing her eyes out of dread of watching herself fall to her demise, but suddenly every memory she’s ever made with the people she loves flashes through her mind. The last of the memories that slide in was before she leaves for Kyoto, Mark holding her close, and gave her a parting kiss before telling her to stay safe, and that he loves me.

All of a sudden, something deep in her alight, feeling herself slowly descend from her fall – almost like floating before feeling the earth beneath her feet.

Carefully opening her eyes, she saw the look at everyone gave her; some of them were taken aback, while some had the look of admiration and respect on their face, but a little of them looked frightened. Unexpectedly, in the middle of the war, everyone was their knees. Those who were shaking with fear fall flat on the ground, begging and pleading her for mercy.

Up in the air, above Rei, flocks of ravens flying in a circle, cawing at each other which only she can understand. “My Queen, we are with you.” One of the ravens spoke directly to her.

What Rei didn’t understand, was the situation itself. Apart from almost losing her life moments ago, and having no clue whatsoever to how she had survived. She remembers that she needs to find Mark in this mass of people.

Glancing back up to the ravens above her, she whispered words only they recognize, “Find Alpha Mark.”

They flew across the field and almost too soon, they circled at one spot in the air – screeching at Rei that they’ve found her mate.

Looking around the bloodied crowd, her sharp eyesight falls upon her handsome mate whose now skin as pale as the dead.

Rei runs but within seconds, without thinking of shifting, her own body changed into her white raven. It was a crossing river distance and she wants nothing more but to be by his side.

Reaching to his lifeless side, she shifted back and fell on both of her knees. Unbeknownst, tears rolled off her ash smudged face.

“Mark,” She started softly, her eyes wandered his body and found the injury, blood gushing out nonstop. This can’t happen! He’s a werewolf. An Alpha! He should be healing by now. Unless, if the wound inflicted was by silver, pure silver.

Rei sobbed uncontrollably. She found everyone’s eyes on her; rage filled her entire being “Capture the rogues and find Haruma Kawaguchi! Now” Rei’s roar of order boomed around the area. Picturing a mental image of how the vile man looks like, only to rile me up even more. And it was as if they saw what went through my head, they barked orders to one another and fled to different directions.

“Stay awake, please. Mark!” She shook his head “I need you, so please do everything you can and stay awake.”

His body slowly limping into her arms, making it a little hard for her to bear him, “Mark, no, wake up! Please!” Rei shook his body harder, “Wake up!”

Her hand unconsciously lay upon his chest; she could feel the pace of his heart declining – he’s dying. “Wake up, Mark! You can’t leave me too. Stay awake, for me, please. I can’t lose you.” Her voice shook.

The next words leaving surprised her, but rest assures, she meant it. “I love you,” Her tears fell on his cheek “I need you to get up so I can tell you that myself.” Taking a shaky deep breath, she begs “Please,”

Gently, she sealed a kiss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter