Chapter 30

Stubborn Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

 

I was nervous.

 

Damn nervous.

 

Tonight is the night that I would propose to Jiyeon.

 

I had been preparing for this but I can't help but to feel really nervous and at the same time excited.

 

"Is everything ok?” I ask Soyeonnie.

 

"Eunjung you've ask me that question for the 10th time and for the 10th time I'm going to say everything was ok" she said.

 

"Relax Eunjungie. You call pull it off." Hyojoon told me.

 

I took a deep breath.

 

"By the way is Jiyeon already here?" I ask.

 

"She's not yet here" Hyomin said.

 

"Don't worry Eunjungie. You know Jiyeon. She was never punctual" Boram said.

 

She can't ditch this party.

 

"I'll call her" Hyomin said.

 

"Opps. Not picking up. But don't worry you know my sister. She will come" Hyomin said.

 

The party was going on.

 

"Eunjung did you call a media for this?" Mom asks.

 

Media?

 

"No Mom. Why?" I curiously ask.

 

"There were reporters outside" She said.

 

"MWO?/ REPORTERS?" 

 

Those are our reactions when we heard what Mom says.

 

"I didn't invite any reporters Mom and why would they come here. We're not celebrities" I said.

 

"We can't shoo them away or this party will became a disaster" Soyeon said.

 

"Well, let's proceed to what is planned and let them see it. We've got nothing to lose though" Hyojoon said and je was right.

 

Nothing to lose.

 

Nothing change except for the fact that I'm more nervous now because of the presence of the media.

 

"Miss Jiyeon already arrives" Ahjumma said to us.

 

This is it.

 

We go outside to execute the plan but I frown when I saw the person beside my girlfriend.

 

Lee Hyeri.

 

Why is she here again?

 

I can't believe Jiyeon was still hanging out with that girl even though she was the reason why we had this so called fight.

 

"Eunjung. Chill. Just proceed to your proposal. It's much better if Hyeri would witness this right? She would know that Jiyeon is yours and she can't take her away from you" Hyomin whispered to me and that made me smile.

 

She's right.

 

This is much better.

 

So I just go up the stage for my proposal

 

I took a deep breath and look at Jiyeon.

 

She was frowning at me.

 

The camera flashes is blinding me a little and I'm feeling much nervous than ever.

 

I better get started.

 

"Good evening everyone. Tonight is a very special night for me not just because I already graduated but also because tonight I wanna ask someone very close to my heart a very important question." I said.

 

That wasn't supposed to be my speech.

 

It was supposed to be long and touching but because I'm too nervous and a little trembling I cut my speech that short.

 

I signaled Soyeon to do it.

 

The big screen behind me flashes the question.

 

I look at Jiyeon she was frowning and there were tears in her eyes.

 

Must be tears of joy.

 

My heart was beating so loud.

 

I was about to say something but my eyes caught my friends.

 

They look like they've seen a ghost.

 

I turn to look at the direction they're looking at.

 

I almost drop the mic when I saw what's written on the big screen.

 

I froze.

 

H-how...

 

Why is it like this?

 

IT SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THIS!

 

It should be.

 

WILL YOU MARRY ME PARK JIYEON?

 

And not

 

WILL YOU MARRY ME PARK HYOMIN?!!

 

WHAT THE HELL?

 

I turn to look at Jiyeon's way and saw her leaving with Hyeri.

 

This can't be.

 

IT'S A MISTAKE.

 

I was supposed to go down the stage to chase Jiyeon but the damn reporters get in the way.

 

They won't let me through.

 

"BACK OFF! LET ME THROUGH!" I yelled to them but they're just a like deaf person who doesn’t hear what I say.

 

"I SAID BACK OFF" I lose my patience and started to punch the reporters who get in my way.

 

"EUNJUNG STOP!" I heard my friends called me but I don't care.

 

I need to chase Jiyeon she can't leave me.

 

The reports got scared and step aside.

 

I immediately run outside as fast as I can.

 

"JIYEON!" I called her when I got out of the gate.

 

I saw a car not so far from here.

 

It could be her.

 

"JIYEON!" I called her and start chasing the car like I ever had a chance to do so.

 

She can't leave me.

 

"EUNJUNG!"

 

I heard my friends calling my name again.

 

The car is getting farther and farther.

 

NO!

 

I can't give up.

 

"JIYEON!!!" I called her again till I trip and fall on the street and the car slowly fades in the dark.

 

"Eunjung. OH My Gosh!" Soyeon help me up.

 

"Jiyeon. Bring Jiyeon back to me Soyeon! I CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT HER PLEASE! BRING JIYEON BACK HERE NOW!" I pleaded to her while my tears were flowing none stop.

 

"We will Eunjung! We will! Just calm down please! Hyomin was following them now" She said.

 

"Let's go now Eunjungie. This was just a misunderstanding. Everything will be ok" Boram said to me.

 

They both help me to stand and we walk back home.

 

I feel lifeless

 

I want to see Jiyeon right now and explain things to her.

 

"You run too fast. Damn my legs will hurt tomorrow for sure" Boram said.

 

"Tss. We are not running fast. Your legs were just short Ramie" Soyeon .

 

They were just teasing each other.

 

It should be fun but I can't even smile.

 

I won't smile unless Jiyeon will be here with me.

 

HYOMIN'S POV

 

I'm here now in my car chasing Hyeri's car.

 

Where is she taking my sister?

 

"Minnie please drive carefully. I can hear the sound of your engine and I could say that you're driving too fast" Kyul said from the other line.

 

"Kyul I'm chasing someone. I should be fast. Don't worry I'll be careful" I said.

 

Then, I notice where are we heading.

 

Airport???

 

The car finally stops.

 

"Jiyeon Jiyeon!" I called her and they stop and face me.

 

"Where are you going? Don't leave it's n-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter