▬ Talk Me Down

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

----------------------------------------------

[Rei]

I didn’t want to be here, not around these people I’ve never met before – despite being indirectly accepted into the pack, I just don’t want to be around strangers for the time being. But Miyu had taken her time and dragged me over to this barbecue, she said and I quote “You need to mingle with people and breathe in the fresh air, not locked up inside you house and drown yourself in questions and searches to find whatever you’re finding.”

Somehow after the coffee getaway we had, Miyu thought it’d be cool to have another get-together. I dismissed the idea faster than lightning. I’ll say this again, I don’t want to associate myself around people, it’s much of a hassle.

But – Miyu being Miyu, she got what she wants. Now, I’m back at the pack, around these people – and we’re having barbecue on this fine Sunday afternoon.

She had forced me to wear a long white short sleeves sundress, and a flip flop. She can drag me and make me wear all these things, but she can’t put a leash on me to stay put. All these does nothing but suffocates me even more, I need to be away. And that’s what I did. I venture on my own into these beautiful natures that surround itself around his land.

I walked further and further into the green wonderland, I could see rays of sun streaming through the trees, they look magical.

It was all silence from where I was standing, but when I listened closely, there was sound of waterfalls setting not far from me. I’m guessing about 30-40 feet West from my current spot.

I followed the sound, and my estimation was right – it was within 30 feet from my former spot, now I’m standing in front of this stream that Mark and I had picnic last time. The water sparkles beneath the descending sun, looking as if millions of diamonds had fallen in. A breathtaking sight, it is.

The weather is a perfect example of a good day to be out, it wasn’t that cold nor hot, just nice. And, this is the perfect place to have a breath of fresh air. One good deep breath was all I needed to relax, and one good withdrawal of breath was all that it takes to make me feel like the weight I was carrying on my shoulders being lifted off me.

It didn’t feel stifling here, there’s only peace. This is exactly what I needed. Not mingling with strangers.

“I thought you’d be here,”

How could I have misheard that? I would’ve been able to picked up a twig snapped in two or something, if someone was heading my way, unless if they’re flying – just saying.

I turn my attention back to the waterfall without feeling the slightest rage in me. That’s an improvement.

“This is beautiful.” I said in awe, my eyes still fixed on the beauty in front of me.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed how he only nodded his head. The place holds so much tranquility to it that it just silences anyone who stepped foot in its presence.

“I’ve never shown this to anyone before – except you.”

I stopped and turned to face him “How so?”

He shrugged “It didn’t cross my mind to, or at least, I didn’t want anyone else in my special place.”

Special place? There’s a warmth ring to it – I like it.

“Well, I’m sorry to have ruined your special place.” I paused, and then slowly I feel a smirk growing on my lips “To think of it, you’ve ruined my special place as well.”

He raised a challenging brow at me “Yeah? Where would that special place be?”

“The gazebo, behind the campus.” was all I said.

He seemed as if he’s lost of words, “I’m sorry, Rei.”

I smiled gently at him “It’s all right. Past is past. We’re here now, so let’s all be present, and enjoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter