Final

Stubborn Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AFTER FIVE YEARS

BORAM'S POV

 

Five years have gone so fast and I could say that I live in contentment with everything.

 

Well it's early in the morning and the sun started to rise.

 

I came home from my parent's house earlier and now I've just arrive home hearing a loud cry coming from our room.

 

I immediately rushed upstairs to check what's going on.

 

I found Soyeon and Ramyeon on the bed.

 

Our daughter was crying really hard.

 

"What happen?" I worriedly ask.

 

"Well, your daughter was complaining" Soyeonnie said.

 

"About what?" I ask.

 

"Omma!! Why did you name me Ramyeon?! I hate my name! I'm not a food!" She said and cries again.

 

"Why is she suddenly like this? She never complains about her name before" I said.

 

"Well, she heard this new advertisement on the TV and there..." Soyeonnie explains.

 

I sighed.

 

"Honey there's nothing bad in your name. It's a combination of your Mom's name and my name." I said trying to calm her down.

 

"But it was a food" She complains again.

 

I look at Soyeon to ask for help.

 

"I'm going to prepare breakfast" She said and hurriedly go outside the room.

 

Jinja.

 

"Well, yeah it is a food but only if you consider it as one." I said.

 

What a lame excuse Jeon Boram.

 

She still didn't stop crying.

 

How to stop this kid from crying?

 

"Hey stop crying. It's your birthday today and you're going to meet your cousins remember? You don't want them to see you with red eyes" I said.

 

And it did work.

 

She rubs her eyes cutely then she looks at me.

 

"Where's my gift Omma?" She asks.

 

Uh oh.

 

But I had an idea.

 

Mommy's department.

 

"Ask your Mommy about the gift. She have it" I said

 

And finally she smile.

 

She jump off the bed and run outside.

 

"Hey sweetie be careful" I said and followed her downstairs to her Mom in the kitchen.

 

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" She excitedly approach Soyeon.

 

"Oh what is it baby?" Soyeon ask and look at me.

 

I just sit by the counter and wink at her.

 

"Omma said you had my gift. I wanna see it!" Ramyeon said.

 

"Oh the gift..." Soyeon was obviously surprised.

 

Well, it's not that we forgot about the gift but I was the one who's supposed to buy it and it's actually in the car now.

 

Soyeon and Ramyeon don’t know about it.

 

"...your gift baby will be later at the party. Now go on and watch TV for a while. I'm not yet done with the breakfast" Soyeon said and our daughter runs back to the living room

 

This kid loves to run.

 

Does she want to be a runner?

 

"Yah Jeon Boram what was that? You're the one who's supposed to buy the gift" She said to me.

 

"I know. I didn't forget. I just wanted to tease you for leaving me a while ago but damn I couldn't tease you that long" I said to her.

 

"You're like a kid you know. Now go there and watch over Ramyeon. She might run outside without us knowing" She commanded.

 

"Yes, Mom" I said and salute to her.

 

I stand up and was about to leave but...

 

"Wait..." She said and I turn around to look at her.

 

"Wae?" I ask.

 

She smile to me and lean closer for a kiss.

 

"You forgot to give my morning kiss" She said.

 

"Oh... I did that when you’re asleep. I never forget" I said.

 

"But I still didn't know so that's not counted" She insisted.

 

"Ok. I'll take note of that from now on" I said and smile to her before I go to the living room to watch over our daughter.

 

I was expecting her to watch cartoons but I was surprise that she was watching...

 

A wedding??

 

"Hi sweetheart. Why are you watching that?" I ask.

 

"Because it's amazing Omma! I love weddings" She said.

 

Well, not surprising at all.

 

"But baby you're just five. You can't get married yet." I said and sit beside her.

 

She then stand and transferred on my lap.

 

"I'm not going to get married Omma. I don't want to" she said.

 

Ok.

 

That's not surprising too.

 

Maybe we should stop talking about wedding she's just five.

 

"Let's watch something else" I said and switch the channel to something that suits her age.

 

While we are watching I heard the doorbell rings.

 

"Stay here sweetie" I said and go towards the gate to see who's there.

 

I open the gate and was surprise to see who's in there.

 

"Grandma" I mouthed.

 

SOYEON'S POV

 

I just finish preparing our breakfast when suddenly I heard the doorbell rings.

 

I go to the living room and saw Ramyeon there alone watching cartoons.

 

I guess Ramie already check who's there.

 

"C'mon baby let's eat first. Go back watching after" I called Ramyeon and she turn off the TV and run to me.

 

She loves running.

 

"Baby you don't have to run all the time. There’s a thing called walking so not just running ok?" I said to her and let her sit.

 

I give her food so she could start eating now.

 

"Aren't you going to eat Mommy?" She asks.

 

"I will. I'll just wait for your Omma" I said to her.

 

"Ok. I'll wait for Omma too" She said.

 

"Ok. Your Omma is taking so long. I'll just check her" I said.

 

But...

 

"Soyeonnie.." .

 

She's already here.

 

With...

 

With her grandma.

 

"Mommy who is she?" Ramyeon ask.

 

"Uhm... Honey she's your Omma's grandma. Your greatgrandmother. Greet her" I said to Ramyeon.

 

"Annyeong haseyo grandma. I'm Jeon Ramyeon. It's my birthday today. Do you have a gift for me?" She said

 

My eyes widen

 

"I'm sorry about that Mrs. Jeon.....Baby not like that" I said.

 

"It's ok. I actually came here to give my gift to her" Mrs. Jeon said.

 

Mwo?

 

I look at Ramie and she just shrug.

 

"Grandma can't stay longer coz I'm flying back to US today. I just drop by to give my gift to you little girl" She said and then gave Ramyeon a gift.

 

"Honey say thank you to grandma" Ramie said to her.

 

"Thank you grandma. Have a safe trip!" Ramyeon said and kiss her grandma's check

 

For the first time I saw Mrs. Jeon's face was not that scary and she's smiling.

 

Like what she said she didn't stayed longer and leave immediately.

 

"Baby. Set aside the gift for a while and let's eat our breakfast. You'll open that later" I said and we go to the table and start eating.

 

"What just happen there?" I ask.

 

"I don't know. Maybe she gets tired of holding a grudge to everyone" Ramie said and I can see that she's happy.

 

Finally, her grandma accepts us.

 

HYERI'S POV

Areum and I were here in the living room talking to each other.

 

"Where is Hyereum?" I ask.

 

"She was just right there a while ago" Areumie said.

 

"I didn't saw her go outside so maybe she's upstairs." I said then we go upstairs to check if our daughter was there.

 

And we were right.

 

She was in our room.

 

In front of the mirror.

 

Holding a lipstick in her hand.

 

"Honey what are you doing?" Areumie ask and take the lipstick away from her.

 

She looks messy now because obviously she was a kid who doesn't know how to apply lipstick.

 

I get a wet towel in the bathroom and give it to Areumie so that she could clean our daughter's messy face.

 

"Honey you're too young to use those things. Why are you even using that?" I ask.

 

"I want to be beautiful Mom. I wanted Jimin to like me" She said.

 

"Honey you can't like Jimin. He's your cousin. Your aunt Kyul and I were cousins. I explained that to you so many times already" Areum said.

 

"And plus you are still too young to like someone. Skip that first. It's your birthday today and you just turn five years old" I added.

 

She pouts.

 

"But I like Jimin." She insisted.

 

OMG this is a disaster.

 

"C'mon let's go downstairs. No more talking about boys and having relationship coz sweetheart. You can't even write your name properly" I said to her and we go downstairs.

 

"Can I ask Hyojin to come over?" Hyereum ask.

 

"Well you and Hyojin will meet later. It's her birthday too remember?" Areumie said to her

 

"Ok. I'll just go and get my dolls" She said and then go to get her dolls.

 

"I think she get that from you" Areumie said and lean her head on my shoulder.

 

"Mwo? I wasn't like that" I said.

 

"But you did fall in love with Jiyeon unnie when you were too young" She said.

 

"Well, I wasn't TOO young that time. I'm in high school and I was fifteen when I fall in love with her." I said.

 

"Yeah yeah" She said.

 

There she goes again.

 

She'll open up the topic about me falling in love with Jiyeon in the past and then she'll end up giving me her sad face

 

"Why do you have to bring that up when it's making you sad?" I ask her.

 

"I don't know. Maybe I wanted to get used to it. Maybe I want to be the one whom you first fall in love with" She said.

 

"Areumie we're married for five years and I wasn't your first love either right? Those things doesn't matter anymore. What matters now is that we love each other and we are happy with our daughter" I said and then she smiles.

 

"Yiee~ my mommies so sweet. I already thought of a gift for my birthday" Hyereum said.

 

She just arrive carrying her dolls.

 

"Ok. Let's here that out but honey. No Jimin ok?" I said to her.

 

"No Mom. It's not about Jimin. I wanted to have a brother or sister already!" She happily announced.

 

"Well, ask your Mommy about it sweetheart coz I can't decide" I said.

 

Areumie just pinch my cheek.

 

"Reumie our daughter was waiting for your response" I said and she face our daughter.

 

Ouch my cheeks.

 

"We will think about it baby. It's not easy to carry a baby” Reumie said

 

"Oh. Ok! I'm going to give him or her a name if that happens" she said and started to play with her dolls.

 

"Honey our daughter needs playmate. Maybe we could have another one" I whispered to my wife.

 

"Didn't you hear me? I said I'll think about it" she said to me and kiss my lips.

 

Heol.

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

We're at home now and I think it's time for us to start preparing ourselves for the party.

 

It'll be held at the Park's mansion because the whole place was big enough and it's also time to create good memories on that place.

 

Now where are my babies?

 

I found Jiyeon on the living room.

 

"Baby where is Jijung?" I ask her.

 

"In his room. I was about to go there and check him." She said and hug me.

 

"C'mon let's go there. We need to be prepare now for their party " I said and we go upstairs and headed to Jijung's room.

 

"Did you bought his gift already?" She ask.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter