Chapter 9

Stubborn Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

 

I came back here in Korea more than two months ago but I never been to this room again till now.

 

This room is where me, Jiyeon and oppa sleeps and play.

 

This is where I left Jiyeon.

 

Alone.

 

FLASHBACK

 

It was one night before we sleep.

 

A day after our birthday.

 

"Oppa, Jiyeonnie have you heard the story about the ghost?" I ask them.

 

Jiyeon is lying between me and oppa.

 

We love to sleep together coz we're very close.

 

"Ehh unnie. I don't want to hear it" Jiyeon said and hide under the blanket.

 

Oppa and I laugh at her.

 

"I want to go and see it myself" I said.

 

"Eh? You? You don't even want to see a ghost on TV and now you wanted to see a real ghost Minnie?" Oppa said to me and I pout.

 

"I'm just curious. They say the ghost was made of ice cream" I said.

 

"Ice cream?!"

 

Jiyeon get up upon hearing that.

 

I didn't even know if it's true.

 

"C'mon unnie let's check it out. I wanna taste a ghost ice cream!" Jiyeon says.

 

"Jiyeonnie it's already night. Mom and Dad won't allow us to go outside" Oppa said.

 

Jiyeon was always the brave one on the tree of us though she might be scared at first but she still want to give it a try. Hyojoon oppa he's more like the trying-to-be-brave one because you know, he was the guy while me, I'm scared about lots of things and the thing that I'm scared the most, that's to disappoint our parents.

 

"They wouldn't know if we will use grandpa's secret passage" Jiyeon said.

 

This mansion was owned by our grandparents. They both passed away when we are still young but grandpa told us a secret passage to this house.

 

"Fine, but we'll be quick. It's dangerous outside." Oppa said.

 

And with that we go outside the house using the secret passage under the bed.

 

We come out right in the woods at the back of our house.

 

It's not a forest. There's just many trees.

 

That night why we are waiting for the ghost. We heard someone is coming so we hide behind the big tree.

 

We heard that those guys were planning to rob our house.

 

"Let's get outta here" I said coz I'm already scared.

 

"If we leave here they will see us" Oppa said.

 

"But if we do nothing they will rob our house" Jiyeon said.

 

"But what can we do?" I ask.

 

"Let's run towards the gate." Jiyeon said.

 

"No! Mom and Dad will be mad at us" I said.

 

"But we can't just stay he-"

 

"Who's there?!"

 

We heard a man's voice and we immediately cover our mouth and try not to create any noise.

 

We heard that there are footsteps coming towards us.

 

"Oppa" I said to oppa.

 

I was really scared and we are all scared.

 

"In three we will all run towards the streets." he said.

 

Jiyeon and I just nod.

 

"One. Two. Three. Run!"  Oppa said and we started to run while screaming.

 

The bad guys chased us so we keep running.

 

Oppa was running so fast while Jiyeon and I were holding each other's hand and trying to catch up with him.

 

"Oppa!!" Jiyeon and I called for him.

 

We are almost there at the streets.

 

Oppa look back while he was running and because of that he didn't notice that he was going in right in the middle of the road and there was a fast motorbike approaching.

 

"OPPA!! / OPPA!!"

 

Jiyeon and I both saw how the motorbike hit oppa and how he flies almost a meter away and hit a tree.

 

Things happen so fast that we almost didn't know when did our parent's came and where did the bad guys who were chasing us go.

 

The driver of the motorbike was sent to jail and oppa was taken to the hospital.

 

Our nanny took me and Jiyeon back to inside the house.

 

"Unnie. Oppa will be ok right?" Jiyeon ask me while crying.

 

We were both crying and worrying about our brother that time.

 

I just hug her coz I don't know what to say.

 

Few hours passed and we're still awake.

 

Mom came and she's very angry.

 

That made me tremble.

 

I don't want to see her transform into a dragon.

 

That's what we call her when she's mad and when she've done something against us like sending Kahi we call it 911.

 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUTSIDE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?!"  Mom was really mad.

 

Hyojoon oppa was her favorite among us so it's expected that she'll be very cross.

 

Jiyeon and I just look down.

 

None of us wanted to talk.

 

"WHAT?! IF NONE OF YOU WILL EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPEN I PUNISH BOTH OF YOU!" Mom said.

 

Mom is the scariest person when she gave punishments.

 

You'll never want to experience it.

 

"TALK" Mom said again like last warning.

 

I wanted to talk as the unnie but I'm too scared to talk.

 

"It was me Mommy." Jiyeon said.

 

I look at her and hold her hand.

 

She just smiles at me.

 

"Oppa and Unnie have nothing to do with this. I was the one who wanted to go outside to a ghost made of ice cream" she explained while crying.

 

"A GHOST MADE OF ICE CREAM? ARE YOU USING YOUR HEAD PARK JIYEON? YOU'RE REALLY A DISGRACE TO THIS FAMILY" Mom said and drag Jiyeon outside the room

 

"Mom no!" I tried to get Jiyeon from her

 

"Hyomin stay here!" Mom said and pushes me inside the room and closes the door.

 

The door was lock from the outside and I can't open it.

 

I just cry and cry.

 

There's nothing I can do.

 

It was all my fault.

 

Why am I so weak?

 

I fall asleep crying that night and when I wake up Jiyeon is beside.

 

"Jiyeonnie?" I touched her arm and she groan in pain.

 

I cried again.

 

It should be me and not her.

 

"I'm ok unnie. Don't cry" She said to me and smile.

 

"Unnie loves you Jiyeonnie. I'll never leave you" I said and hug her.

 

I fall asleep again while hugging her and when I wake up I was already in the airport.

 

I look for Jiyeon but I can't see her.

 

"Mom where is Jiyeon?" I ask.

 

"She's at home. We're going for a vacation" she answered.

 

 "Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter