Chapter 43

Stubborn Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

 

I just keep looking around and I had no plan to move in my spot not unless I do remember which way is going back.

 

But it's really hard to remember which way is which when I'm not paying attention the whole time my feet is taking me here.

 

I look around once again.

 

Maybe I should push my luck and try to walk on that.....that way.

 

I will trust my gorgeous goddess instinct.

 

I was just about to take a step in my chosen path when suddenly I feel like...

 

Like...

 

SOMETHING'S CRAWLING ON MY HEAD!!!

 

"AHHHHH!!! JUNGIE~"

 

That's what comes out on my mouth while I keep jumping with my eyes close.

 

I don't want to touch my head coz I don't want to touch whatever it is that's i there.

 

"Jiyeon Jiyeon!!"

 

I heard Jungie's voice but I didn't open my eyes.

 

I stop jumping when I feel that someone grabs my arms.

 

"Don't move. It's just a spider" She said.

 

MWO SPIDER??

 

"YAH! REMOVE IT REMOVE IT!!" I started to squeal since I really hate spiders.

 

"It's gone you can open your eyes now" Jungie said with a very serious tone of voice.

 

I open my eyes and she's having this expressionless face.

 

We started to follow that Ahjussi that’s with her.

 

Jungie is being quiet and she's not talking to me.

 

"Jungie. Are you ok?" I ask .

 

"Hmm" That's what she just said to me.

 

She's mad I think.

 

"No everything is not ok. I know it" I said.

 

"Good thing that you know" She coldly answered and never talk to me again.

 

It's already dark when we get out of the woods.

 

"Thank you ahjussi. Please accept this in return" Jungie said and try to give money to ahjussi but he didn't accept it so we just thank him again and started to walk back to Ms. P's house.

 

Jungie was still being cold.

 

I stop walking so does she.

 

"Jungie can you tell me what's the problem?" I ask her this time coz I can't take it anymore.

 

"You're really asking me that question Park Jiyeon?!! Do you know that I get so worried about you especially when I found out that you got into the woods?!! I call you when you leave but you ignored me and continue walking!" She said raising her voice to me.

 

"I continue walking coz I know you'll never gonna go with me!" I raised my voice to her too.

 

"I didn't say I didn't want to! You make the kid cry that's why I'm trying to comfort her! Don't tell me that you're jealous over a kid?! Jiyeon it's a kid. Just a kid!" She said to me.

 

I can't believe we're fighting right now.

 

And I'm also certain that discussing this right now would get us nowhere so I just keep quiet.

 

"Let's go back now. The others are waiting" she said and started to walk

 

She didn't take my hand or even look at me.

 

It's that kid's fault.

 

I just follow Jungie and never talk to her.

 

Just having random thoughts makes my head a little dizzy. I hope this has nothing to do with what happen to me.

 

"Thanks God you're back already. I thought you're already lost." Soyeon said.

 

"Yeah, we're kinda." Jungie said and look at me.

 

I just pout.

 

FINE! IT'S MY FAULT NOW.

 

"Eunjung unnie!!"

 

Hannah runs to Eunjung and this Ham Eunjung smile and carry the kid.

 

"Jiyeonnie. It's just a kid." Unnie whispered to me.

 

This kid is lucky for now coz my head is not really well.

 

Now they were all playing with Hannah while Eunjung is carrying her.

 

I just decided to go outside and sit on the corner.

 

"What's up with my head?" I ask myself and start to massage my temple.

 

"Jiyeon?"

 

I saw Ms. P who came from the back door of the house.

 

I stand up.

 

She seems like she's going somewhere.

 

"What are you doing here outside?" She asks.

 

"Uhm. Just trying to have some fresh air...uhm are you going somewhere it's already dark" I said.

 

"I'm going to gather some fire wood in the neighborhood. It's safe in here even if it's already dark so nothing to worry" she said.

 

"Can I go with you?" I ask.

 

I don't want to be close to her and my head was not really helping right now but I don't know why I suddenly ask her for it.

 

"Ok. C'mon" She said and I just follow her.

 

"So can you describe your Mom to me so that I could help you look for her?" She asks while we are walking.

 

"I really don't know. Our life was full of tragedy. We grew up with someone who only looks like our real Mom and we never know that. That someone is very cruel to the point we call her a dragon. She let me live all by myself when I was six." I said and I stop right there.

 

It's not really a good story to tell for me.

 

"You must've been through lots of things but how did you know that your Mom was in this village?" she ask again.

 

"Our real father says she was here. Because our real Mom who lives here thought we're already dead. She wasn't aware of our existence and that is all because her evil brother who took away my memory for five years. My memory just get back yesterday actually" I said to her.

 

"Oh poor child. Your mother will feel really broken to hear all of that." She said.

 

I smile bitterly.

 

You're actually the one I'm taking about.

 

"Can I hug you Ms. P?...it's just that my fake Mom never hugs me before. Our fake Dad's favorite was Hyomin unnie and the dragon's favorite was my oppa. I've never been anyone's favorite since my grandfather passed away" I said to her.

 

Why I suddenly become so emotional?

 

"Sure. C'mon here" She said and smile to me then she hug me.

 

I felt comfort somehow.

 

I never know how it feels like to have a Mom that could hug you like this when you have.

 

"You're a bit hot Jiyeon. Are you ok?" She worriedly ask

 

"Yeah. I'm alright don't worry. It's just a little cold in here that you're thinking I'm a little hot" I said hoping she would buy my excuse.

 

And I'm thankful that she does.

 

I help her carry the firewood back home.

 

The neighborhood in this place was quite distant to each other.

 

Heol.

 

"You're quite lonely. Did your girlfriend and you had a fight?" She asks me.

 

"Uhm... I think so." I said.

 

I thought she doesn't agree with this kind of relationship.

 

"You know what. I'm really against with this kind of relationship" She said.

 

I just thought of that.

 

"Why? The heart chooses whom to love." I said.

 

"I know that's why I'm trying to understand that. You know Hannah seems to like handsome girls than guys even in her young age. I can't give my daughter hard time so I guess I'll just let her choose what she wants and be happy for her" She said.

 

I think there would be no problem in case she found out that we're her daughter and we had this kind of relationship with our partners but we still have this problem about her not wanting to look back on everything in her past.

 

 

QRI'S POV

 

Everyone was enjoying to play with Hannah.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter