▬ Way Down We Go

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-----------------------------------------

I could feel the rain pitter-pattering against my head and face. I shifted my attention to the view before me, I’m in the clearings again. Glancing down at myself, my feet were bare, and I was covered in a long white chiffon short sleeves dress – almost like a sleeping gown. And my hands weren’t covered in blood like I remembered it was.

And, there were no dead bodies lying around. Just me, in the middle of the plain field, under this rain. The situation may look like nothing, but I could feel my heart picking up its pace as my eyes fleet from one point of the place to another. My breath erratic as my chest tightened, my vision blurred for a moment; I was having a hard time breathing.

Unintentionally, my hands trembled, what gave it away was when I fell on my knees. Panting and gasping for air. On all fours, I was trying to breathe through my nose and inhale from my mouth.

“You can’t give up, Rei.” A voice echoed.

My head shot up, looking from right to left to find the owner of the voice, but no one was here except me. Slowly, I stood back up on my feet, twirling around the spot to see any sign of being – there was no one.

“Rei, this is not your time to go.” That voice said again.

By this point, I was annoyed. “Who are you? And who are you to tell me when I can and cannot die?” I rant.

“There are so many things you need to accomplish in this life…” They said “Without you, a lot of people will die. Everything that existed and everyone who protected you will be wiped out when the empire becomes imbalance without its true heir.”

Suddenly, I felt a strong breeze coming from behind me. Not only was my body spun around towards the direction of the air blowing, but my world did too. I could feel my heart over at my throat “Ojichan,” My voice soundless.

He looked as if nothing had happened to him, he looked as healthy as a horse. Next thing I did, not only surprised me but broke my heart at the same time. As I throw myself at him, trying to embrace my grandfather for one last time, but his figure disperses in the air like mist. Quickly, I turn back around to face him with tears welled in my eyes, glancing back between him and myself, I can’t believe that I just flew through him.

My grandfather looked crestfallen when the tears in my eyes finally broke out, “I’m so sorry, grandpa!” I said, dropping on my knees, head hanging loose. Sobbing my heart out, hiccupping every now and then “I’m a failure, I don’t deserve to be the next leader of our family. I’ve failed you.”

All the bottled-up feelings I’ve kept these past years was slowly pouring its contents out. “I’m sorry for everything I did. I’m sorry for breaking your heart. I’m sorry for defying you. I’m so sorry.” My chest heaving haggardly, tears still springing out of my eyes “Please, come back! I don’t know what I should and shouldn’t do. Ojichan, come back, please!”

Despite being under this cold rain, I could feel the warmth coming from above my head. Swiftly, I glanced to the comfortable warmth. It was my grandfather’s hand hovering over my head as if he wanted to caress my head.

“You should stop blaming yourself for everything that’s happened, Rei. It’s not your fault. Things happened for a reason – a reason that you shall find out soon. But before that happens, you need to prepare yourself, be ready for whatever that is to come in your way because it won’t be like walking in the park. Strengthen everything you feel weak about yourself. There’s a war brewing in the air – I can feel it.” The old man said, staring off into the dark sky.

With just a blink of an eye, my grandfather disappeared. Quickly, I scrambled onto my feet, looking around, searching for him.

“Believe in yourself, Shin.” Now, a different voice spoke, echoing around the place.

Shin? Where have I heard that soothing calm voice before? The guess was on the tip of my tongue, but I wasn’t sure of my thought.

“You’re stronger than anyone I know, Rei. Never give up on what you believe in.” Another distant familiar voice I long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter