XXVIII

Change

Double Update: Back up if you're alittle onto it <3 

 

 

While the pair were lost in thought, the equine best seemed draw the towards it's owner, who waited by a little wooden lodge for you two to return safely. Gently rousing Yongguk awake from his slumber to disembark the beast with an adorable expression of tiredness, you slid off the horse in pursuit. "We'll be staying here the night" Yongguk smiled, approaching the little wooden lodge. Rustic key in lock and the heavy door swung open into a very cosy little space. "It's very cute," you commented, the wooden walls and floor accentuated the cosy interior despite having signs of riches among it. Cow pelt rug on the floor with leather chairs not far from the fireplace gave a sense of wealth, but crocheted crafts and a knitted throws sprawled on a leather loveseat have a homey vibe. It definitely was different to Yongguk's usual minimalist, simplistic, monotonous style; but it had a touch of him somewhere.

It was clear this house was once a home, with memories of a family being there in the past. Heights of children marked on a wooden pillar in the little kitchen, the name of your love at age 11 was at waist height on the beam among other children’s names and heights. Drawings by children were framed in the hallways, among other family pictures on the walls. A family of five, two cheeky looking boys, a gorgeous girl, a stern looking father and elegant mother, with a little puppy up front, “It’s so cosy.” You said, looking at the picture.

A soft chuckle left yongguk’s lips. “This was your father in law’s holiday house. Why don't you shower first? I'll bring our things inside." Yongguk called from the living space. The distance in his voice wasn’t the nicest feeling, but it’s a clear attempt at normalization after this afternoon’s events.

"Sounds good" you nodded. Just a short while ago he was counting on you, it's clear he's still trying to pull himself together. Trying to normalise the interactions with him is hard; nothing about time with him has been normal since this relationship began. Bravery seems to have done a number on your old self, for you smile and reply. "I'll make dinner, it should be done in around an hour".

A raised eyebrow from Yongguk showed signs of normalization from his end too. "What are you going to make? We've only got leftovers from the picnic,” he inquired. “Do you need me to get anything?”

"Do you trust me?" the question tumbled out of your lips without much thought.

"Without a doubt" he replied without a beat. A wave of relief washed over you, who knew what your expression was like, but Yongguk held a hit of concern in his eyes.

"Then I'll show you my culinary skills at their finest; true housewife style" you welcomed the challenge with open arms and a smile.

"I will look forward to it," he smiled, genuine and gummy.

A cold water in the shower cooled down the thoughts running in your mind at 100 miles an hour...well, most of them at least. Scratchy towels dried skin, comfort only came in a pair of shorts and one of Yongguk's tee shirts reaching your thighs. He probably likes you in his clothes, you chuckled to yourself.

This quiet and awkward distance in behaviour, despite being necessary, was painful. His comforting cologne made you miss him despite being by his side; it’s not nearly as delicious as scent in his embrace. Never did one think you could miss someone even though they're right beside you…

Among the important things to establish in a normal relationship, one of the most important ones there hasn’t been any time for was the definition of personal space for you two. What it’s like for an individual you know of, but together: where is he pushing you away, and where is he simply taking a step back for himself? It never seemed to be an obvious thing, considering the most time spent together was peaceful. Those comfortable silences, in the same vicinity gave enough space to think and do as you pleased on your own.
Perhaps it was the time we spent on our own while he was at work…time spent together isn’t nearly enough to help understand what it is.

Perhaps this is too much thought, this relationship has only just started and you’re thinking of things you never had.

Perhaps…time and wisdom will help answer these questions.

 

 

______________

A.N:

Double update, two short chapters only for y'all <3
I hope it broke things down alittle more...it's hard trying to put feelings into words in a way that is understandable.