▬ Windswept

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----------------------------------------------

[Rei]

For the next few weeks, I kept myself busy with chores; such as – reports, evidence, and continue to hunt for my mysterious enemy. I’m also trying to adjust myself being on the throne and try to multitasking of sorts.

It was on a late Wednesday afternoon, I was, as usual, locked up in my father’s office – rummaging through the files and papers, but, one paper stood out the most. An adoption application under the name of Yuki Kawaguchi for Dazai Enzo.

Dazai is adopted? How? Why?

There was a photograph of him and Miura when they were about 14 years old. At the right bottom corner of the photo was the date and time of it being taken.

09/06/2005 – 02:54 PM

My grandmother strolled into the office with two cups of coffee, I could smell the caffeine all the way from here. I received it with a smile before I start on the topic.

“How come you never told me that Dazai was adopted?”

She looks at the photo with an undeciphered look on her face “Because it was your Aunt’s personal matter.”

I gave her an incredulous look “But it’s all right for everyone to be in my personal matter like it’s nobody’s business.” Narrowing my eyes judgingly “Wow! What a wonderful family I have!”

“Okay, even if your grandfather and I had told you about this – what would you have done?” The woman chuckled “Besides, Dazai is a nice boy. He looks out for you like an older brother would.”

“I know that, and I appreciate his compassion. But, I should at least know about things like this – especially since I’ll take over my post soon.” I reasoned. “Like, what’s Miura’s problem with me, for him to hate me so much?”

A small smile curved its way on her lips “Ah, yes. I’ve notice that since both of you were little children.” She sighed “I’m not sure, really – but, I think it probably has something to do with your grandfather.”

“What do you mean?” I sipped on the coffee, curious.

The woman took a seat, while I lean against the desk. “You see, Kawaguchi’s way when receiving a new baby into the family, we celebrate it with a ritual.” She paused “Your mother gave birth to you in the house at Kyoto, on the 4th August of 1994, precisely at 3 in the morning – full moon.”

“Okay, but why are you making it sound so mysterious?” Placing the cup on the table before folding my arms to my chest, pique in interest by now.

A knowing smile tugged the woman’s lips “And this is where the superstitions comes in.” She continues to grin “What do you know about the time between midnight till dawn?”

My brows furrowed, thinking hard “Witching hour?”

“Yes.” The grin on the woman’s face grew broader “Here’s the interesting part. When a baby is born, especially in Kawaguchi family, the usual time that we expect them are around noon – if not, sometime after dawn, but never at night or sharp 3 in the morning with the full moon up high in the sky. So, when we got you and cradled you in our arms, we knew then you’re different than the rest of your cousins. To us, you’re stronger and powerful than the rest of them, and here you are proving that we’re right from the start.” She looks proud, it was clear in her eyes.

“I’m only stronger because of what Ojichan made me go through.” I persuaded, not convinced myself.

My grandmother shook her head wildly, disagreeing at my statement. “That man only guided you to the path and person you’re supposed to become.”

“And that is?”

“To reign the throne, he’s given to you. And no doubt, to conquer the world with Raven Ash pack by your side.” Holding her chin high “Especially with the fact that your raven is white, and not one or anyone of were-kinds in the history have seen or come across a white raven. Though there’s only a folktale of the glorious white creature, but no one can prove its existence. In the tale, they say that the white raven may be odd and rare, but they are our king and queen.” She smiled “Do you know how powerful that sound? King and queen combined.” She takes my hands in hers “You, my dear, are royalty to our kind.”

I could feel the pressure slowly sinking down my shoulders. This is a lot to take in, I need

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter