Chapter 11

Stubborn Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

 

Today is the day where our field trip will start so as much as I hate to wake up early I have to because first I have to impress Jungie.

 

Second....hmm

 

There's no second that's just it.

 

I join this trip to be with Jungie and that’s all.

 

"Are you ready?" Jungie ask me.

 

We are using her car to go to school.

 

"Yup. But can we fetch Ramie?" I ask.

 

"Don't worry Soyeon will fetch her" she said.

 

"So you let Soyeon fetch Ramie so that you can be alone with me" I said and gave her a playful smile.

 

"Or it could be Soyeon ask me a favor to tell you that she'll be the one who will fetch Boram" she said and I pout.

 

I just get inside the car and she did the same.

 

I was frowning inside her car.

 

"Smile. Don't start your day with a frown" she said and buckle my seatbelt then smile at me.

 

But I'm still the same.

 

"Aren't you happy that you're alone with me?" She asks and that makes me smile.

 

"Does being this cute include in your theoretical gorgeous goddess code Jiyeonnie?" She asks me and pinches my checks lightly

 

I blush and look away.

 

Heol.

 

She never fails to make me feel like this.

 

"Let's go" I just said.

 

"Are you ok?" She asks.

 

There she goes again.

 

She loves to tease me after she makes me blush.

 

"Just start driving now!" I said to her.

 

"Jiyeonnie is so cute" She said before she starts driving.

 

Jinja.

 

I just look outside.

 

Up until now I don't know what I'm going to do to impress her.

 

Aside from being a gorgeous goddess I have nothing to else special to show.

 

I sighed.

 

Maybe Ramie is right.

 

When it comes to her my gorgeous goddess aura is falling apart.

 

"Still sleepy? You're quiet" Jungie said to me.

 

I look at her.

 

"You'll never leave me Jungie right?" I said.

 

I feel blessed that she came to my life and gave me this kind of happiness but I was afraid that all of this might come to an end.

 

Without even a warning I'm afraid that all of this will be just a memory and nothing else just like what happen before

 

I don't know how I survive that time and reach this age without getting crazy.

 

FLASHBACK

 

I know Hyomin was afraid that time.

 

Mom was so angry.

 

I was afraid too but I can still manage to speak not like Hyomin who is trembling and seems like she's about to faint.

 

And I also know that it was my fault. If I didn't insist to go outside oppa was still here.

 

Mom beat me that time.

 

She told me I was a disgrace to this family and I only bring bad luck.

 

I know I'm wrong and I tried to endure the pain.

 

"Mom I'm sorry. I never wanted that to happen. I love oppa" I said and beg her to stop.

 

"WHAT DOES YOUR SORRY CAN DO?! COULD THAT HELP YOUR BROTHER SURVIVE?!" She yelled at me.

 

"From now on you'll be punished and you will regret all this in your entire life" Mom said to me and leave.

 

I go back to our room enduring the pain.

 

I ask myself that time why does everyone especially Mom can't treat me the way she treat unnie and oppa?

 

I'm a part of this family too.

 

I lie on bed beside unnie. She was already sleeping so I try not to make any noise but it's kinda hard to sleep with that pain.

 

"Jiyeonnie?" Unnie touch my arm and I groan in pain.

 

She started to cry again.

 

"I'm ok unnie. Don't cry" I said to her and force a smile to make her stop.

 

I don't want her to worry.

 

"Unnie loves you Jiyeonnie. I'll never leave you" She said and hugs me.

 

Again she promises me that she'll never leave me and I believe her.

 

I look up to her so much.

 

For me she's always good in everything and I wanted to be like her.

 

She might not be the bravest but she's the best unnie I could have.

 

But all of those start to crumble when I wake up the next day.

 

It was already noon and I'm really hungry so I decided to get up.

 

Unnie is not beside me anymore.

 

I wonder why they didn't wake me up.

 

I go downstairs slowly because every time I will make move my body hurts a lot.

 

"Ahjumma. Unnie eodiseo?" I ask Ahjumma.

 

I can see that she was carrying a bag with her and so does the other workers in the house.

 

"Miss Jiyeon. We are leaving now. I left the food for you in the kitchen and your parents left this to you" Ahjumma said and handed me a envelope

 

I didn't check what's inside coz I'm much more curious where did my parents and my sister go and why does everyone seems to be leaving too.

 

"We don't know where did your parents go Jiyeon but we're not working her anymore. So we all have to leave now" Ahjumma said and they all started to leave.

 

I watch just them leave the house.

 

I'm really clueless of what is going on.

 

I check what's inside the envelope.

 

It contains credit cards and some of my important documents.

 

I was just six that time and I have no idea what to do to those things so I keep it.

 

"Maybe they just go to oppa" I said to myself.

 

I waited for them to come home that day.

 

The next day

 

And then the next day.

 

I keep waiting for them.

 

Till five days had passed and none of them ever showed up.

 

I don't know where they are and I don't know where to find them.

 

I go outside the mansion's gate and cry in front of the house.

 

"Unnie. Oppa" I just keep calling their names.

 

I feel hopeless.

 

I don't know what happen to my brother.

 

I thought he's already dead and I blamed myself for that.

 

That time Ramie’s parents clean on the neighborhood. They saw me crying and ask me what's wrong.

 

I haven't eaten proper meal for the past five days coz I don't know how to cook.

 

Ramie's parents were very kind.

 

They visit me every time in my house and teach me how to use what my parents left to me.

 

I feel so lonely in this huge house so I ask them to help me buy a house which is not that far in their house and that was the time I meet Ramie and we became bestfriend.

 

As I grew up I slowly understand what really happen.

 

My family abandoned me.

 

They left me.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"And where will I go?" Jungie ask me.

 

"Anywhere? Somewhere away from me" I said.

 

She giggles.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter