Chapter 29

Stubborn Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BORAM'S POV

Soyeon keeps walking back and forth.

 

We are here in my house right now.

 

Omma and Appa were not around coz they have work today.

 

I was supposed to go with them but when they found out that Soyeonnie will come here they insisted that I should just stay here.

 

"Soyeonnie can you please sit here beside me? Why do you keep walking back and forth?" I ask her.

 

"I'm just really confused. I talk to Dad's secretary and he said that my Dad didn't show up since five months ago. Isn't that strange?" She said

 

That's indeed strange.

 

"If Dad had another family I don't think he'll leave his work just like that" She said

 

"I wish there's something I could do to help you find your Dad" I said.

 

She sighed and sat beside me.

 

"Ramie. Staying by my side and listening to me is the greatest thing you could ever done." she said and hold my hand.

 

I smile to her

 

"Just remember that you're not alone ok." I said to her.

 

"Hmm" she said.

 

"Ramie can you come with me?" she ask all of a sudden.

 

"Where to?" I ask.

 

"My Dad's house. Maybe it could help us find where he is. I'm really worried about him" she said.

 

"Ok." I said .

 

We locked the house and then headed to her Dad's house.

 

After 30 mins we're already there.

 

"Your Dad's house ain't that far. Why don't you just come here and visit him before?" I ask.

 

"Yeah, it is my Dad's house but he's always out of town or out of the country. He rarely come here" Soyeonnie said.

 

We get in her Dad's house and seems like this house was empty for months.

 

"Seems like your Dad didn't come here too" I said there were dust on the furniture.

 

"I think so too" she said and sigh.

 

I look around and my eyes caught something.

 

"Who's that on the picture? The other one looks like Eunjung but it's a guy “I ask Soyeon.

 

"Oh that one. It's my Dad and Eunjung's Dad. They were best buddies according to Mom right? I think this picture is taken during their college days." Soyeon said.

 

"So your Mom meets your Dad because of your uncle" I concluded.

 

I get the frame.

 

Eunjung's Dad is Eunjung's boy version.

 

Pretty cool.

 

"It seems so but I wonder why I've never seen them hanging out together before. The last time I remember we had a family reunion Dad was there and uncle was there too but they act like a total stranger to each other and I could say that time that they don't like each other" she said.

 

I place the frame back to the table but it slips on my hand and got broke.

 

"Oppss. Sorry" I apologize and started to pick it up the pieces of glass.

 

"Ramie be careful." Soyeonnie said.

 

But I notice a folded piece of paper at the back of the frame.

 

"Hey. Soyeonnie. Check this out" I said.

 

"What is that?" she asks and gets the paper to me and start to unfold it.

 

We were both clueless of what is written in there.

 

"I don't know what is this but it looks like a formula that has something to do with chemistry or something. The only thing that I'm sure is that it says antidote." I said.

 

"Yeah I think it is" She said

 

"Is your Dad a scientist too?" I ask.

 

"No but he kinda dreamed of being one but my grandfather don't want him to be a scientist and I'm kinda glad. Just imagine if my Dad became a scientist maybe I would only see him once in a blue moon" she said and she had a point.

 

"So what are we going to do with that paper?" I ask.

 

"I guess we better keep this. This might be something important and don't tell anyone about it" she said and I just nod.

 

We go upstairs to find if there is something that could tell us where to find her father but unfortunately there’s none.

 

I saw a photo album in the room.

 

Why I keep attracted to the images in this house?

 

"Hey is this your Mom when she was young?" I ask and show her the picture of her Dad with a girl kissing his cheek.

 

"No. It's not my Mom" She said.

 

"Eh? So your Dad is keeping her ex-girlfriend's photos?" I ask as I flip the pages and saw several pictures of that girl in this album.

 

"It's weird" I said

 

"Let's go. Bring that photo album with you" She said and walks outside.

 

I immediately followed her.

 

HYOMIN'S POV

 

"Why are you with Eunjung Hyomin-ah?" Oppa ask me.

 

We are still here strolling around the mall.

 

I laugh.

 

"I'm not stealing Eunjung from Jiyeon oppa. I’m happy with my Kyul. Eunjung ask for help. She said she's going to make her proposal on graduation party" I said

 

"She must be really serious with our sister" He said.

 

"Hmm. Jiyeon deserves to be happy after everything that she had been through and I'm sure Eunjung could give that happiness to her" I said.

 

"Yeah I'm wishing the same thing for our sister" He said.

 

While we are strolling around I notice some suspicious people around.

 

I think oppa notice that too.

 

"I think we should do home. Act natural Hyomin. Don't let them know that we've caught them" He said.

 

So we headed to the parking area like we're just chit chatting.

 

"Who are they?" I ask.

 

"I don't know. We have nothing. What do they want from us?" He said.

 

I get my phone and send a message to the others that someone is following us.

 

My phone rings.

 

It's Soyeonnie.

 

"Hello Soyeonnie" I pick it up.

 

"Where are you?" she asks.

 

"At the mall. There were some suspicious guys who's following us" I said.

 

"Stay there. Don't leave first. You'll be safer if you're in a place with lots of people or you better stay near the guards of the mall. We'll be there in a minute" she said and hangs up.

 

I did what she says and waited for them.

 

Oppa and i were still trying to act cool while waiting for them.

 

I can't help but feel scared about this.

 

JIYEON'S POV

 

"Ham Eunjung answer me honestly. What's the real score between us? Do you still love me?" I ask her with a serious expression on my face.

 

Seriously, I can't take it anymore.

 

I know that she cares but why does she act so cold to me.

 

I don't know what kind of game she's playing right now.

 

She just stare at me like she's telling me something by looking at me but I just can't read it.

 

My phone vibrates and I saw its Unnie coz my phone was in my hand.

 

I check her message.

 

Someone is following us.

 

That's her message.

 

I felt nervous.

 

Who the hell would follow them?

 

I look around and check if her car was still in here and fortunately it's still here.

 

"What's wrong?" Jungie finally said something.

 

"We need to go back inside" I said and drag her back inside the mall.

 

We search for my siblings.

 

"Jiyeon what's going on?" She asks again.

 

"Check your phone" I said while looking around.

 

"Mwo? We need to find them!" She worriedly said and run to nowhere.

 

She had much concern on unnie.

 

"Jiyeon! Let's go!" She called me so I walk towards her.

 

"Let's split up" I coldly said to her.

 

"No. You'll stay with me who knows if they're following you too. It's not safe if you’re alone." She said and held my hand.

 

There I feel like she love me but sometimes I had a feeling that she still loves unnie.

 

I just keep quiet and let her drag me.

 

Then, we found unnie and oppa with SoRam.

 

Thanks God they're safe.

 

"Where are the guys who are following you?" Jungie ask them.

 

"They disappear right after Soyeon and Boram arrive." Oppa said.

 

They were busy talking while I just choose to stand here in the corner.

 

"Hey. You ok?" Ramie stands near me and ask.

 

I shook my head.

 

"Wanna talk about it?" She asks.

 

I shook my head again.

 

I notice that she was holding a book in her hand.

 

"What's that?" I ask.

 

"It was the photo album of Soyeon's Dad" She said.

 

"And why is it with you?" I ask.

 

"Soyeon wants to know who is this girl. We think it her Dad's ex-girlfriend. You know Soyeon's Dad hasn’t showed up for more than five months and she's really worried" She explained and show me the photo of the guy which is Soyeon's Dad and a girl with him who looks familiar to me.

 

I look at it carefully.

 

"It was my Mom" I said.

 

"Neh?" She asks me again.

 

"It was Mom. I'm very sure it's her. Look at her carefully doesn't she look like Hyomin-ish, Jiyeon-ish?" I said to her.

 

"Now that you mention that she doesn't look like just you and Hyomin also Hyojoon." She said.

 

"Made sense coz we're triplets." I said.

 

"So your Mom was the ex-girlfriend of Soyeonnie's Dad. Should I tell Soyeon?" She asks me.

 

"Yeah. Mom is already dead and Soyeon's parents were already divorced. What's wrong with telling her?" I ask.

 

"Right, I should tell her but later. Let's not mention anything to her about it first" she said and I just nod and keep quiet again.

 

"Hey, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter