▬ Sweet Dreams

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--------------------------------------------------

[3rd POV]

As soon as they hit touch down, they wasted no time and travel up North to the Asahikawa town. The traveling part was easy and done. But now, finding the witch, Akaena, wasn’t in the instruction of how to.

Seeming that Asuki never or forgot to describe how the witch looks like, Mark and his boys are left blinded to find her in this town with a population of 2500 people in them.

“How are we going to find her in this constricted amount of time, Mark?” Jackson addressed the elephant in the room whilst scanning around the place for possible ‘Akaena’.

Heaving a sigh, Mark pushed the negative thoughts to the back of his head, and calmly he said, “We’re going to have to ask the people around.”

“Really? I mean, don't witches like to live in places deep in the woods where no one knows she or he exists?” Yugyeom stated his worries.

Jackson had to roll his eyes at how stupid this young pup just sounded. “You have officially insulted and stereotyped all witches together from that Hansel and Gretel version of witches.”

The boy’s face flushed, gaping “No – I mean,”

Chuckling lightly, Mark patted the former’s back “It’s all right, I understand. But it wouldn’t hurt to ask.” He looks around the town which are bustling with life “If no one knows of her, then we’ll have to use our wits and senses.”

Spreading out to a different place, these three men asked the townspeople about the witch. And all under in an hour of search, everyone’s answers were the same – they have no clue of who Akaena is. That, or they’re lying.

Mark, Jackson, and Yugyeom are werewolves – so, one jump from your heartbeat, they know you’re lying.

Okay, so, everyone in this town knows about Akaena but refused to give out her whereabouts. Because, obviously, they’re strangers.

Taking a deep breath, Mark tilted his head towards the faint view of the moon in the daylight, and prayed “Moon Goddess, if you can hear me, please! I beg you, give me a hint, or anything to guide me to that witch Akaena.” He whispered against the subtle wind playing around.

Suddenly, like a scene from a movie – a bell hanging above the entrance door rings. Not far from where he stood, there was herbs and natural medicine store busy with elder customers going in and out of the building.

Glancing back at the moon, Mark smiled before offering his gratitude. Quickly, he gathered the boys with him, and three of them headed over to the store.

Upon entering, he couldn’t help the uneasy feeling storming up in his gut. Pushing the feeling aside, he waited for the last customer to leave before he asks the woman behind the cashier the same question he’s asked these townspeople.

Jackson and Yugyeom discreetly scanned through the store, just in case. Mark, on the other hand, lead the mission. With a friendly smile on his face, he faces this woman in her mid-20’s “Good afternoon,” He started.

“Good afternoon, how can I help you?” She replied with the same smile on her face

Mark cleared his throat as he’s approaching the matter, praying that this is it. “Is there a woman by the name Akaena living in this town?”

The smile she had on early suddenly vanished as she quickly puts on her guard “Who wants to know?”

This is a new respond! Mark knew he’s close. “Someone known as Shin. She’s in danger, and she needs Akaena’s help, now.”  

Her brows raised in surprised yet worried was evident on her face “Take me to her.” Grabbing her stuff, she flipped the sign on her door to ‘Closed’ and locked the building behind her before asking the men to lead her to the fallen raven.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hovering her hands over Rei’s chest, Eunsuh tried searching for any lingering presence of her granddaughter – thankfully, there is, though it feels like a fragment only.

“How long have she been like this?” Yongsuk asked Asuki with a scowl on his aging face.

Rei has been unresponsive ever since she apologized to her grandmother on yesterday’s evening. “Since the eve of yesterday.”

“She’s still here, but it’s faint.” Eunsuh said, removing herself from the edge of the bed.

Ever since Rei went on a sudden comatose, Asuki thought it was best to move her granddaughter to the infirmary room. Despite her wrists still being in shackles, at least, she has a bed.

“Can you unchain her? Rei’s not a monster.” Eunsuh stated with tears b in her eyes. The couple have only arrived two hours earlier, and the second they saw the state Rei’s in, the lady has been crying ever since.

Asuki shook her head “As much as I want to, I can’t. I can’t let her risk everyone’s lives here. There’s something else in her that’s turning Rei into a monster.”

“Well, when is that witch, getting here?!” Slowly, Eunsuh was starting to get impatient. “We let Rei be in your care, how could you let this happen to her? You’re supposed to be taking good care of her – how did this happen under your watch?” Sounding like a protective mother, she was spitting venom at anyone or anything that crosses her path “She wouldn’t have gotten hurt if she lived with us. But as far as I can see it, she’s been going through nothing but hurt and heartache under your roof. What are you people doing with her?”

Grandpa Yongsuk stood in the middle of the ladies, holding on his wife. He isn’t one to object to the things she said because they’re all true, but he knows that this wasn’t the right time to be at each other’s throat. They’re all here for their granddaughter.

Taking a seat at the edge of the bed, close enough to his only granddaughter, he clasped his hand with her “Rei, if you can hear me, I need you to fight through this and live. Please, you’re stronger than that thing growing in you. So, fight it with everything you can. I love you, we all love you, and we need you back.”

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arriving at the Raven Ash’s pack, it was around 1 in the morning. 

Sensing that the Alpha’s returned, Jaebum mind link him, telling him that they’re in the infirmary. Mark didn’t have time to question why, instead they headed over in a swift.

“What happened?” Mark asked Jaebum the second they stepped in the room.

In a blink of an eye, Akaena stood beside Rei’s bed, as if examining Rei with her eyes. Asuki, on the other hand, assured both Yongsuk and Eunsuh not to worry of their new guest.

“Right after you left, Rei fell unconscious, and she hasn’t woken up since then.” Jaebum informed, worried eyes glancing between his future Luna and his Alpha.

Mark said nothing but nodded his head, understanding how grave the situation is. “How is she?” He inquires his newly acquaintance, Akaena.

A single sigh of distress from the witch brought everyone to their feet “She’s barely hanging on.” Tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter