▬ Desire

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--------------------------------------------

[Rei]

When the Raven Ash pack found out that Darius was in town, they couldn’t help themselves and threw a barbecue gathering as autumn was approaching.

I find it weird for these wolves to have a barbeque on autumn, and this isn’t the first time that I had to go. But, it’s unique. It’s them. It’s their thing.

“You’re going to be late for the barbecue, Rei!” Her grandmother warned.

I grumbled as I came downstairs “No, I won’t. I mean, it’s not even for me. So, why should I bother going?”

The lady shot a glare at me, quick enough to shut me up. “Doesn’t matter if it’s for you or not, you were invited and that’s that. Being late to an event you’re invited to is rude.” She reprimanded.

“Burn!” Darius rang in the background as he too coming downstairs.

The woman shot him a glare too. He paled. And I lost it, burst out laughing on the bottom of the stairs “Your face! Oh, my God! Priceless!”

“You’re no different, young man!” The lady scolded.

I linked my arm over to his and dragged him out “All right, we’re going now! Bye ba-chan!” Closing the door behind me, we walk towards my Jeep.

Darius snatched the keys from my hand “I’m driving!” He grinned. I could only shoot a couple of glares and strangle him in my head but hopped in the passenger seat anyway.

On our way to the barbecue, I couldn’t help but conjure up a devious idea. “Hey, Ari,” I called softly.

Hearing him grumbling things under his breath puts a smile on my face because I know he hates it when I call him Ari. Bu I just love to riled his fur up.

“If I ask you for a help, would you help me?”

“Not if you stop calling me Ari.” He narrowed his eyes at me.

I laughed “Okay, fine.”

“So, what is it that have you smirking like a mad woman?” Curiously he asked.

“Let’s make Mark jealous.” I beamed.

He was quiet for a moment, contemplating, maybe. “Why?”

I shrugged “Just because.”

Darius scoffed, knowing something that I don’t “Admit it, you want to see his reaction.”

Clicking my tongue “Whatever.” I huffed “Are you in or not?”

The male smirked, “Eh, what the hell!”

I fist pumped in the air “Yes!” I’m so cruel, but who cares “Okay, so, what do we do?”

“Little one, just follow my lead.” He said, looking so smug.

We arrived just in time for Mark, JB, and Miyu to greet us. Once both of us were out of the car, Darius quickly yet effortlessly stood by me, snaking his arm around my waist.

I had to bite back the smirk that’s trying to curl itself on my lips. Miyu’s eyes narrowed suspiciously at me, her eyebrow twitched with curiosity. I only cast an innocent smile at her. I knew then she knows of my scheming way when the corner of her lips curled upward.

JB glanced between her and me but focused back on Darius and Mark. If this was a cartoon, you’d see the thundering cloud hovering over Mark’s head. His deathly glare at Darius’s arm around my waist didn’t go unnoticed.

I remember how he’d greet Darius with warmth and welcoming arms a long time ago, but now, he was giving my partner-in-crime a cold shoulder.

Mark only shook Darius’s hand briefly before grumbling a few greetings and welcome, soon, he his heel and walked over to a table and helped the rest of the pack set the food. JB and Miyu followed, leaving Darius and me to ourselves.

I turned to Darius, and playfully punched his bicep “You’re evil!” I laughed. “How did you know that it would tick him off?”

The man smirked, and walked along side me “You’re such a child!” He taunted, but kindly explained how it was easy to annoy the said target. “You see, werewolves, we’re a possessive being. Especially, an Alpha. Not one Alpha in this world that like the attention their mate receives, mainly from male species. We hate it. If it were up to us, we’d gauge out all the males’ eyes from looking at our mates’ way.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter