▬ Bet U Wish

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---------------------------------------------

[Rei]

We sat across each other in silence; I fiddled with a steaming cup of tea in front of me while he continues to glance at the glass window of the café and me, trying to say something but fail every time he tries to do so.

He looked healthier than he did yesterday and last night, I could see the colors returning on his face. Must’ve been me being around him. He should kiss the ground I walk on. I smirk to myself.

“We’re here because you wanted to talk, but now, you’re sitting there like a statue.” I pressed. “Are you expecting me to do the talking and crap?”

He sighed “I’m trying to form a proper sentence.”

“You better do that quick because we don’t have all day, you know.” I rolled my eyes.

“I’d like you to know of how sorry I am for choosing her over you, even though all I did was try to protect you from her.” He finally said.

I didn’t give him the chance to continue “What makes you think that I couldn’t protect myself?”

Exhaling a sharp breath, he reasoned “She’s a witch, Rei. A powerful one.”

“What would she have done? Erased my memories? Well, she did that, and you blatantly believed her.”

He shook his head in defeat “I had to. Once I broke out of the trance from her love spell, I realized what was going on. And soon she caught on my strange behavior and started threatened my family and everyone that I care about, including you.”

My eyes narrowed on him, almost judgmentally “You didn’t even know me, in fact, you still don’t know me.”

“I may not know so much, but I do know that you’re the strongest person I’ve ever known. Your bravery in fighting the bad, your courage, and your kindness.”

The crease on my forehead starts to appear “What are you talking about?”

His eyes softened “I remember you sharing your chocolate with me when we were kids.”

My eyes widened by a fraction, but I quickly composed myself “What I did 17 years ago, doesn’t compare to what I am now. People change, so can one’s heart.”

“And you should know that after I stopped consuming her love spell, I realized that my feelings weren’t for her, but for you.”

“What makes you think you already got her out of your system?” I questioned in an incredulous manner.

He stares blankly ahead into nothing “She’s not on my mind 24/7 like how it was, once upon a time ago.”

“Wow! You moved on pretty quick,” I scoffed.

He shot me a look “You know it’s not like that.”

My eyes squinted in disbelief “Really? I don’t think I know what you mean, so please, do enlighten me.”

He sighed dejectedly, “Look, I know I ed up, big time! But is it possible for you to not hold this against me the entire time I’m trying to be civil with you?”

With amuse clear in my eyes, I cocked an eyebrow “So, what you’re trying to say is that you’re forcing yourself to talk to me even though you don’t want to. Hm…”

“It’s not like that!” He sighed for the umpteenth time “I am really, genuinely, and honestly trying my best to make peace with you and work things out between us.”

I held my hand out almost immediately, telling him to stop. “First of all, what peace are you talking about? If this is about 3 years ago, then know that I’ve forgotten about it ages ago. And secondly, there is nothing to work on between us, we’re fine this way. You mind your own business while I do the same. Now, that’s peace.”

“No, no,” He hung his head low before facing me again “For the first time in 3 years, you walking into my house, I’ve ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter