IX

Change

“If you want it, come and get it. If you don’t someone else will” you sing-songed instead of replying him directly.

“Fair enough,” The said man smiled a defeated smile. An awkwardness began washing over you. “I’ll go get my book before someone else will” he smirked as he strode to get the books.

And just like that, you and Yongguk read through the afternoon in a peaceful silence. At one point you didn’t even realise you two had your feet against Yongguk’s lap while you two read comfortably on the sofa. Apologising you began to move your feet when he stopped you, saying it was comfortable and pulled the faux throw he was in over your feet too.

No awkwardness, no conversation necessary as you two enjoyed spending time together just by reading, expanding one another’s knowledge in through literature. Jack’s innocence washing over you like the waves of the ocean. Washing over you like you were a grain of sand. You were only ten pages away from finishing, but darkness was inching closer as the sun began to set behind the dark rainclouds. It was becoming darker and darker outside and that would make it harder to read.

Deciding it was best to get up, you moved you feet back up, startling Yongguk, who too was almost finished. “You do have candles, right?” your words stretched as you stretched your body.

“Look around yourself”

“I swear you’re more feminine than me” “I like my candles alot”

“My sister helped me, out, she likes candles. We finally have a reason to burn them today”

“Where are the matches?”

“I have a lighter”

You stopped. “You smoke?”

“An organised sister is also a well prepared sister. I never thought it would come in handy” he tore oven the packaging of a hand held gas stove lighter

“Um, Yongguk?” he replied with a hum, “My battery is gonna die but we might not have any water tomorrow”

Academy Awards should be given to the worst dramatic acting ever done as the tall tanned man gasped like the Scream. “Oh my god, how is it like to live without Data? Is that even possible in this day and age”

“How is it like to live without water Yongguk? It’s not possible in any day and age” sarcasm dripping from your voice like the sweetest honey

“Relax, I’ll run the bath okay” he replied as he help the lighter out for you, a smile playing at his lips didn’t go unnoticed.

“Okay” you replied as you took his lighter. Stepping around the living room, you lit up the candles dotting his living room as you heard water running in the bathroom. The ones on the candle stand in the corner, the ones by the lamp, the ones up on the shelf. The ones he left on the counter too. The warm glow and delicate heat of dancing fames began to fill the room bit by bit

“Is this what it would be like to marry you?” he asked from a corner, resting his body on the doorframe. You turned around to look at him, the ambient of glow of light from the candle made your appear angelic despite your messy hair covering your red tinted ears.

“Marry me and then you’ll find out” sweater paws up as you shrugged coolly.

“Is that an offer? I’m willing to accept it”

“YOU’RE SUCH A FLIRT!” you cringed as his laugh full of life roared in the apartment. “Why are you so cheesy with me”

“Only with you” he teased.

“Oh so I’m the only one you’ve flirted with in a club”

“No, you’re the only one who I’ve flirted and connected with”

You paused. “Strange”

Scratched eyebrows wrinkled together. “The connection?”

You held back a laugh. “The only guy I talked to besides my friends turns out so different than anticipated”

“Likewise from this end”

“You didn’t’ come in the club with girl friends”

“I’m not a womaniser, I told you I’m single” he deadpanned

“Oh my god” you face palmed “No I meant “girl friends”, the kind with that little space in between”

After a moment of realisation an embarrassed chuckle escaped his lips flashing his gums before moving into the living room and folding the throws being used

“I have guy friends in the club I normally talk to.” You’re phone began ringing. It’s at 5% making you frown “And one of them calls. Excuse me.” You picked up the phone call “Hey-”

Oh my god! Thank god you’re alive Danbi

“Chill Youngjae, I’m safe and well. I’ve had fun”

You have no idea how worried we all were. The fact you didn’t call me scared me woman! Junseo told me you’re with some stranger.

“Jae, I’m with him right now.” You mentioned.

Who the is he, gimme a name and-

“Remember the guy who preformed at the club two weeks ago when our usual was gonna be late?”

You mean Yongguk hyung?!

“How is it that everyone but me knows of him!” your sighed in frustration as Yongguk snickered behind you before leaving to put the blankets away.

Where are you guys? Your building was evacuated and you weren’t there

“I’m at his place right now”

Y-you… where?

“His apartment. We went to his studio first but then we had to freshen up so we walked up to his place-”

Danbi, listen to me very carefully. You heard him rub a hand to his face in thought, nervousness began to climb its way in. I don’t know how the hell you two got so close, but don’t leave that house

“The street is flooded and the Han river burst its banks, we’re not going anywhere”

NO! I mean…just make sure you get his number. I’ll tell you more about it later.

“Do I need to use the button?”

Wha- No NO! he’s not that kind of guy, you’re safe with him. Just stay with him.

“Okay. You stay safe in this weather too Youngjae”

Don’t forget to use protection the bully called out before hanging up.

“Who was that? Seemed like he knew me”

“You’re not the only one I can talk about you know” you retorted, a thought crept into your mind. “Protective boyfriend mode on already?” you teased.

“This is dating?” You rolled your eyes.

“My friend, Yoo Youngjae. Smooth, strong and hella bitter when he wants to be”’

“Typical Youngjae, he likes things straight just like his Whiskey” he looked to see you staring back “What did I do this time?”

“There really is a connection between us, isn’t’ there.”

________________________________________________

Updating because y'all deserve it. no chapter image this time. I didin't get a chance to make one