Chapter 17

Stubborn Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

"Wah. How are you? You've grown so much" Jiyeon said to Hyeri.

 

Wow.

 

I didn't know that they were close.

 

"I'm gorgeous as always unnie. That's not even a question" Hyeri proudly says like how Jiyeon says it to herself.

 

Jiyeon nodded but it seems like she's not satisfied with Hyeri's answer.

 

"Oh of course you're still more gorgeous than I was unnie" Hyeri said complimenting Jiyeon.

 

"Yeah and you still have to work on that part. You should lift yourself up but not higher than mine. Ara?" Jiyeon said to her.

 

I sigh.

 

Now there's the gorgeous goddess and her apprentice what am I now?

 

"Jungie c'mon. Hyeri must be tired. Let's take her to the hotel" Jiyeon said and then she walks together with Hyeri towards the car leaving me behind.

 

Really?

 

She left me here to walk with that girl.

 

This unbelievable.

 

And unacceptable.

 

And ANNOYING!!

 

I had no choice but to follow them or I'll be looking like an idiot standing here watching them.

 

"Ok. Let's go now." I said and was about to get into the car but I got disappointed when Jiyeon opens the door on the back seat.

 

"Hey. Why are you there?" I ask Jiyeon.

 

"Hyeri and I have a lot of things to talk about Jungie. It'll be more convenient if we're both here. You'll be fine there right?" she asks me.

 

"Of course. I'll be just fine" I sarcastically said.

 

"Cool" She said and they both get inside.

 

I sigh and just keep silent.

 

Arguing with her will be no use.

 

I could hear them talking and laughing at the back seat.

 

Damn.

 

Too noisy.

 

"Jungie can we stop by at the restaurant? Hyeri wants to eat “Jiyeon said.

 

"Ok" I boringly replied.

 

"So I'm the driver now?" I murmured.

 

"What?" Jiyeon ask.

 

Damn, I think she heard me.

 

"Nothing." I just said.

 

"Are you ok Jungie?" she asks.

 

No! I'm not ok! Do I look like I'm ok to you Park Jiyeon?!

 

I wanted to tell her that but of course I didn't.

 

"I'm fine" I just said again.

 

She just goes back to talking to Hyeri again.

 

I stop near the restaurant.

 

They go out the car but I didn't follow them and just stayed inside the car.

 

It's so annoying!

 

She forgets that I'm here because of her so called apprentice.

 

I just close my eyes.

 

I need to calm myself down coz I'm overly disappointed.

 

"You're not going to eat?"

 

I heard Jiyeon's voice.

 

"Not hungry" I replied with even bothering to open my eyes.

 

"Ok" I heard her say.

 

I clenched my fist.

 

Ok?

 

Just that?

 

She didn't even persuade me to go with her.

 

JIYEON'S POV

 

"Eunjung unnie doesn't want to eat?" Hyeri ask me.

 

"Nope. She said she's not hungry" I replied.

 

I'm not hungry too so it's just Hyeri who's eating right now.

 

"So you're really courting her unnie?" She asks.

 

"Yeah. I love her." I said.

 

"I see. But you know I still have a crush on you" She said.

 

I raise an eyebrow to her.

 

She used to say that before but I don't think she's serious about it.

 

Hyeri and I met when I was 16 and she was 15 in high school.

 

She was a freshmen and I was a sophomore.

 

I remembered her being bullied at school.

 

Ramie was a nerd but she was never bullied coz I'm the only one who's allowed to do that.

 

So back to Hyeri, one day she bravely came to this gorgeous goddess and asks me to be her mentor.

 

She said she's willing to do anything in exchange of it.

 

I kinda admire her determination and she has the potential to be my apprentice so I agreed.

 

And that's how things started.

 

When she's confident enough she always tell me that she had a crush on me but I never believe it because it sounds like a big joke to me.

 

Then, the next year I just received an email from her saying that she and her family have to leave.

 

Then, we lost communication.

 

"Well, if you still do you better forget about it coz you'll only end up broken" I said.

 

"Heol. That was harsh of you unnie" she complains.

 

"Nope. It wasn't harsh. It's called the truth" I said to her.

 

She smile.

 

"Ok. As long as you're not yet married I won't stop loving you" She said

 

I scoff.

 

"It was your choice so don't blame me and we're good as long as you keep it inside" I told her.

 

This kid will probably get tired of it. Well, that is if she's serious in liking me.

 

"By the way I think Eunjung unnie doesn't like me" She said.

 

"What made you say so?" I ask.

 

"Because she's been glaring at me from the mirror while we are talking a while ago" She said.

 

Jungie does that?

 

"Maybe she was looking at something else and why would she glare at you"" I said.

 

Jungie won't do that unless she had a reason to do so

 

"Well, I think she's jealous unnie because you sit at the back with me instead of sitting with her in the front" she said.

 

Really?

 

"I don't think so. Jungie won't be jealous. She likes Hyomin" I said.

 

It's hard for me to admit that but it's the truth but it doesn't mean that I'm giving up..

 

"Well, I don't know who's Hyomin but I can say that she likes you" She said.

 

"I like to believe in you but it's hard to believe so I still have to work hard to get her" I said

 

"Work hard? You?" She ask like she don't believe in what I say.

 

"Yup. It's not impossible for the gorgeous goddess to work hard to get something" I said

 

"Ok. Then, have you done something to her already that can be considered as a product of your hard work?" she asks.

 

Hmmm.

 

"That is a good question. I'm happy that it didn't appear of on my exams" I said and she sighs.

 

"I don't think you did something unnie. I know you coz I'm just like you. We are both not good in making plans. We tend to ruin them right before we started it." She said.

 

"Yeah. You are right. That's the reason why I let my bestfriend do it for me most

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter